+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 51
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: ESO Releasing 4/4/14

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    117

  2. #2
    Champion Harmonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    EQNEXT!!!!!! <3 Alpha on or before February 28, 2014. Closed Beta access on or before March 31, 2014,

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonia View Post
    EQNEXT!!!!!! <3 Alpha on or before February 28, 2014. Closed Beta access on or before March 31, 2014,
    I will believe it when I see it. I stopped trusting Smedley a long time ago.

    Just a reminder what he said about 2013 let alone 2014.

    "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta,"
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  4. #4
    Ascendant Rounded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,421

    Default

    $60 box + $15 monthly + cash shop.

    Lovely.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. I stopped trusting Smedley a long time ago.

    Just a reminder what he said about 2013 let alone 2014.

    "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta,"
    https://www.eqnlandmark.com/

    Character creator, world assets, player housing... Yeah. None of that is going to be in the release. >.<

  6. #6
    Champion Harmonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I will believe it when I see it. I stopped trusting Smedley a long time ago.

    Just a reminder what he said about 2013 let alone 2014.

    "Players will get their hands on an actual release version of what we're doing late [this] year - and I don't mean a beta,"
    I've never trusted Smedley, well not since his: 'we will NEVER have micro-transactions' spiel.

    I'll be happy to derp around in Alpha and Beta though. I'm still not a fan of the character models but the world looks awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    Get your tissues and self-confidence books ebabies. The crying has just begun.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Laeris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonia View Post
    I've never trusted Smedley, well not since his: 'we will NEVER have micro-transactions' spiel.

    I'll be happy to derp around in Alpha and Beta though. I'm still not a fan of the character models but the world looks awesome.
    Eh I don't treat developers like religions. They all... ALL OF THEM lie and/or speak in half truths/PR speak. I simplify it by calling it lying to drive sales. Trion does it just about every other week. "We will never go to a micro transaction model with Rift." ~ Scott Hartsman. Granted, Daglar is the one who welched on that deal with the whole, "Well I ain't Scott" business (paraphrased) but still.

    It's why I pretty much don't pay any attention to what any of them say...substantively. ALL OF THEM will do what makes money. If it were proven that they could get 100 million subscribers by turning the footfall sounds into fart noises...every MMO on the planet would have fart noise sounding shoes.

    The simple fact of the matter is that in order to stay in business these days, since the market shift about 4 years ago, companies have to squeeze dollars any way they can because the current generation of gamers are mostly faux gamers who play 2 hours per week and there's a lot more of them than there are of us.

    That's why the sub model is suffering. It has nothing to do with promises and lies or perceived quality issues. If the overwhelming majority of an entire genre's playerbase plays 10 hours per week or less... then they don't buy subs because it isn't something that they do with enough frequency to dictate it. So, companies try and squeeze those players for money with microtransactions since they wouldn't even be there otherwise to begin with.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Crazio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    314

    Default

    I wont took a peep at Teso if Falling Damage is back in RIFT!

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazio View Post
    I wont took a peep at Teso if Falling Damage is back in RIFT!
    TESO, sadly stinks. I had hopes for it but when I played the beta it lost me.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hydron View Post
    TESO, sadly stinks. I had hopes for it but when I played the beta it lost me.
    haven't received my beta invite! maybe because I bought Skyrim from Steam and only played it for 5 mins. Do they know?

    Do you think it stinks as an TES game or as an MMO. My feeling is that it's a TES game with multiplayer added on. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I got from previews.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    haven't received my beta invite! maybe because I bought Skyrim from Steam and only played it for 5 mins. Do they know?

    Do you think it stinks as an TES game or as an MMO. My feeling is that it's a TES game with multiplayer added on. I could be wrong but that's the feeling I got from previews.
    Its a gorgeous, extremely well optimized game with the most clunky and horribly designed combat mechanics I've seen in a MMO ever. Its a shame cause the game has many bright spots. But bad combat is something that's really hard to overcome.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  12. #12
    Ascendant HannonHellbringer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,142

    Default

    Combat is clunky and slow, its a hybrid of fps and an MMO that just doesn't work. They would have been better off sticking with the Oblivion/Skyrim combat with the realism, and I HAAAAATE that there is no collision, everyone is a ghost, just running through everyone.

    I'm still going to play it because it still has a lot of good points and once you get used to the combat its not too bad. I just hope they keep working on the combat system, their lore though is pretty awesome and the environment is just gorgeous. Overall I give it a 7 maybe 8 out of 10 with the possibility to get better. I do love the class system and the ability to kinda form your own flavor of class. Sure you can go min/max stuff but so far I couldn't find anything too glaringly different that min/maxing is THE way to go.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Its a gorgeous, extremely well optimized game with the most clunky and horribly designed combat mechanics I've seen in a MMO ever. Its a shame cause the game has many bright spots. But bad combat is something that's really hard to overcome.
    You totally got it!! The combat stinks!! Terribly! I wonder if it's because they are making this multiplatform? I don't know but I was very sad.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Combat is clunky and slow, its a hybrid of fps and an MMO that just doesn't work. They would have been better off sticking with the Oblivion/Skyrim combat with the realism, and I HAAAAATE that there is no collision, everyone is a ghost, just running through everyone.

    I'm still going to play it because it still has a lot of good points and once you get used to the combat its not too bad. I just hope they keep working on the combat system, their lore though is pretty awesome and the environment is just gorgeous. Overall I give it a 7 maybe 8 out of 10 with the possibility to get better. I do love the class system and the ability to kinda form your own flavor of class. Sure you can go min/max stuff but so far I couldn't find anything too glaringly different that min/maxing is THE way to go.
    I'm definitely gonna keep an eye on it. I think you hit it right on the head. Game has many strong points but right now, its just not there in terms of the combat. I hope it gets there before launch. They do have a lot of time.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  15. #15
    Prophet of Telara Goodberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Its a gorgeous, extremely well optimized game with the most clunky and horribly designed combat mechanics I've seen in a MMO ever. Its a shame cause the game has many bright spots. But bad combat is something that's really hard to overcome.
    Bad combat will completely kill any game for me, even if everything else is fantastic.
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts