+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Realm Reborn check-in

Default Realm Reborn check-in

It might be fun to coordinate with fellow Rift players who are planning to take part in ARR. Post up if you plan on playing and if so, are you a returning player from 1.0 or will you be fresh to 2.0?

Personally I played 1.0 for about 2 months and then said the hell with it. 2.0 is incredible in Beta and I can't wait for launch, there has been some really great info coming out of the devs and game director about the direction they want to take the game in and I for one plan to take full advantage lol
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Pre-ordering the physical CE June 3rd. Haven't played 1.0, but I've been in the beta for two-three months now. Impressive stuff. I still intend to play RIFT since it'll be F2P (and it would take a lot of butchering for Trion to turn me away from RIFT even if it was F2P), but I also intend to play ARR a bit. Since I'm a college student, I'll probably resort to RIFT when I have no idea if I'll be able to play games and switch to ARR when I have a month or so of free time - example, winter break. You might see me around on the beta forums - my name there is "Sheer"!

Also bringing some of my friends to RIFT since we're all poor college students looking to play a fun MMO. RIFT fits the bill!
    Last edited by Assassin0795; 05-27-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Getting it myself. Almost got 1.0 but the reviews were just horrid. Shouldve gotten it when the price dropped so I wouldve gotten 2.0 free now. Ah well, I like what theyve been doing so far with the game, and the communication theyve had with their customers/fans. Not to mention what Ive heard about them really working closely with the beta testers and their feedback. If for nothing else they deserve a good try just for the effort ... something I used to say about Trion back when Rift was new. Hopefully SE keeps it up.

As for Rift I uninstalled from my computer a few days after the f2p announcement. I unsubbed 2 days after my sub renewed but I just dont feel like even bothering anymore. If im going to play an f2p game itll be SWTOR, not that id ever actually pay EA another dime for it.

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

I have a Legacy account.. so i'll be playing of course.

The forest starting area in ARR is kinda meh and the combat system needs some work.
    But i still had fun.

Ascendant

Any general statements as to what raids are like? Good, bad, easy, hard etc.

I'm a huge raiding guy, and if the end game progression raiding is good, there is a better than decent chance i'll check it out.
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Reticularize View Post
    Any general statements as to what raids are like? Good, bad, easy, hard etc.

I'm a huge raiding guy, and if the end game progression raiding is good, there is a better than decent chance i'll check it out.
    1) There's an NDA in place, so nobody can really say.

2) It's still in its beta stage and they said they're tweaking things, so what it's like now may be different from what it's like at launch. I really couldn't give you a solid answer yet.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin0795 View Post
    1) There's an NDA in place, so nobody can really say.

2) It's still in its beta stage and they said they're tweaking things, so what it's like now may be different from what it's like at launch. I really couldn't give you a solid answer yet.
    NDA is dropped for phase 3 and media is allowed to post videos from the end of phase 2.

Also only a tiny bit of info has been released about raiding and pvp. but if i know SE the raiding aspect will be nice and hard (pre ffxi toau anyone?!)

Magnus Dragehjerte Masumune server, Legacy4lyfe
    Last edited by istrikeanywhere; 05-30-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by istrikeanywhere View Post
    NDA is dropped for phase 3 and media is allowed to post videos from the end of phase 2.

Also only a tiny bit of info has been released about raiding and pvp. but if i know SE the raiding aspect will be nice and hard (pre ffxi toau anyone?!)

Magnus Dragehjerte Masumune server, Legacy4lyfe
    Looking at the roadmap, that is incorrect - the NDA is partially lifted for phase 3. More of the NDA is being lifted on phase 4. Specifics as to what we can reveal as beta testers has not been disclosed yet, unless something changed between the live letter this morning and now.

+ Reply to Thread