+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Wildstar

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Worst news of the day

Yeah no dobut =( Odds are the game will be out sooner or later but I'm sensing a good 20 year dev cycle considering they've already been working on it so long.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    So i see a lot of people saying they can't wait for wildstar so they can leave rift, well I still get meeting notes from The Enclave and here is what they had to say about Wildstar, soooo good luck with that.

Wildstar in its current state is pretty bad
    The feel with the game is very off
    You float, you glide, and this is intentional. Momentum = Warhammer Online
    Extremely slow to level. Eons to level - intentional
    PvP was terrible. You could not even focus on specific players. It is just a free for all with a screen full of red on the ground.
    Overall, the game is bad and not worth our time unless they remove the telegraphs, at the very least.
    Ive been in 2 of their betas so far, though i didnt enjoy it myself its just not my kind of game. People will always trash new betas and run with **** they hear from others trashing a game. You honestly cant listen to people who jump on , play an hour and quit because they dont like the starting area.
    And the slow leveling was really the only thing i enjoyed about Wild star.
    ~Harming

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Lithium1 View Post
    I remember all those cries of "Aion will kill SWTOR!" "Guild Wars 2 will kill SWTOR!"

In the end only the greedy free to play launch of SWTOR could really effectively kill SWTOR.

Trion has shown the community how a real F2P launches.
    What are you talking about? Trion just had bunch of BS that they never kept their word on and the cash shop model we have now is almost the same as a Asian style craptastic FTP model.

You do know Aion had the best North American Free to play model right? That game 100% free no content gated, I mean 100% nothing gated. The only thing that's bad about that game is the Korean RNG factor which is why Aion is only popular in Asia.

But Aions FTP model was the most successful due to no nothing was gated at all that game really had no tricks and traps lol.

I love Rift to Death but if you are not a VET with the full game already, you will be paying TONS of money on Rift FTP accounts to unlock everything a lot more expensive then it was to just buy the game and pay a sub.

The only upside to Trion's FTP model is that you can buy the Cash shop currency with plat, If Trion nerfs that (which I think they will in the future) then Trion's cash shop is no different then any crappy FTP game cash shop that requires weekly spending.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-19-2013 at 01:42 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlinxx View Post
    Ive been in 2 of their betas so far, though i didnt enjoy it myself its just not my kind of game. People will always trash new betas and run with **** they hear from others trashing a game. You honestly cant listen to people who jump on , play an hour and quit because they dont like the starting area.
    And the slow leveling was really the only thing i enjoyed about Wild star.
    ~Harming
    If you had any experience with any other games recently being Published by NCSOFT and played GW2 and such, you would understand why Wildstar is being shat on.

The main reason it's prob going to flop is the exact copy/past Mechanics of Guild wars 2 system with their own terrible twist to it.
    MMO companies need to stop trying to do stupid "new blow your mind things" and just go what's successful with their own story to it. Like how Trion did with Rift at the very start pre storm legion which is why it was sucessful

It won't matter if it's just beta, the same mechanics and combat system will be there at release. Beta only thing that changes is fix to bugs/exploits/making sure it runs properly and changing things here and there.

They won't change the major mechanics of the their system, so even though its beta, you can already see the type of game it will be. The crappy combat system alone is enough to deter 95% of pvpers away.

Just like how dumb and terrible Tera's console type combat system was, that game flopped so fast it was not even funny, they released and almost instantly went free to play from a overpriced game and sub lol.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-19-2013 at 02:01 PM.

Selling my beta key for ab pictures.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Even ESO in beta atm is pretty terrible.

MMOS in general are in a terrible state. You really only have 2 choices for MMO pvp, Rift or world of Warcraft.
    I doubt EQNext will bring what people are looking for.
    During the time I played swtor it actually had pretty darn good pvp (except for the open world zone which was garbage). But overall it was much more interesting then what rift has to offer especially huttball with 2 competent teams was amazing...

Though their f2p model is pretty much a huge joke (5 warfronts a week?!?!) thats why I currently am playing rift until something new and shiny comes along (likely teso since I hope it will bring back some amount of daoc rvr feeling).
    Last edited by Balduran; 12-19-2013 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    I didn't get in to winter beta so if you do have a spare key I will totally send you an ab pic :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Jesus guuurl clear your inbox, can't send you PMs but can get them off of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Balduran View Post
    During the time I played swtor it actually had pretty darn good pvp (except for the open world zone which was garbage). But overall it was much more interesting then what rift has to offer especially huttball with 2 competent teams was amazing...

Though their f2p model is pretty much a huge joke (5 warfronts a week?!?!) thats why I currently am playing rift until something new and shiny comes along (likely teso since I hope it will bring back some amount of daoc rvr feeling).
    ESO Cyrodil is DAOC with better graphics. When we did our scroll "relic" steal during beta i felt like i was back in Albion, that feeling was almost 2 much to handle.
    It is new, nearly perfect, sandbox seige warfare.
    The only aspect i didnt see much about was emperor-ship, and we never raided the capitol.
    But the seiges were amazing, and no lag, even with 300+ on the screen.
    They revived the best pvp game ever made.

Rift Chaser

Keep bashing a game while it's in beta it makes you look really intelligent. It's like if top gear reviewed a car while it is still in the production line. Good job tho!

I also don't get why people are bashing GW2 when it had the best combat I have ever played in an MMO. I had a solid 7-8 months of pure enjoyment from that game and had it not been for them screwing up the balance pretty majorly I would still be playing that game. You people say you want new games but you want the same old game just a different version of it.

You don't play WoW yet you want every game to be like WoW.

Anyone can copy a game but it takes effort to create something entirely new.
    Yes it is a risk but you gotta risk it to get the biscuit.
    Last edited by The B Man; 12-19-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    You're so full of ****! "I can't even 1v1 a pyro" and who the **** are you? No one, just a ****ing bandwagoner who doesn't know **** and will say anything to be on the side of the majority. **** you.
    - PyroKiller

Quote Originally Posted by shortycool View Post
    Jesus guuurl clear your inbox, can't send you PMs but can get them off of you.
    Sorrrrry my bad!! It's cleared.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

I wonder if Wildstar, Elder Scrolls Online, Archeage would penalize players for circle strafing, jumping, moving at all....
    @Deepwood and elsewhere
    - Hello Kitty -* Plinka *
    And The Littles
    McBaddie * Chickabowwow * Bigstaff * Bighat * Beergut
    Littlehealz * Littletop * Fireballa * Freedomfries

Unless you play wow, pvp-only players should seriously get out of the mmo genre. Wow is the only mmo to truly cater to competitive pvp-minded players. If you like huge Zerg fests or "epic" 40v40 or RvR ********, you are not a competitive pvp player imo. ESO has already stated that pvp will not be a major focus of its game. In fact, It will probably be less focused on pvp than trion was with rift. Wildstar is literally complete ****, I can't wait til all the ESO and wildstar fanboys are extremely let down when they hop into those games looking for competitive pvp. If you truly want competitive pvp in an mmo, your only chance is WoW or the next blizzard mmo. Or you could switch to moba's and forever be grateful like I was.

That's just the truth, ESO is the next star wars in terms of hype...and wildstar is the next gw2 in terms of hype. They will both be successful for a month and then completely flop. Wildstar's gameplay mechanics for pvp are going to be sooooooo bad and boring....and to think I once had high hopes for wildstar (then I started reading reviews and watching footage).......thank god for Riot.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nephaerius View Post
    Doubt the game will see the light of day until 2020 if then.
    It is called World of Darkness. Fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by charliekelly View Post
    Black desert and archeage are the only hope anyone has.
    Sandbox or hybrid sandbox MMOs will always have my vote over their ugly themepark cousins.

Both look great, but Camelot Unchained in a couple of years will hopefully be awesome as well.
    Last edited by Baramos; 12-19-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast