+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: anyone planning on getting ESO?

Default anyone planning on getting ESO?

Really enjoy playing ElderScroll Series, but wasnt sure how MMO along with other players get into this. Much as i like playing on Rift on pvp server, not sure how pvp will play out in ESO.

Looking forward to get it, only problems is that most ppls i spoken to wont due to monthly fees. If you got a good pc playing Skyrim on ultra settings, this will look good too.

I'm going to get Everquest Next instead. Building your own home and shaping the land looks really fun.

I want to get a Founders Pack as soon as I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iORkj7aYJjQ

Quote Originally Posted by Dangerine View Post
    I'm going to get Everquest Next instead. Building your own home and shaping the land looks really fun.

I want to get a Founders Pack as soon as I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iORkj7aYJjQ
    Ewwwwwwwww...SOE...ewwwwwwwwwwwww

EQN doesnt look too bad, but still cartoonish. The expression on their faces is cute. I prob get both of them lol.

At first I also had major reservations about an Elder Scroll's MMO, but since it's developed by a 3rd party (with very close cooperation with the TES team, to stay true to the Lore), I am more and more warming up to the idea.

I was afraid that Bethesda would devote all their time to the MMO and so stop developing new TES titles. And I also thought that an MMO couldn't possible delve deep into the Lore or bring us the same quality as the single player games. I was fiercely protective of my all time favorite games (and maybe didn't want to share them with others LOL).

However, the more I see and the more they assure us that the play style is just like a TES game, the more I'm eager to see all parts of Tamriel. I already know that my first character will be a Breton, meaning my character will be part of the Daggerfall Covenant. I can't WAIT to finally visit High Rock! Bretons have always been my favorite characters.

I haven't kept up with ESO much because I figured it would have a monthly sub which I can not really do right now and looking like I won't be able to by then either. However about person above a couple post I say this. You are entitled to your opinion but personally I love SOE I love Trions games more (though I have not played there other title yet) But I do enjoy SOE's games as well...... then again I sometimes play and enjoy games that most people wouldn't touch with a 100 ft poll or longer.

In my honest opinion, TES games to me are to stay single player experiences. MMOs, like regular games, have to live up to a giant amount of hype.

That said, while I won't be jumping on the bandwagon first thing, if it proves genuinely good, maybe I'll try it. Maybe.

Currently, I'm not even considering touching ESO, but I think I would be able to be convinced to at least try it... but it would take someone really passionate with an extremely strong argument.

Quote Originally Posted by LrdRahvin View Post
    Ewwwwwwwww...SOE...ewwwwwwwwwwwww
    And this is why I won't be touching EQNext. It looks beautiful, and sounds like it would be a lot of fun to play casually, but knowing SmedbucksOE, it would probably be an awful experience through no fault of the actual game.
    Last edited by Kriptini; 11-14-2013 at 11:42 PM.

After viewing some videos on youtube, look pretty good, esp for those who have mid/high end pcs.

Some says they didnt like the combat systems and other issues. Wasnt sure how pvp will work out, or how balance it will be. We all know that once the game is release it will have bugs and balance the system out between classes. Happen all the times.

Default mud crabs can be dangerous

I like ES series my favorite is oblivion, and I always play argonian the race hated the most by the NPC in game. I will wait a while before getting the mmo of elder scrolls to see how it fares to the first, and maybe second, wave of players who will judge it first and list it poor qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by Toonskull View Post
    I like ES series my favorite is oblivion, and I always play argonian the race hated the most by the NPC in game. I will wait a while before getting the mmo of elder scrolls to see how it fares to the first, and maybe second, wave of players who will judge it first and list it poor qualities.
    Might be awhile before they release free trial, usually buying the game comes in with 30 days playtime.

I'll poke around a bit with ESO because my brother wants to play it, and a game we both want to play doesn't come around often. That and I loved the Elder Scrolls series ever since I got Battlespire for my birthday years ago; I had entirely too much fun maxing out Jumping and talking to the various daedra.

I'll also play EQN, probably, just because I'm curious to know if as an Evil character I can slaughter goblins in a forest to incite them to attack a nearby Good town, or if they'll go the lame route and attack Evil towns on the other side of the world instead. If so, Smedbucks can haz moniez. If not, it's not like I enjoyed the EQ series much anyway.
    If you're too old to play with Legos, you still have some growing up to do.

<<< Does not and will not play WoW 2: Skyrim

EQ: Next? Hells to the yes!
    Last edited by Laeris; 11-15-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehrgontra View Post
    I'll poke around a bit with ESO because my brother wants to play it, and a game we both want to play doesn't come around often. That and I loved the Elder Scrolls series ever since I got Battlespire for my birthday years ago; I had entirely too much fun maxing out Jumping and talking to the various daedra.

I'll also play EQN, probably, just because I'm curious to know if as an Evil character I can slaughter goblins in a forest to incite them to attack a nearby Good town, or if they'll go the lame route and attack Evil towns on the other side of the world instead. If so, Smedbucks can haz moniez. If not, it's not like I enjoyed the EQ series much anyway.
    I always thought of it more as borderlands survival. A rampaging horde of goblins isn't going to care if you're inclined to wearing black and red or blue and gold. You fight them or deal with them to SURVIVE as a community. Maybe they'll think you're too much trouble and go attack the good guys... but chances are, if one guy is beating them up you'll just piss them off and they'll send an army to attack where you live to see how it goes.

Even if someone were to try to bribe me with 10k free SC they STILL couldn't convince me to pick up another game managed by Sony

*/twiddling thumbs* for TESO
    Last edited by Stahker; 11-15-2013 at 11:49 PM.
    It's better to be judged by twelve,
    than be carried by six...
    "X" thinks, I AM that "X".
    I THINK. Therefore, I Am.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast