+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any cigar smokers out there?

Default Any cigar smokers out there?

Been smoking for 6 months or so and have been loving every minute of it? Am I alone?

I'll have an occasional cigar - maybe 3-4 a year - maybe more maybe less - depends on the mood and what's going on. If i'm going to smoke it has to be for a bit doing it - and since the girlfriend has asthma - i don't smoke it all that often. I like to have a nice bourbon or scotch while i'm smoking - and it's usually after an event - such as a great meal or a nice get together or something.
    Veteran MMORPG Player for 10 years. Played almost all of them at one point. Played variety of races and classes and am good at most of them also.

20-30 Cigars every Day :/

I love smoke...

http://www.habanos.com/default.aspx

Romeo y Julieta

the series "b" #5 was awesome for the $6-7 usd per cigar.
    Last edited by 13moons; 10-07-2010 at 09:38 AM.

Sorry to rain on your parade, but it just amazes me that people continue to smoke knowing all the damage it does to your lungs.

In my family, the generation that came before me - parents, aunts, and uncles - all of the smokers are dead due to tobacco related cancer (mother, 3 aunts, 3 uncles) while all of the non-smokers are still alive (father, uncle, 3 aunts).

After losing my mother at age 63, I have become avidly anti-tobacco.

Rift Master

i think he is speaking about Cigars - and not cigaretts.
    Cigars you only whiff - no deep drags

And yes iam also one of this "3-4" good Cigars a year - usally with a good single malt and mostly after something special happend. At the moment i have a few Montecrisot Nr:2 at home http://www.cigars-review.org/Montecr...risto-No-2.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Timrum View Post
    i think he is speaking about Cigars - and not cigaretts.
    Cigars you only whiff - no deep drags

And yes iam also one of this "3-4" good Cigars a year - usally with a good single malt and mostly after something special happend. At the moment i have a few Montecrisot Nr:2 at home http://www.cigars-review.org/Montecr...risto-No-2.htm
    One of my uncles only smoked cigars. He died of throat cancer at age 62. After having half of his lower jaw removed, he lived for about a year on a liquid/soft food diet. He was also unable to speak during that last year.

Even after seeing what his father went through, one of my cousins is still a heavy smoker (cigarettes).

Your "3-4 good cigars a year" probably won't hurt you.

You could get a vaporizer, the Vapor Genie is great, but you still need to buy stock in butane refills.
    But atleast your gettting oils and not the carbon when vaporizing.
    Last edited by Sals; 10-07-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: spell
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

Phillies Blunt Cigars..
    That is all I will say at this point.

As a social smoker - generally only smoke when I go out for drinks, but not otherwise - I never cared for seegars, taste or smell. A good pipe with some good tobacco is another story. I think I may take it up at some point.

And as for the anti-tobaccinists, when your number is up its up. My grandmother smoked a pack a day and died in her sleep at 95. I had a health-nut uncle who dropped dead at 40 while out for a run. Go figure. I'd be far more worried about the pollutants that cars/trucks/factories pump into the air and water than tobacco any day of the week. Saying nothing of all the crap - preservatives, excess sodium, etc. - that goes into virtually everything you eat. Like the Egyptians used to say, 'Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow we all may die.'
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

+ Reply to Thread