+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Silas of Arah

Thread: Beware the Creeping Crud

Default Beware the Creeping Crud

Being part of the medical field, it is FLU season and here are some facts about the flu and how to avoid getting and spreading the flu.
    • Don't share food and other items from people with the flu.
      I see this in homes and restaurants family and friends eating off the same plate or sharing food.
    • Cover you mouth with a rag, shirt, or turn away when you sneeze.
      You should avoid using hands because the flu is now passed to objects you handle, food, and even handshakes.
    • Wash hands in warm soapy water frequently.
      Hot water can do you more harm, warm soapy water is the best death bath for germs.
    • Avoid touching your face.
      We have holes in our heads LoL. Seriously eyes, nose, and mouth are how germs get into the body.
    • Keep your immune system active.
      Believe it or not eating veggies, exercise, and rest is the best way to combat the flu.

Now for some "myths" and other weird stuff.
    • Is the flu and cold a product of going outside in the cold with wet hair?
      No. While this might weaken your immune system, it plays no factor in getting the flu. The opposite is true in that men and women sent to Antarctica will no longer get the flu since they are now isolated by the cold. If someone new enters the compound who is sick, they may pass the virus to them but the flu virus needs warmth to survive. Once leaving the isolation and returning home most get sick right away.
    • About Flu shots containing a "GPS tracker" or "chips" really?
      If some government other than Canada is putting chips or whatnot into the flu shots, then this is just a crazy idea. It is a good idea for old people and young children to get shots. It may not prevent them from getting the flu, but the symptoms will do less damage on their bodies. Healthy people are less of a concern and should just take better care of themselves. As for the MIB, Don't they realize we have these things we call microscopes?
    • Chicken soup?
      Feel good food makes the sick person feel better. While it is not a cure, it can be a healthy choice to prevent the flu from settling in on you.

Simon Tomoko

I don't think the "contains a GPS tracker" thing makes any sense at all, we can make those small, but not small enough to go through a typical syringe needle.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I don't think the "contains a GPS tracker" thing makes any sense at all, we can make those small, but not small enough to go through a typical syringe needle.
    Exactly, but you have no idea what wonderous excuses people will come up with not to be vaccinated. I work in research at a hospital and starting this year they are requiring all personal involved with medicine, direct patient care or not, to get flu vaccines yearly or lose your job. People are coming up with all sorts of crazy reasons to not get it it besides the obvious that they dont like needles.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Well, the frightened people who would subscribe to such a belief do not exactly base their premises on a sensible interpretation of the world. It's very sad.
    Last edited by ilex011; 12-02-2013 at 05:13 PM.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

+ Reply to Thread