+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Yay! My book just reached 5,000 copies sold

Default Yay! My book just reached 5,000 copies sold

Hey, I know, it's no big deal but for an independent author/publisher... I'm feeling good So here's my post of self praise.

in order to celebrate you should give me a free copy

looks rather interesting, i may contemplate purchasing
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Congrats!!

grats to you!

Wow, that's a ton! Highest sales among any of the people I know who aren't conventionally published is like a couple thousand, so 5k is a lot. Very impressive!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Congratulations!!! I hope I can do as well as you with my book. I am happy for you

Awesome job, congratulations!

how can you have a post of self praise without a shameless plug?

whats it called?

. i see it now in your sig

still, advertise without remorse
    Last edited by Pixel Monkey; 06-16-2013 at 08:27 PM.
    who took my names!

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Hey, I know, it's no big deal but for an independent author/publisher... I'm feeling good So here's my post of self praise.
    It's great... my only complaint... don't do a George RR Martin thing. I'm so looking forward to the next installment!

Yeah, I am in process of writing the 2nd one. Publishing is costly. The cover art for the one here cost me almost a thousand bucks (in-demand artists tend to fetch a premium). Then, you have to pay lawyers and copyright attorneys... get ISBN codes and all that nonsense done. Luckily, I'm a freelance copy editor so I do most of my pre-publish editing and I have a degree in multimedia design so I can do my own layouts and multi-platform formatting.

Still, all told I think I sunk close to $8,000 in getting it to market as-is. I've barely made that money back... so I'm no rich fool over here. I'm holding off on publishing a hardcover version until I get all three finished. Hopefully the economy will recover and getting a publishing deal will be easier... but if not, it's a lot easier to sell a trilogy when the trilogy is finished. That's why the price I have on Amazon is fairly cheap. Think of it as a pre-release. Hehe.

Congrats!

Someone said about your book that it features an amazing character development.
    And that is for me one of the reasons I have begun reading again (Game of Thrones made me :P)
    Since I'm almost done with that and out of ideas what to read, I may take yours into consideration

Huge congrats to you, huge accomplishment, I just might have to check out your book. Do you have it in anything besides e-book?
    (Mage)Xevayne@Wolfsbane - (Warrior)Xaveyne@Wolfsbane - Intel Core i7 7700k CPU - 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Memory - EVGA GTX 1070 SSC - Corsair HX1000 PSU - Corsair 750D Case - Leader of Lethargic Gaming Team/Guild - Like Our Page http://www.facebook.com/lethargicgaming

Congrats! I've always wanted to write a book, but I've never felt like anything I wrote was worth publishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaveyne View Post
    Huge congrats to you, huge accomplishment, I just might have to check out your book. Do you have it in anything besides e-book?
    Nah, It is only in Kindle format for the time being. I did put it through other formats in the European market for a while but I've since pulled those due to a contract issue with a couple of distributors there. So, for now, it's only available in Kindle format (which you can get an APP for free for any Windows OS or device from Amazon).

But ya, this first book in the series has a lot of backstory and it sets the tone for the rest of the series. There's some action in it... but an awful lot of scene setting and character placement. It has a very unique subject matter so I felt it was necessary to spend some extra time explaining the lore of the world. It has a lot to do with religious subject matter... but in a fairly irreverant form of delivery. I only dabble with the mythological aspects really (Angels, etc). So don't worry... there is no proselytizing or preaching. It's a pure fiction that more or less explores the creation of the world. The style is brutal and unapologetic... similar I think to maybe how R.E. Howard used to write.

Several authors like Tolkien followed the old Mayan mythological notion of a three world history. There was a first world that was destroyed that gave birth to the 2nd world, then again until our current third world. LotR was the story of Middle Earth, the 2nd age if you will. Mine is the story of the downfall of the first age in that same strain of lore.
    Last edited by Laeris; 06-17-2013 at 12:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast