+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: "Carcass" One of Archeage's end game's raid regions

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Requiemstorm View Post
    Carcass is a PVE area sorta like what Ember Isle used to be or like a Plain of Sky end game region in EQ. .

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    ArcheAge is not a PvE game. The idea is that the other faction will be trying to kill you as you're trying to kill the dragon.

Yeah! Not a PvE game. Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious!

So wait, if Carcass is a "PvE area", how can "other factions be trying to kill you as you're trying to kill the dragon"
    Last edited by HomeAwayFromHome; 08-12-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HomeAwayFromHome View Post

So wait, if Carcass is a "PvE area", how can "other factions be trying to kill you as you're trying to kill the dragon"
    Because ArcheAge has open world PvP and I don't believe that Carcass is a safe zone. The dragon drops great loot... if someone has it up, you're gonna wanna make sure that your guild gets the kill.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    It's gonna suck when you can't find 10 tanks and 100++ players to kill a boss
    Tanking is likely a relative term. Its probably more like "tanks" in DAOC. There was no toughness, it was just who could absorb the most damage. and a matter of taunting off an careful agro management. My main in DAOC was a armsman and I was both our alliance (4 guilds) raid leader and tank. So I sorta know what Requiem is describing. A lot of people can't quite grasp it cause they have no frame of reference. No game is really doing this anymore.

Carcass is more like Darkness Falls in DAOC. At least the lower half of Darkess Falls where you needed 50+ players to kill anything. And yes players can wipe you when you are killing the boss. It will happen often. But you can do the same to the other guys.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-13-2013 at 12:41 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Soulwalker

id have to say No. after playing this game for a bit, I don't think it will do well in the west countries. it's really lack of organization or direction. a lot of activities are fun but overall it's not the kind of game I think i'd stick with.

I liked final fantasy much better so I preordered that for %25 off instead. this seems like a good game for Chinese or Korean players but not too many people here will like it and end up being sorry they paid

This game looks fun, but why do the characters look so anime-ish?
    also their app needs to be for android.
    I came for the raids, ended up spending all of my time (and plat) on Dimensions
    Psy 60MageFaeblight
    Mage Class Lead
    <The Remorseless>
    "Hodor."-Hodor

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2