+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV Update (Housing and PvP)

Default FFXIV Update (Housing and PvP)

They are finally going to add these...but...

Player housing looks like it is FC (Free Company = Guild) owned. No personal housing.

PvP is only going to be 5 man arena. One map.

They are adding a lot of content, but mostly for the people that have been grinding for months. Extreme modes. 24 Man Raid. New Hard Mode dungeons.

A few dailies and Duty Finder Roulette.

Actually, they blew it big with the 24 Man. It will be three 8-man teams. You have to queue up with your 8-man. You cannot go with your own 3 groups.

I think they blew it bigger than Rift did. I gave up grinding months ago.

I did try and come back to Rift, but Warriors suck. Looks like Tempest, Paragon or Tank.

FFXIV 2.1 rolls out on the 17th, and I will roll out when my sub is up come January.
    Beware the Penguin...

Rift Disciple

It's pretty much just a single player game anyway.

FFXIV ARR: A Realm Awoken, Patch 2.1 Trailer

Well, I was waiting for how they'll go about doing 2.1 and I'm pretty sold at the moment. With nothing really to do in RIFT outside of Raiding or PVP where both are incredibly bland right now, I must jump ship!!!

I wish they'd turn Limit Break into an Over-drive system instead but I guess that would involve some incredible balancing. I hate bad Mages using their Meteor for Single-Target! STAP IT!

The Fail runs strong in that game. Already unsubscribed it, after 1 month. Dungeons are unplayable with any lag due to absurd AOE mechanics with SERVER SIDE (!!!) evaluation of player position, and in Europe lag is much more than "any". :P
    Never give a sword to a man who can't dance (Confucius)

I thought they'd said previously it was going to be guild housing first, player housing later.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    With nothing really to do in RIFT outside of Raiding or PVP where both are incredibly bland right now, I must jump ship!!!
    You're kidding, right? Rift has the best raids in the industry at the moment (I say this as someone who quit 5 months ago and then played FFXIV through turn 5 of BC). Raiding in FFXIV is horrible. The encounters are boring and their difficulty is artificial*, borne of the absurd 0.4s positional update delay. Crystal Tower is going to be a tier below the current 8-man raid; you can't queue with a full pre-made group, you have to rely on randoms to be able to complete encounters. Talk about dropping the ****ing ball. That raid was supposed to be in the game at release, yet for some reason they've been unable to implement a raid-frame UI element that supports multiple "full parties". Seriously?

A Realm Reborn and bungled again.

*Case in point: Twintania -- Were you out of that divebomb's path? Screen says yes. Server says no.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 12-06-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: i tipe gud

I played FFXIV for a few months as a Warrior. The only fights that really excited me were Garuda and Titan. Mainly because I had a lot of free time during the launch and leveled faster than most.

Upon reaching fifty there were 2 instances you farmed. CM/AK and then the game is over, unless you want to turn into super-raider skip a tier of unreleased content and go into Binding Coil. I picked up Armorsmithing thinking I might be able to get some upgrades at level 50. Guess again! Armorsmithing is useless as a money maker and profession in the whole.

I'm really hoping a few patches down the line they might make the game more diverse. Otherwise the grind I really enjoyed the game and the leveling process. Good stories and dialogues. The one thing that bugs me about this game though is that your spells don't go off on button-press, they go off after the animation is finished.

The reason I quit? No housing, I wanted my house and chocobo breeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Renounced View Post
    The one thing that bugs me about this game though is that your spells don't go off on button-press, they go off after the animation is finished.
    No way! I absolutely love dying to mechanics 3 seconds after I hit Jump because the devs think it's more important for me to see the full animation than to participate in the boss encounter. I've got the grace of a dove as I back-flip into the fire that wasn't there when I left. Breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    You're kidding, right? Rift has the best raids in the industry at the moment (I say this as someone who quit 5 months ago and then played FFXIV through turn 5 of BC). Raiding in FFXIV is horrible. The encounters are boring and their difficulty is artificial*, borne of the absurd 0.4s positional update delay. Crystal Tower is going to be a tier below the current 8-man raid; you can't queue with a full pre-made group, you have to rely on randoms to be able to complete encounters. Talk about dropping the ****ing ball. That raid was supposed to be in the game at release, yet for some reason they've been unable to implement a raid-frame UI element that supports multiple "full parties". Seriously?
    Spoiler!

*Case in point: Twintania -- Were you out of that divebomb's path? Screen says yes. Server says no.
    ^CASE POINT. I agree, this was one of the reasons why I stopped playing FFXIV ARR, the other would be because I was raiding in RIFT. Should have seen me make a ***** rage when I was already out of the mechanic on my screen.

RIFT experiences the same issue during Open World Raid Bosses, unable to handle 300+ people and your game delay goes to ****. Would I play a game that gives me "some" server-side lag which I can deal with at the very top level with "mechanical anticipation" or a game which I cannot do anything about because there are too many people there (which is supposed to be a good thing).

I could go on and on about the positives and the negatives of both games but this is not the thread for that, I apologize for derailing it so much already.

There's just nothing to do outside of raiding which is why I wanted to jump ship, not because RIFT is a bad game. There's just nothing left to do for "my" character progression and the raids aren't as interesting as I'd like them to be.

I've actually reconsidered my decision after last night when a Guild mate convinced me not to go, so I'll probably just end up raid-logging while waiting for something new or bounce around.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by blazin View Post
    It's pretty much just a single player game anyway.
    Not true you have to play with other to progress in the main story.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    The Fail runs strong in that game. Already unsubscribed it, after 1 month. Dungeons are unplayable with any lag due to absurd AOE mechanics with SERVER SIDE (!!!) evaluation of player position, and in Europe lag is much more than "any". :P
    I saw your post in the FFIV forums.

Trying to play the game nonetheless, anticipating the bosses and running the heck out of them whenever "I have a bad feeling about it". Detracts from DPS? Good, I won't steal aggro from tank. Sometimes seems to work. We'll see. :P

Left for good when I tried the crafting system, and read a guide on how to win Hard Mode Titan. Sheer BS both. :P

Let's see, gorgeous world and graphics, nice character models, lousy and annoying gameplay, company building on game weaknesses instead of strengths... Where have I already seen this movie? :P

P.S.
    Not RIFT!
    Last edited by Goodberry; 12-17-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Goodberry View Post
    Left for good when I tried the crafting system, and read a guide on how to win Hard Mode Titan. Sheer BS both. :P

Let's see, gorgeous world and graphics, nice character models, lousy and annoying gameplay, company building on game weaknesses instead of strengths... Where have I already seen this movie? :P

P.S.
    Not RIFT!
    Replied to another post you made:

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    Did you not find the latency much better after the patch? The servers feel more responsive now and my latency is 30ms less than before the patch.
    Say what you will about the launch of FFIV but SE have been very responsive with server load compared to Trion. In the EU [Rift] the servers haven't been stable since the launch on Steam. SE have added new realms, added more instance servers and now have added even more capacity. It was chaos when it first launched and it only took them a week and that was with getting new servers. It took Trion two weeks just to rearrange their European servers back into clusters. It seems that you can solve network problems, shame Trion don't hire them; maybe they should look for network engineers in Canada.
    Last edited by Caitie; 12-17-2013 at 04:41 PM.

Ascendant

It is a different type of PvP from Rift certainly, am hoping for them to add 8v8 PvP soon but the 4v4 is pretty entertaining at the moment.

As far as raids, yeah the fact they are VERY slow at updating your position is quite frustrating although I am used to it now. The new 8 man trials they added with 2.1 are entertaining but I know it won't last and when everyone has weapons from Twintania I don't know what there will be to do. I am still hoping for a good raiding game out there. I quit RIFT because the talent pool was complete garbage since f2p hit and really didn't feel like joining another guild. I am hoping I can get past those horrid cartoon graphics of Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast