+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Silas of Arah
  • 1 Post By exanimo
  • 1 Post By Ronaldspiers

Thread: My Very Important Question

Default My Very Important Question

Ok, here is the setup, if you have a room that is "escape proofed" for the sake of argument, with a Zerg and a Borg inside of it. There is no question that sooner or later you would end up with two half Zerg/Borgs or maybe Borglings? Both creatures assimilated. So the question is this; Which creature actually won the battle? Did the Borg infect the Zerg and win? Did the Zerg's genetic code consume the biomass of the Borg?

This and other questions have me laying awake at nights... staring at the ceiling... pondering about them. My degree is in genetics so you know this is sort of "work related"...

Oh, also I have been enjoying the game immensely, spending more money on it, haven't had any technical issues for a while now, and doing great!

Thanks,

Simon Tomoko

Soulwalker

argument above... for a Zerg and Borg high beyond the two. one must explain the configuration? two similar biological? Animals fact in war of attrition the creature what wins?

answer both

Example, man eats lion - man becomes lion, lion eats a man - lion becomes man.

I don't know. I think you side stepped the question pal. Both can't win they are hive minds. Which hive would they report back to for instructions?

I think it would simply be a matter of whose implements of assimilation took hold first. So, the best you could do is run multiple tests using several sets of rooms and subjects and take the average win/loss from that. Otherwise it's a bit like flipping a coin.

Of course, to be properly considered we must delve into the specifics of each being's assimilation techniques as well as any safeguards they may have against such techniques being used against them, i.e. their immune system. Post that data, and the real conversation can begin.
    RIFT in peace.

Maybe they don't assimilate each other at all. Maybe they play eye-spy instead and become best of buddies

Quote Originally Posted by exanimo View Post
    I think it would simply be a matter of whose implements of assimilation took hold first. So, the best you could do is run multiple tests using several sets of rooms and subjects and take the average win/loss from that. Otherwise it's a bit like flipping a coin.

Of course, to be properly considered we must delve into the specifics of each being's assimilation techniques as well as any safeguards they may have against such techniques being used against them, i.e. their immune system. Post that data, and the real conversation can begin.
    Ok I liked this idea so much, I am running it by my fellow nerds in the IT department. One of them makes games and works with statistics. He and I have debates on the Star Trek vs Star Wars sciences all the time.

Borg units can function autonomously given their programming allowed them to do so. AKA, note the Borg scout units that often ventured far and wide ahead of the collective Cubes and Spheres (ST: Voyager). Therefore, it depends wholly on the following as to how you would answer your question:

1) Is it a Borg drone? If so, what was its function. Was it a maintenance drone or a heavy assault drone? One fixes things, the other has a giant gun for an arm and a complex targeting system welded into its brain.

2) Is the Zerg a zergling? If its a zergling, basic SC and SC2 interactions with them state that a simple terran marine can kill 2 zerglings by himself without upgrades. A borg (in this case) is likely an upgraded humanoid and therefore would easily dispatch a common zergling without effort.

3) If neither the Zerg nor the Borg had received instructions on what to do... being hive minded creatures they would likely not interact. The Borg would go into power saving mode and power down... leaving only basic essential functions online as it awaited instructions. The Zerg would likely enter into a self defense posture... in this case cowering into a corner while awaiting reinforcements because it could not burrow and... without numbers a zergling is nothing. Therefore, its survivability instincts would dictate that it should remain far away and not endanger itself.

So, you'd just end up in a really boring Mexican standoff.

Hope this helps.

+ Reply to Thread