+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swtor beta

Default deleted

deleted for your own protection
    Last edited by Desdain; 10-29-2010 at 06:12 AM.

If they did they still can't tell you, it would be violating terms and they might get uninvited. So asking won't get you nowhere, most games don't like it when you tell others your in beta and some don't mind as long as you don't tell whats going on in beta.
    So you might and might not get an answer to this question.

Deleted again
    Last edited by Desdain; 10-29-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Nope, and from the look of what I've seen untill now I could care less. SWTOR looks like EPIC fail to me. I don't even know if I'm going to bother with the beta or even free trial later on, I'm just so underwhelmed with that game.
    "Midget soothsayer robs bank. Small medium at large!"

Deleted here too
    Last edited by Desdain; 10-29-2010 at 06:11 AM.

Thumbs up

SWTOR looks good to me despite the fear mongering and jumping the gun I've seen from alot of people.

Honestly, I don't know anyone who is in beta. I've actually tried to keep away a bit. Not because I don't think I'll enjoy it but because I'm tired of the fear mongers.

I think we should just take the warning labels off of everything and let evolution do it's work. Weed out the stupid people.

I signed up when they first took apps, what like a year ago now? *boggle* I haven't heard anything about a beta taking place, particularly an odd one that is only open for a single weekend and nothing more.

Personally I don't know if I will really care, as I haven't been following the game since the first gameplay videos were released. It doesn't at all have a Star Wars pace like I thought it would. It's got this awkward puppet-like hyperspeed movement thing going on that just doesn't at all appeal to me. I was expecting pacing and animation closer to a blend of Dragon Age and Mass Effect, but since it seems nowhere close I don't think I'll be interested in giving SWTOR a serious look.
    **Canceled Oct '11, cannot reply on forums. Contact me through my site.**
    rabb1t.com - pc gaming hardware tech talk for everyone / rabb1t's ramblings podcast
    rabb1t's Gamer Day 2010 After Party videos
    joo can has Rift iPhone 4 and Droid wallpapers

The only biggie that was on my mind when I first considered trying Swtor game was when the dev in this past E3 could not convince me in the interview that in pvp me playing as a smuggler or trooper will not get ***** by a sith/jedi. I look forward toward release if these fears are not true but when you see a video of a sith reflecting bolts back to a player I do have doubts.
    Also check out Trion's MMORTS game here.

I want Rift to be released in 2012 Q3.

I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed by TOR, I am not saying it will be a bad game I don't think Bioware can make a bad game personally. But I do have a feeling people are expecting this great big sand box SWG replacement, and from what I know about the game it is going to be something entirely different, I can't help but picture something fairly close to Dragons Age or Mass Effect with your party members replaced by actual players with full voice acting, and a choose your path story line based on alignment thrown in with some other MMO elements and while engaging and entertaining nevertheless, I just don't think it is what a majority of players interested in the game will be expecting. I could be totally wrong, maybe this is exactly what the players are hoping for, I'm just speaking from my own point of view. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by VuDu View Post
    I think a lot of people are going to be disappointed by TOR, I am not saying it will be a bad game I don't think Bioware can make a bad game personally. But I do have a feeling people are expecting this great big sand box SWG replacement, and from what I know about the game it is going to be something entirely different,
    I think this hits the point very well. I think SWTOR is going to be a fairly good game, but expectations are raised way too high. Especially the old SWG crowd will not see a revival of their old game (and it was a very good one until it was NGE'ed). We will have to wait and see, and I admit I am interested in an open beta. Not in a closed beta, though, as I would not wan't to put a lot of my time into that one.
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Even though SWTOR does NOT impress me ... I have been trying to sign up ... but it's having issues with sending me a verification email. I keep trying though.

+ Reply to Thread