+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Trion I hope you got lawyers! OMFG another gamer blaming the game for his loser life!

Default Trion I hope you got lawyers! OMFG another gamer blaming the game for his loser life!

Will this craziness ever end?!

http://lawsuitstudy.blogspot.com/201...n-lineage.html

It is actually going to trial which is the saddest part about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordox View Post
    Will this craziness ever end?!

http://lawsuitstudy.blogspot.com/201...n-lineage.html

It is actually going to trial which is the saddest part about it.
    All they have to do is put a little warning somewhere in the help,tips or even on the box. Something along the lines of Warning, Long hours of play may be bad for your health and/or social/working life.

Some things should just be common sense. I mean do we put "no jumping" signs on top of buildings? Society in America has just gotten infrknsane!

Quote from article:

"Smallwood claims to have played Lineage II for 20,000 hours between 2004 and 2009."

OK a little maths here... if we assume he started and finished on the same day each year (fair enough assumption IMO) then that is 2,192 days. Dividing 20,000 hours into that gives 9.12 hours per day.

Sounds like a casual to me... what was he doing the other 15 hours per day?
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Quote from article:

"Smallwood claims to have played Lineage II for 20,000 hours between 2004 and 2009."

OK a little maths here... if we assume he started and finished on the same day each year (fair enough assumption IMO) then that is 2,192 days. Dividing 20,000 hours into that gives 9.12 hours per day.

Sounds like a casual to me... what was he doing the other 15 hours per day?
    Probably Farmville! The freakn Noob!

stupid that its going to trial, maybe they can countersue him, really stupid, really I mean hell take responisibility for your own damn actions.

Ok, two things.

A: If the claims this guy makes are true, then this is why we should allow Natural Selection to take it's course.

B: The most likely is that this guy, according to Linolea's math, couldn't have held a job... Thus he needs money to continue playing more games... Thus he sues for easy money.

Quote Originally Posted by armengar View Post
    stupid that its going to trial, maybe they can countersue him, really stupid, really I mean hell take responisibility for your own damn actions.
    Well, that's the problem with today's society, and its growing larger and larger... Can't use red ink to make corrections on homework because it might hurt someone's feelings, can't keep score anymore when playing sports because again, it might hurt someone's feelings, we have to give trophies to everyone to avoid hurting peoples' feelings, because, it's not their fault they SUCK at something. It's not someone's fault if they go on a rampage and kill their grandparents because they were on medicine that has shown no violent side effects...ever... Society is turning itself into Care-A-Lot...
    Last edited by Ahrakis; 09-25-2010 at 02:03 PM.

old news, but still funny
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

old news is old and shows the typical american

Quote Originally Posted by Vordox View Post
    Some things should just be common sense. I mean do we put "no jumping" signs on top of buildings? Society in America has just gotten infrknsane!
    Please, don't take this as Anti-Americanism now, it is in no way meant to be! But do you remember the case where an old woman dried her doggie in a microwave? She also sued the micorwave company and won the case. Things like that just happen with a law obsessed system where common sense is ruled out. In Europe all this woman would have won at a court of law was a penalty for cruelty to animals! Things like the case mentioned by OP should not even be accepted by a court of law.
    ELDER of TELARA

Proud member of NEMESIS

Oh, the stupidity stuns me. Everyone might as well start sue-ing alcohol companies, cigarette companies, and the people who invented drugs.
    How do they even come to that conclusion, it's always someone else's fault. I'm pretty sure the head of whatever alcohol company didn't force alcohol down throats

Quote Originally Posted by g0kuenuan View Post
    old news, but still funny
    Not that old only a lil over a month. Was new to me.

Eh, I think that if he was playing 9 hours a day, and working 8, then he could hold down a job. But I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about getting money to continue gaming. The question would be, if he wins, will he stop playing?

And like Meson says, all they have to do is put messages somewhere that tell people not to play all the time. They could even have a little pop-up that appears (it would need to be unobtrusive, and/or possibly not occur during combat) that encourages players to take a break when they've been playing for extended periods of time.

They could even put something in the ToS that says something to the effect of: "By accepting the ToS, you are agreeing that Trion is not liable if you lack the self-control to play and maintain a life outside of the game."

I never knew Lineage II was successful inventionan. It's all so clear to me now.
    <a href=http://www.trinityguild.org target=_blank>http://www.trinityguild.org/images/signatures/rift/sig_final.png</a>
    I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. I donít know.
    Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I donít want to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracarn View Post
    Please, don't take this as Anti-Americanism now, it is in no way meant to be! But do you remember the case where an old woman dried her doggie in a microwave? She also sued the micorwave company and won the case. Things like that just happen with a law obsessed system where common sense is ruled out. In Europe all this woman would have won at a court of law was a penalty for cruelty to animals! Things like the case mentioned by OP should not even be accepted by a court of law.
    No, there was no need to even add the "Please, don't take this as Anti-Americanism now, it is in no way meant to be!" sentence, you say it like it is, if people take offense to it, that is their problem for being overly emotional...

That said, you are right Caracarn... But thankfully, it would appear that we are on the road to bringing those values we used to have back to America, so there is always hope. <-Not Political...It's a social issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Europe View Post
    I never knew Lineage was a successful inventionan. It's all so clear to me now.
    The Typo Fairies were all over that report...

Quote Originally Posted by Pazu View Post
    Eh, I think that if he was playing 9 hours a day, and working 8, then he could hold down a job. But I wouldn't be surprised if you're right about getting money to continue gaming. The question would be, if he wins, will he stop playing?

And like Meson says, all they have to do is put messages somewhere that tell people not to play all the time. They could even have a little pop-up that appears (it would need to be unobtrusive, and/or possibly not occur during combat) that encourages players to take a break when they've been playing for extended periods of time.

They could even put something in the ToS that says something to the effect of: "By accepting the ToS, you are agreeing that Trion is not liable if you lack the self-control to play and maintain a life outside of the game."
    I would have the ToS be a little more cruel than that...
    Last edited by Ahrakis; 09-25-2010 at 02:09 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast