+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Primalthirst

Thread: Wildstar

Default Wildstar

With RIFT going F2P wanted to toss this up. I dont have any current plans to leave RIFT but I am starting to look around just in case RIFT F2P doesn't suit me.

I wanted to ask why Wildstar is getting so much "play" on the web over other possibilities, in terms of upcoming MMO's. I am still hoping to get into beta but am curious as to what folks who are in beta or know more about the game think of the game...

Ive been a bit scared off by the fact that NCsoft is involved because... tbh... ive never had much luck with NCsoft connected games. Also, ive been able to find surprisingly little information about Wildstar beyond just the basics (classes, visuals, lore). No info on things like what the raiding or group play may be like and more.

So here i am, asking folks opinions, and for any links that might be helpful. Google search has surprisingly... failed me somewhat.

Closed beta testers are under strict NDA. They can't even tell you that they are in the beta.

First of all you should watch this video if you haven't already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_riSI7Ydg

After that, here is a link that should suit your needs...

http://www.wildscrape.com/

Tons of info to immerse yourself in, updated constantly.

(Note: That website scrolls really far to the right - just in case you don't notice it at first)
    Last edited by Zsokorad; 05-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.
    Deepwood | Aschana | H1325 | PA1427 | R94 | 20017 pts
    ~ Dedicated Chloromancer ~

Quote Originally Posted by Zsokorad View Post
    Closed beta testers are under strict NDA. They can't even tell you that they are in the beta.

First of all you should watch this video if you haven't already...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4_riSI7Ydg

After that, here is a link that should suit your needs...

http://www.wildscrape.com/

Tons of info to immerse yourself in, updated constantly.

(Note: That website scrolls really far to the right - just in case you don't notice it at first)
    Beta players can talk about being in beta. I have a couple of friends that were in the first weekend and told me they were very publicly and are invited for the second weekend.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

After NCSoft has suddenly pulled the plug without warning on both Tabula Rasa and City of Heroes, in the middle of development for new content, I'm done with their games.

NCsoft is the WORST company EVEEEER

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by No_Exit View Post
    With RIFT going F2P wanted to toss this up. I dont have any current plans to leave RIFT but I am starting to look around just in case RIFT F2P doesn't suit me.

I wanted to ask why Wildstar is getting so much "play" on the web over other possibilities, in terms of upcoming MMO's. I am still hoping to get into beta but am curious as to what folks who are in beta or know more about the game think of the game...

Ive been a bit scared off by the fact that NCsoft is involved because... tbh... ive never had much luck with NCsoft connected games. Also, ive been able to find surprisingly little information about Wildstar beyond just the basics (classes, visuals, lore). No info on things like what the raiding or group play may be like and more.

So here i am, asking folks opinions, and for any links that might be helpful. Google search has surprisingly... failed me somewhat.

http://www.wildstar-online.com/uk/ne...star_raids.php

Pretty much everything the devs are saying about the game is what you want to hear.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-02-2013 at 12:52 AM.

Us EU kids are already going. http://eugenic-guild.eu/guildinfo

It's getting noise because ESO and EQ Next aren't really making any noise yet, so Wildstar is the only show in town. Add in the fact that the devs are saying all the right things and actively engaging with the community and it isn't hard to see why hype is growing.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    It's getting noise because ESO and EQ Next aren't really making any noise yet, so Wildstar is the only show in town. Add in the fact that the devs are saying all the right things and actively engaging with the community and it isn't hard to see why hype is growing.
    ESO are making plenty of noise, it's just all bad noise.

Quote Originally Posted by Noge View Post
    ESO are making plenty of noise, it's just all bad noise.
    Touche sir!
    Nope.

I always think of this when i read a lot of these threads that have always appeared each time a new Messiah is born

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vQaVIoEjOM

I'm going to be honest and say I don't like what I've seen so far. Not that they want to have challenging content and that they're engaged with the community, but just... The game itself seems like a caricature of MMOs. I don't think it's a bad thing, and I'm curious to see how it turns out, but it really just doesn't appeal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    For the most part devs from most games say the right things to get you in. Once they got enough cash in their pockets they listen to the average joe's who play and not for the challenge but for the make it easy so I can have everything easy.. So Just like Rift and WoW.. wildstar will probably be a challenge the first year maby a year and half. but it will be the same as rift. they will give in listen to the average joe's cause there is more of them then there is competitive players who look for the biggest challenges... So either stay on rift and deal with the carebear things they have added or go to wildstar for a new challenge for the first year then move on to the next mmo..
    60 Cleric = folgersinmycup
    2964 wisdom , 6673 spellpower,
    227 crit power, 996 pa levels
    530 hit
    Healing greater Illuminated tidesource and Nefarious shadesource

WoW lost its fun after burning crusade. Then leading up to Wrath they removed every challenge in the game except for dungeons, and since cataclysm a 5 year old could play it blindfolded.
    Last edited by Inokis; 06-03-2013 at 10:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread