+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By intrinsc

Thread: Is ArcheAge still going to get released?

Default Is ArcheAge still going to get released?

I'm just wondering has anyone heard if Trion is still planning to bring out ArcheAge here in light of the article about massive layoffs hitting the company. I sure hope they are!
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

ArcheAge is a long way off yet, haven't heard anything about it for months.
    Nope.

Ascendant

It was the defiance team.

In a stream Elrar mentioned they will show something at E3 which is 18 days away or so?
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

elrar better be sending me a beta invite soon

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    I'm just wondering has anyone heard if Trion is still planning to bring out ArcheAge here in light of the article about massive layoffs hitting the company. I sure hope they are!
    Yes, a large part of the Defiance and maybe the EoN team got laid off, but it seems it was mostly, if not exclusively defiance. Trion is only in charge of the translation, sale, and server management of the game over here, which doesn't take a development team to run. So it's not going to cost them much, and im sure they get a good return for running it over here =)

Expect a beta this summer, and launch Q4 this year unless it gets pushed back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    As for folks calling me a carebear, I've got 99 problems and being a carebear ain't one son. I've done far more than my share of virtual murder over the years. I've been part of alliances that have so heavily destabilized server balance in games that the other sides ceased to log in due to being so massively dominated.

I'd put a launch of ArcheAge much closer to Rift's launch date in the spring just because with 2 gaming consoles launching this fall they don't want their game to get lost in all the noise.
    "I love being a father, but there are some things I miss: Silence, the absence of noise, one single moment undisturbed by the sounds of a childrens’ TV program called Doc McStuffins. There is no quiet anymore, there is only Doc McStuffins.
    — Ron Swanson, 2014

The launch date for ArcheAge NA is December 13th, I believe. They have it over at archeagesource.com.

No idea when/if the Beta will be, but there have been rumors about ArcheAge going to E3.

I was going to join an us server for archeage but i'm not sure if NA can handle me.

+ Reply to Thread