+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trove: Thanksgiving 50 Alpha codes giveaway. Sub Sub Sub Reddit.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Default Trove: Thanksgiving 50 Alpha codes giveaway. Sub Sub Sub Reddit.

Lets gooooo Rifters and get cubed!

Article @Riftdreamdimensions.com

1300 Subscriptions 50 Use Code Goes Out!
    Currently 1029.

Trove Subreddit

1,181! Can't wait! 120 users on. Hopefully that drops a bit when it hits 1,300. Gotta up my chances :P

I was just coming to start a thread on getting some info with where the Trove alpha is at, so this is cool.

Was thinking of buying a supporter pack, but want to know if the alpha is actually live, and are pack buyers actually in it now playing?

If not live, will 'priority access' (if you buy a pack), mean you are guaranteed of alpha access as soon as Trove is live?

[Ed Don't really wanna have to sign up to another site if I can help it]
    Last edited by Friar Tuck; 11-28-2013 at 01:36 AM.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Missed out on this. Was there and copy-pasted the code within 5secs of the reddit post with the code; but already ran out. >_< People were so fast!

@Friar Tuck - Priority Alpha Access just gives you priority over those who don't have it (in other words, people who just sign up for alpha access on the site). They'll release alpha invites in waves.

Whether you can get in on the next alpha invite wave depends how many people have got Priority Alpha Access. I.e., if they are adding 50 people to the next wave and there's 55 people with Priority Alpha Access - I'm guessing 5 people will miss out until the next wave.

Alpha is already live and people are playing who have gotten their hands on Alpha codes, or been lucky with e-mails sent out for those who signed up.

You'd need the $200 Conqueror pack or higher if you want Instant Alpha Access (so you can get in immediately).

Mm, well I got a helpful email that explained all. So this has all the elements that I love: RPG stuff, MMO stuff, Minecraft stuff.

As I understand, Priority Access will guarantee you Alpha - at some point - not nec instantaneously, which can be had by spending $200.

[Ed. They mention on the Reddit post that the 50 keys given out represent only a small percentage of the total invited in a wave, so that is good news for Pack purchasers.]
    Last edited by Friar Tuck; 11-28-2013 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    As I understand, Priority Access will guarantee you Alpha - at some point - not nec instantaneously, which can be had by spending $200.
    Priority Alpha Access is obtainable by spending $20.
    The $200 one is Instant Alpha Access that gives you it instantly.

Ascendant

Just a statement, This looks alot like a minecraft copycat...

That is all.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Just a statement, This looks alot like a minecraft copycat...

That is all.
    It may look like that superficially, but it's not very similar at all in mechanics. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's definitely not like minecraft.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    It may look like that superficially, but it's not very similar at all in mechanics. I'm not sure what to make of it, but it's definitely not like minecraft.
    I don't play minecraft because it looks ridiculous.
    I won't play Trove because it looks like minecraft.

Sorry but it's just not my thing. In fact, it's about as far from my thing as a thing can possibly get.
    Last edited by Laeris; 11-28-2013 at 09:01 PM.

From the screenies I've seen, Trove is more aesthetic and graphically complex than Minecraft. I really enjoy Minecraft but the up-close angles and blocks of colour disagree with my brain. Trove has shadow and depth and is a bit more subtle, so I am expecting it to be more playable for me personally.

[Ed: Eh, it's prolly gunna be a massive waste of good hardware, but I'll give it a go. Trove on 3 mons... why not?!
    Last edited by Friar Tuck; 11-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.

[Ed: Eh, it's prolly gunna be a massive waste of good hardware, but I'll give it a go. Trove on 3 mons... why not?!
    3 Accounts, all facing your 'workspace' in a different axis/angle per monitor so you can always tell what the thing you are trying to create looks like at different angles are correct for any mistakes ahead of time.

Jonus, I am spatially challenged at the best of time, the prospect of 3 different views all at once is prolly a recipe for meltdown!

I got my code now, but only one. Is this what friends use too, or will a separate code come later? (Or should the extra have come at the same time and this is a bug?)

I got my code now, but only one. Is this what friends use too, or will a separate code come later? (Or should the extra have come at the same time and this is a bug?)
    From checking out the Trove subreddit, Dev posts seem to indicate that the friend codes will come in a separate mail to you.

We just sent out a new round of alpha invites!

Keep in mind that friend keys are sent separately from your personal invitation. If you're a conqueror level supporter, please look out for your friend keys with the alpha waves!
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Trove/commen...eck_your_mail/

So I've been popping in every day or so to see what changes are made, and while it's still early days for the game itself, it is proving to be an interesting kind of social interaction hothouse. Not in the direct sense. o.O

But it's certainly interesting to see how ppl behave when they are completely free. Some like to make their mark on the world with names. Some build. Some help themselves to what others build and then build (lol). Some destroy. Some destroy and inconvenience - which is all very useful in an alpha of course - one must test limits (yes, thank you for the hole to the centre of the earth in the starting area in Alpha 2 a couple of builds ago lol). Pushing boundaries can alert the devs to weaknesses and make sure ppl have a decent experience when the game actually lands.

I am philosophical about it. Wishing dearly tho that blocks will at least be resizable in all dimensions so we can have the sort of detail in the world that the models have.

Can't wait to get my Alpha Key. Patience has never been my strong suit
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast