+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Blizzard Strikes Back

Default Blizzard Strikes Back

Blizzard Strikes Back-lipllhn.jpg

Your move, Trion....

Prophet of Telara

Blizzard never had to strike back at a company that used the worst marketing you can for a MMO with those terrible "we're not in azeroth anymore" commercials and letting go good developers pre sl and replacing them with.....well what we got now where they neglect all content but Hardcore raiding people.

Blizzard has been laughing for the past 2 years. Blizzard has no real threat in the MMO market lol.

Ahaha, that's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Blizzard never had to strike back at a company that used the worst marketing you can for a MMO with those terrible "we're not in azeroth anymore" commercials and letting go good developers pre sl and replacing them with.....well what we got now where they neglect all content but Hardcore raiding people.

Blizzard has been laughing for the past 2 years. Blizzard has no real threat in the MMO market lol.
    There can never be more than one!
    All opposition must be crushed!
    I am the god of hellfire, no other gods are allowed!
    One ring to rule them all!
    Only one MMO should be allowed at a time!

This is exactly how you sound like.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Attachment 15941

Your move, Trion....
    More like
    http://viktdk.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/carebears.jpg
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

actually Blizzard is their own worst enemy. first Cataclysm then MoP, they are doing what noone achieved, killing WoW. WoW has almost halved in numbers since its peak without any major compatitor out there, and most of the people leaving are western subs, the ones that put cash in Blizzards pockets.

if WoD follows the same path of suckiness, I think by 2015 (a helluva triple A MMO releases) we might very well witness the death of WoW...
    Last edited by Kor Phaeron; 11-25-2013 at 04:24 AM.

It's not dying for the same reason that facebook and twitter aren't...

...because breeding isn't controlled unless you're chinese and that is not for the sake of eliminating stupidity but just because asians get laid too much.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    actually Blizzard is their own worst enemy. first Cataclysm then MoP, they are doing what noone achieved, killing WoW. WoW has almost halved in numbers since its peak without any major compatitor out there, and most of the people leaving are western subs, the ones that put cash in Blizzards pockets.

if WoD follows the same path of suckiness, I think by 2015 (a helluva triple A MMO releases) we might very well witness the death of WoW...
    The downward trend reflects a general apathy on behalf of game players globally in respect of this type of game. If you look at what has been going on it is more the change in attitude to gaming. More want to play for free and be more mobile with their gaming habits. There has been a dreadful downturn in the economies of the world and this has hit hard the disposable income available for such things. And I would suggest that World of Warcraft's loss of subscribers has been more to do with every other similar game going free to play. I mean how is a kid these days going to convince their mom and dad for a sub when they can get so many games for nothing. Personally I applaud the efforts of Blizzard in maintaining a sub based game. Shame all the others gave in and degraded MMOs for good.

Lets hope Blizzard can maintain a sub based game cus if it ever went F2P properly there just wouldn't be the server capacity to deal with the influx and games like Rift would be lost in the dust.

PS I have to queue each and every night to get into game in Warcraft... not bad for a failing game would you say... where you have to pay a subscription.

PPS I am a 'paying' subscriber by three monthly renewable subs to World of Warcraft, Rift, SWToR and Tera. I do not play F2P. I pay for my gaming time. It really is the only way to provide consistent and measurable income for a development team. It also means that developers can focus on making the game entertaining through game mechanics rather than selling fluff and nonsense.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kor Phaeron View Post
    WoW has almost halved in numbers since its peak
    And still has several times the number of any other MMO .. Trion would LOVE to have WOW's numbers, as would Turbine, Anet, etc. etc. etc.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Attachment 15941

Your move, Trion....
    That's old stuff. It was made after some one made a troll trademark registration for 'The dark below'.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    And still has several times the number of any other MMO .. Trion would LOVE to have WOW's numbers, as would Turbine, Anet, etc. etc. etc.
    But the funny thing is very few WoW players know what Rift is and those that do are surprised that Rift still exists. A failure of their marketing indeed.

The biggest threat to WoW is time itself. They are currently celebrating 9 years and that's a fantastic achievement for any game never mind an MMO. Instead of firing developers they are hiring more. It would seem from the recent investor calls that the drop in subscribers is plateauing; the most recent sub loss is 100,000, a mere 1.3% and before that it was 1.3 million and retaining 7.6 MILLION players. They plan to release and expansion every year rather than the current 18months to 2 years. World of Warcraft will be around for many years to come, long after most MMOs now have disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajhal View Post
    Lets hope Blizzard can maintain a sub based game cus if it ever went F2P properly there just wouldn't be the server capacity to deal with the influx and games like Rift would be lost in the dust.
    Apparently Blizzard's next MMO (Titan) won't be a subscription game... luckily for Trion and all the other SHs it won't be released before 2016 (the project has been delayed, that's probably why they made this new WoW expansion).
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    Apparently Blizzard's next MMO (Titan) won't be a subscription game... luckily for Trion and all the other SHs it won't be released before 2016 (the project has been delayed, that's probably why they made this new WoW expansion).
    LOL, no, Titan's delay has nothing to do with the arrival of the next WOW expansion, Titan was entirely separate from WOW, whose developer numbers are also something Trion can only dream about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maul STK View Post
    Your first sentence set the tone for the post. Clueless. Titan has been sent back to the drawing board months ago. A lot of their developers joined the WoW team. There is no way Titan will come out soon and personally I think that Titan will never see the light of day. When it was said that Titan wouldn't be subscription that was when every game was going free to play and bringing in lots of cash. Fast forward to the present and the free to pay bubble has burst. All the serious MMOs being released now are subscription or will be. The next big hype, Wildstar will be subscription and Final Fantasy XIV has been released and is subscription.

Since you mentioned Trion I'll share a though about Rift free to play I had recently. Recall that when free to play was announced, it was announced that you wont need to sub, now called a patron subscription to play Rift and most of the income would be from the cash shop. Now recent events have given me a chill. My guess is that the cash shop model isn't doing as well as they expected. Trion is pushing sub deals on us more than they should for a free to play game and recently we've been having patron special snowflake days to entice people to sub not to forget the extra perk for patrons. Do Trion now regret the free to play conversion, is it not working how they expected?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    LOL, no, Titan's delay has nothing to do with the arrival of the next WOW expansion, Titan was entirely separate from WOW, whose developer numbers are also something Trion can only dream about.
    Maybe i didn't express myself clearly... i didn't mean that Titan was delayed because of WoW, but the opposite: WoW has been rehashed because of Titan's delay.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=806168&dateline=13715  70211

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast