+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gaming Laptop Suggestions

Rift Disciple

Default Gaming Laptop Suggestions

I will be buying a new laptop in the near future (6-9 months) and am looking for gaming-friendly suggestions.

I noticed Gateway has some 17" laptops with pretty good specs - anyone have any real life experience with them? (P-7908 line)

Budget - trying to stay at or below 1000.00. Appreciate any suggestions or help.

Plane Touched

The gateways that I think you're talking about are pretty good. If you can find another 200 bucks, check this one out:

Asus - Laptop / Intel® Core™ i7 Processor / 17.3" Display / 6GB Memory / 640GB Hard Drive - Black

Model: G73JH-BST7 | SKU: 1257894

It's 1200 at bestbuy.

Shadowlander

If your feeling like getting away from "mainstream" I'd also check out ibuypower.com they have pretty good deals on laptops with great parts in them at a low price

I would do an ASUS personally.

The Dell, Alienware line is also nice... but you will pay more for lesser parts.

Shadowlander

ummm dude in 6-9 months the technology now will actually be outdated (im being serious) i kno it sounds to fast but its true
    so id wait till then to look for what u want

Quote Originally Posted by Onikage View Post
    ummm dude in 6-9 months the technology now will actually be outdated (im being serious) i kno it sounds to fast but its true
    so id wait till then to look for what u want
    The current technology will always be outdated within 9 moths. In your logic the best time to buy a laptop is never.
    It is an ironic habit of human beings to run faster when we have lost our way.
    -Me? I am Someone, Somebody. Anybody. Anyone.

If you do a lot of reading on notebookreview.com, you will see a lot of people reccomending sager notebooks. http://www.sagernotebook.com/.

I bought one from sager about 2 years ago and i absolutely love it.

Realistically though if you can up your budget 300-400 dollars you're going to get something that will be a lot better all around.

If you can stretch up, this would be the one to get:

http://www.sagernotebook.com/index.p...el_name=NP8760

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Skythe View Post
    The current technology will always be outdated within 9 moths. In your logic the best time to buy a laptop is never.
    it really is never a good time cause what u buy will be out dated with the next year but thats ok cause the technology of laptops and computers far surpasses what u need to do normal things like gaming and what not. for instance this game has amazing graphics and only requires a min of 2gs of ram

my computer has 8 gigs , i kno of computers that 16gs and even 32gs(this is a super computer though lol really fun to play with rofl)

so dont worry it will last u years to come but its nothing computer to what will come out next

+ Reply to Thread