Collectors Edition:
    PlayStation 3 (Package*) $79.99
    Windows (Package) $69.99
    Windows (Digital Download) $49.99

Standard Edition :
    Playstation 3 : $39.99
    PC Package and Digital $29.99
    *No details on PS3 Digital yet.*
    Last edited by Kayote; 05-23-2013 at 07:53 AM.

So far off?

Far off!? Im surprised its coming so soon. Theyve been delaying the beta tests and havent even tested everything yet. Next and final phase is in 2 weeks and its not even the entire game. I know its really a re-release but IIRC its a new updated engine and everything.

Theyre either underestimating how buggy modern MMOs can be or they are very confident with their programmers.

Box price with a sub? No, thanks.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Yeah, lol, dont want to do THAT one.......... again........ right? lol, im sure Rift will remain awesome for many years to come

Actually since you mentioned the sub, they have also released that info as well. They have an interesting option there I wasnt expecting. Not sure if its new though I vaguely remember something like it in XI.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

Standard (8 toons per server, 40 toon limit)
    6 Month Sub - $77.94 ($12.99/m)
    3 Month Sub - $41.97 ($13.99/m)
    1 Month Sub - $14.99 (..... really?)

Entry (1 toon per server, 8 toon limit)
    1 Month Sub - $12.99 ()

Interesting option. One ill definitely try to stick with this time around to cure my altoholism, lol. Might help that you can pretty much eventually train in every class with just one toon by changing weapons (or did that change?). Does seem a little expensive considering the limits (id say something $10 or less for that) but cheaper none the less and well worth it for those incredibly dedicated players who only ever play one toon.
    Last edited by Kayote; 05-23-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayote View Post
    Yeah, lol, dont want to do THAT one.......... again........ right? lol, im sure Rift will remain awesome for many years to come

Actually since you mentioned the sub, they have also released that info as well. They have an interesting option there I wasnt expecting. Not sure if its new though I vaguely remember something like it in XI.

Standard (8 toons per server, 40 toon limit)
    6 Month Sub - $77.94 ($12.99/m)
    3 Month Sub - $41.97 ($13.99/m)
    1 Month Sub - $14.99 (..... really?)

Entry (1 toon per server, 8 toon limit)
    1 Month Sub - $12.99 ()

Interesting option. One ill definitely try to stick with this time around to cure my altoholism, lol. Might help that you can pretty much eventually train in every class with just one toon by changing weapons (or did that change?). Does seem a little expensive considering the limits (id say something $10 or less for that) but cheaper none the less and well worth it for those incredibly dedicated players who only ever play one toon.
    I'm sure it would be worth it to whomever it brings value to, but FF14 ARR is not the kind of MMO I'm terribly excited about. I was willing to go as far as $50 for a box with a cash shop to play it. Again, there's that value thing. If someone has been looking forward to it for a while I'm sure they'll gladly pay the sub.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

I'm sure it would be worth it to whomever it brings value to, but FF14 ARR is not the kind of MMO I'm terribly excited about. I was willing to go as far as $50 for a box with a cash shop to play it. Again, there's that value thing. If someone has been looking forward to it for a while I'm sure they'll gladly pay the sub.
    Part of the main reasons im even getting the game is because theyre doing p2p and their adherence to it. SE has been dedicated to p2p despite the string of recent cop-outs by other developers. The director is doing a great job, IMO, with his philosophy behind the restructuring of the game, including the pricing model and their reasons behind it. Not to mention how they havent even caved in to f2p even with FFXI which is ancient and cant possibly have many subs by todays standards.

At worst, itll be like Rift, and last 2 years before they 'give up.'

You do realize the amount of man hours that went into this game right?

Stop worrying about "OMG RETAIL+SUB NOTY" by getting a job and not having momy and dady pay for everything. Honestly, since they ARE having an open beta, you can try the game before you even buy it..

Yes I like f2p and much as the next person, but i don't mind paying for a quality game. The mindset people have of wanting something for nothing is sickening.

What do you think we had to do back in the days of EQ1? and it took them almost 20 years to go f2p.

15 dollars a month is 50 cents a day. Grow up.

The people playing WoW don't seem to complain. And we all know what kind of 10 year olds they can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vallkry View Post
    15 dollars a month is 50 cents a day. Grow up.

The people playing WoW don't seem to complain. And we all know what kind of 10 year olds they can be.
    Thats why I dont get this whole "market" or the reasons they say for f2p. Seriously, I easily get the entertainment value of my $15 in 4-6 hours compared to pretty much any other form of entertainment out there. Whats this "pressure to play" thing I keep hearing regarding P2P games? Really? In an entire month you log in for less that 4 hours? I find it odd that in a market where game companies are successfully charging just as much for a few hours worth of DLC and subs for 10 different streaming services, people arent finding the value in unlimited play for just $15 a month (less than 2 hours pay even at minimum wage).

Its sad that theyd rather play a cash shop focused game whose immersive "fourth wall" is brought down to make way to cash shop ads. All for a measly $15 theyll probably end up spending anyway on items mailed straight to their mailbox, instead of playing for it.

To each their own I suppose. Im just glad there are still studios out there who show some pride in their games, as games to be played, not an interactive mall for your digital avatar. Despite all this F2P crap ... no one can explain WoW. The one MMO that defies the notion that gamers want f2p, the one at the top of the MMO food chain ... is p2p. Wtf?

Preordering I'm throwing money at SE just take it all
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    Preordering I'm throwing money at SE just take it all
    Haha, same here. Only reason I havent yet is because im deciding on wether or not I want the CE, lol.

BTW, anyone know if its possible to play both platforms with one purchase? The closest answer I got specifically mentioned those having version 1.0 from before needed to repurchase to play on PS3. Would be nice if we could use both clients.

Haha, same here. Only reason I havent yet is because im deciding on wether or not I want the CE, lol.

BTW, anyone know if its possible to play both platforms with one purchase? The closest answer I got specifically mentioned those having version 1.0 from before needed to repurchase to play on PS3. Would be nice if we could use both clients.
    That's a really good question. I have no idea though it would be really nice. Man this game has come such a long way
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

For the playing on your PS3 and PC with the same account -
    You need to purchase both clients (one for the PC and one for the PS3) to play on both platforms with the same account, but you only need to pay membership for one account.

Source:
    Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time.

Far off!? Im surprised its coming so soon. Theyve been delaying the beta tests and havent even tested everything yet. Next and final phase is in 2 weeks and its not even the entire game. I know its really a re-release but IIRC its a new updated engine and everything.

Theyre either underestimating how buggy modern MMOs can be or they are very confident with their programmers.
    Phase 3 will have the PS3 beta test online. I can't say much regarding their fixes, but I can assure you they've done a wonderful job.
    Last edited by Assassin0795; 05-26-2013 at 02:04 PM.

Lucky for me I bought the original CE 3 years ago so I get the new CE for free!!!!!!!!!!

I have full confidence in SE to have it ready when they say it's going to be ready. And it won't be buggy because buggy is just not something SE does. Damn japs...

FT 4/4(Conq) EE 5/5(Conq)ToDQ 4/4(Conq) HM 4/4 IDH 4/4 GA 4/4 IG 3/3 PB 1/5

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin0795 View Post
    For the playing on your PS3 and PC with the same account -
    You need to purchase both clients (one for the PC and one for the PS3) to play on both platforms with the same account, but you only need to pay membership for one account.
    Well that sucks. Looks like ill just be getting the regular version of the game then. Maybe ill get the PS3 version when the price drops or something. Hope they dont try to make players buy 2 expansions when the time comes, thats just b/s.

Phase 3 will have the PS3 beta test online. I can't say much regarding their fixes, but I can assure you they've done a wonderful job.
    Hope so, Im running out of MMO's to play. I just hope theyre not betting on it being the "next WoW" or anything. FF isnt as fail-proof and popular as it was back in the PSX days (thank you 12 and 13!). Then again, if FF11 isnt F2P by now 14 should be relatively safe.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast