Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: dev rage?

Default dev rage?

anyone have any links to any forums where a dev has lashed out at players? have googled it but no luck there must be some devs that have lost it lol
    "My cat's breath smell's like Cat food"
    - Ralph Wiggum

This isn't Bioware.

I don't know about links but I remember one of the developers posted some short tempered comments on the official WarZ forums.

The thread and post were promptly deleted lol. I also think one of the devs(or possible GM) called people ******s in game.

Bunch o'clowns.

Ascendant

If you're talking about Rift, to my knowledge, no dev or community leader has ever lashed out against the players. I'm sure had it happened, those people would have been immediately terminated. I've heard stories of a CM on WoW having exploded many years ago, and on Tera as well. Most devs and CMs realize that their players are passionate, stupid, and and prone to groupthink, so they've developed thick skins.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Caydin View Post
    If you're talking about Rift, to my knowledge, no dev or community leader has ever lashed out against the players. I'm sure had it happened, those people would have been immediately terminated. I've heard stories of a CM on WoW having exploded many years ago, and on Tera as well. Most devs and CMs realize that their players are passionate, stupid, and and prone to groupthink, so they've developed thick skins.
    To be entirely fair, there are some people who do need to be told off and deserve every bit of it. I do think that the staff should be able to handle immature behavior in a professional manner on a regular basis, but there are special cases where people go too far with their acting out.

Unfortunately, no matter how immature, rude, or snobbish a player may be, giving them what they essentially deserve isn't good for business.

Honestly if they did lash out at people I would probably like them even more than I already do. It would give me a nice laugh and a virtual high five would go to Trion!
    (Mage)Xevayne@Wolfsbane - (Warrior)Xaveyne@Wolfsbane - Intel Core i7 7700k CPU - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory - EVGA GTX 1070 SSC - Corsair HX1000 PSU - Corsair 750D Case - Leader of Lethargic Gaming Team/Guild - Like Our Page http://www.facebook.com/lethargicgaming

Meh, people get too easily butthurt these days when it comes to stuff like this. They think they can sit there and troll and act out all day, but when someone comes and tells them to sit down they run away crying *shrug*

I work in service myself and ohhhh boy, do people missunderstand what service is. A qlue: I am not your personal servant or slave. It does not say in my contract that I have to be polite to you when you verbaly abuse me. Thanks.

Dags are known for being a bit of a cannon, amazing he's been able to keep his calm through all of this

"Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages." - Terry Pratchett

#1 rule in customer service: The customer is always right. When said customer becomes rude obnocious inconsiderate or just plan A**holes they are no longer customers and are hindering operation of said business and should be directed to Helen Wait where their written complaint will be noted and appropriate action will be taken. Thank You for shopping with "Take your Rude @zz to take a Flying Flock and hope ewe have a nice day.
    Have at me. I can take anything you can give. Real men tank.

There's probably a few on the Steam forums where indie devs interact with customers.

I haven't seen any straight-up lose it but there have been a couple (not naming names) that have been pretty immature.
    Akhet <Tabula Rasa> - Rogue
    World First Green Swirly Thing

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    Meh, people get too easily butthurt these days when it comes to stuff like this. They think they can sit there and troll and act out all day, but when someone comes and tells them to sit down they run away crying *shrug*

I work in service myself and ohhhh boy, do people missunderstand what service is. A qlue: I am not your personal servant or slave. It does not say in my contract that I have to be polite to you when you verbaly abuse me. Thanks.

Dags are known for being a bit of a cannon, amazing he's been able to keep his calm through all of this

It may not say you don't have to be polite but its implied. There are proper steps taken for beligerent clients/customers. All of then requires decorum and politeness as many upper tier managers do not give a crap if the customer/client was rude first.

I know the few times I had to deal with clients in my current and former jobs, there was no way in hell I could be rude and it be justified. And this is coming from someone who can be terse and blunt.

On the phone I would have to place them on hold. And if in person, i would have to excuse myself and the coordinator or a supervisor. But I would not be able to be rude to them at all regardless of how much attitude they show me.

But dealing with accounts that can mount to the high 5 digit mark or dealing with benefactors and donators may be the reason for that.

Shadowlander

in recent Years the whole "the customer is allways right" has changed to "How in the name of 7 hells did you come up with the idea that Paper Mario was for the play-station? Please continue yelling at me while i thumb this little button by me absent mildly while I await my manager and security."

Yes that is Sort of an actuall thing that happened. I was at wall mart on fine evening, buying the new Pokemon Saphire. and the Clerk looks at me while putting in the purchase and says, "hey Paper Mario isnt for the playstation is it?" I said it is if you emulate it on there but other wise no.

he then told me the story about the boligerent Custumer demanding the clerk get the Paper Mario for Playstation out of the back.

Shadowlander

on topic, In recent years, or more recenter years the my last post. There was a short yet slightly Irrate Zarhyme Telling off some people regarding posts about not likeing people making topics about Veterans / Remembrance day.

Though he came off rather level headed surprisingly.

The customer is...
    http://notalwaysright.com

Never heard it happening yet! People would remember that kind of thing.

Aeralik, raging like a boss!

http://ohinternet.com/Aeralik

Wonder if he's still working on Rift ....
    Last edited by Charlice; 07-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast