+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting soul ideas

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Default Interesting soul ideas

I was actually wondering what people think would make an interesting idea, or concept for some souls in rifts, even though the last couple of souls have been already put in most likely and are just being held out of the light till they wish to be released. I alwayys seemed to like the idea of a Fencer/debuffer type of class, that would specilize on vary accurate attacks that would weaken the target's abbility to fight back effectively, as well as a class that would be less about an all out fighting style and more of a class that would be defensive in it's fighting waiting for opening to attack.

Strengths: This type of class would be strong against single targets or harder hitting targets since they can reduce the chance that the target can do damage, how much damage they can do, over even if te target can hit the class. Since they would most likely would wear lighter armors not nearly as light as a rouge or mage type would but yet not as heavy as a warrior type would they would be better armored then the rouge yet more agile and quick then warriors as well as retaining more of their accuracy they need for their attacks.

Weaknesses: A class like this would be sourly weak in tthe begining of combat as welll as near the end of combat most likely as they lack the nukeing or high damage abbilites of other classes, in favor of their debuffs as wel as lacking in aoe based attacks. I could see this class being more of a reactive fighting style needing to parry, or dodge attack or have things like snares, and opening made for them to use their higher damage abbilities causing them to be vary dependent on their party for the abbiliy to unleash higher sustained damage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Elric-merren View Post
    I was actually wondering what people think would make an interesting idea, or concept for some souls in rifts, even though the last couple of souls have been already put in most likely and are just being held out of the light till they wish to be released. I alwayys seemed to like the idea of a Fencer/debuffer type of class, that would specilize on vary accurate attacks that would weaken the target's abbility to fight back effectively, as well as a class that would be less about an all out fighting style and more of a class that would be defensive in it's fighting waiting for opening to attack.

Strengths: This type of class would be strong against single targets or harder hitting targets since they can reduce the chance that the target can do damage, how much damage they can do, over even if te target can hit the class. Since they would most likely would wear lighter armors not nearly as light as a rouge or mage type would but yet not as heavy as a warrior type would they would be better armored then the rouge yet more agile and quick then warriors as well as retaining more of their accuracy they need for their attacks.

Weaknesses: A class like this would be sourly weak in tthe begining of combat as welll as near the end of combat most likely as they lack the nukeing or high damage abbilites of other classes, in favor of their debuffs as wel as lacking in aoe based attacks. I could see this class being more of a reactive fighting style needing to parry, or dodge attack or have things like snares, and opening made for them to use their higher damage abbilities causing them to be vary dependent on their party for the abbiliy to unleash higher sustained damage.
    ur thinking of a tank my friend and there are a couple of those in this game

Champion of Telara Elric-merren's Avatar

Not completely true, it would be a varent of a tank yes though most would not see it as being viable since tanks for the most part wear heavier armor as well as wielding a shield, these are not to say being manditory but are the norm from most gaming playstyles. I was not thinking of making it where they would have to be the target of an attack that is blocked, dodged, or parried to use a counter attack, as it would be more of an attack of oppertunity that would be opened up by the dropping of the target's gaurd after being parried, blocked or dodged. Most tanks do have quite afew debuffs which they use yes to ensure they are able to live and take a reasonble amount of damage, but yet at the sametime they are used in a more survival based way; As i was more thinking that the class would use their bebuff to utilize their more powerful abilities which might have a heafty penilty or unreliable chance of successful use without the aid of the defuff being upon the target. The fact that the class would have high amounts of parrying as well as dodging ability would be more of a side affect, since they would need those for combat outside of instances or places where they would have members of a group to help them.

I had the entire way i envisioned how a class like this would work written up, and it did work alot like a tank though it would have alot more damage output then a normal tank would. I'll have to go look for the paper work for it as i can remeber only some of what I had written down.
    Last edited by Elric-merren; 10-04-2010 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
    ur thinking of a tank my friend and there are a couple of those in this game
    Riftstalker and Bladedancer have alot of the skills the OP is talking about very much like the swash/brig from EQ2.

+ Reply to Thread