+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Trolls Uncovered!

Default Trolls Uncovered!

Now I know who the trolls are........... NSA agents!

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/12/...-online-games/
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Read a copy of this on CNN. Personally, I liked the comment that said something to the effect of,
    "This just in: NSA employees find ways to convince bosses to let them play WoW at work".

LOL

Hawkemoon- Cleric- Greybriar
    Waiting for: Star Citizen

Step one: Create a char
    Step two: Make a radical political or religious statement in global chat
    Step three: Sit back and take down the names of players defending the radical view point.
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Well all the times now that when chatting with a friend in WoW we would jokingly throw the words 'Pine Gap' into an unrelated conversation... I hope it gave some NSA operatives cheap thrills.

[Ed. On second thought... perhaps that's the reason they went there.
    Last edited by Friar Tuck; 12-10-2013 at 05:26 AM.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

I think the writer of the article had it wrong. Nothing about the type of training you can receive in the game according to the article makes sense to infiltrate an MMO. There was one team fps combat game where you could play as a terrorist faction against the U.S. I bet that's the one that set them off. That's just speculation, of course.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aerelith View Post
    I think the writer of the article had it wrong. Nothing about the type of training you can receive in the game according to the article makes sense to infiltrate an MMO. There was one team fps combat game where you could play as a terrorist faction against the U.S. I bet that's the one that set them off. That's just speculation, of course.
    you might be right,but why would they keep scanning wow or rift like mmorpg? clearly defiants or "the horde" can't attack U.S.

Maybe when you're tying to aggregate every form of communication in the world, you need game chat logs too? I dunno. I got nothing against it really. If the NSA wants to know what times I raid or get the run down on my latest ideas for raid composition to down Regulos, more power to them.

I hope they don't suspect...
    http://i.imgur.com/6jwiSk9.jpg
    That I'm....
    http://i.imgur.com/9BAQg9y.jpg
    Up to SOMETHING
    http://i.imgur.com/m3za2FS.jpg
    99 Bugs in the Code, 99 Bugs, take one down, compile it around, 117 bugs in the code.

Soulwalker

While I'm firmly against this sort of spying, I think the reasons they gave were fairly clear.

Less hunting for Americans with radical viewpoints and more about the possibility that the anonymous chat channels could be used to pass messages between active "bad guys."

Maybe I've been watching too much "Homeland" recently but communicating via MMO seems like a brilliant idea to me. Also I'm assuming that their stated reason for monitoring is all they were looking at...take that for what you will.
    Rawl the Rogue
    Proud Member of MUTINY on Greybriar. 9/9 - T1, 4/4GA, 2/3IG, 2/5PBB

I'm still don't understand the uproar for this entire spying craze. I thought it was always assumed you don't search google on to make a bomb.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-10-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I'm still don't understand the uproar for this entire spying craze. I thought it was always assumed you don't search google on to make a bomb.
    USA is the world police, hence it has the right to spy on everyone with any means nessesary!

/emote has marked you as a Terrorist. You will be sent to Gitmo within 30 seconds if you do not disengage from combat with the USA.

(those not lvl 60 on NA shards might not fully get the reference)

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Prophet of Telara

The New World order is taking over one online game at a time, while they plot underneath the Denver world Airport.

I know of people in my college that have their drug dealers contact them on World of warcraft because they were to paranoid to use a phone lol. California does crap like this all the time on online games.
    Last edited by DriftinARift; 12-10-2013 at 02:17 PM.

for all those derps constantly pointing out that they played wow for x years and therefore know everything about every aspect of every MMO...

...you now qualify for a job with the NSA.
    but don't expect it to be a happy place.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Taking bets on which country the USA is going to try and "Liberate" in 2014
    Last edited by SoulPlay; 12-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast