+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: What mmo is the Rift community going to move to?

Shadowlander

Default What mmo is the Rift community going to move to?

So a lot of Rift players like myself hate "free" to play games that's why we have been playing Rift.

So now that's its going "free" to play what game is the majority of you guys going to move to?

Are any of you going to go back to WoW?

Telaran

Sticking with Rift. It's infinitely better than WoW. Besides f2p could end up being great for the game, we'll have to wait and see. They definitely need to reward long term subscribers much better though.

What other subscription based mmo's are there?

bit of a toss up between alex kidd in miracle world and pong
    who took my names!

i feel sorry for people who hate f2p because there are a lot of good f2p games out there. subscriptions are dying off, get with the times.

Same here, i'll stay on Rift and see how the F2P model will be going.
    By the time I'm leaving if it's going bad ArcheAge will be out I hope

Ascendant

Hold up.
    So rather than simply experience the game when it is f2p, you're simply going to make a broad assumption and move on to another MMO?

Let us say nothing changed with RIFT..
    Same pace in content release; which is rapid; and same quality.
    You would still say its not worth playing even if it had the exact same benefits of p2p?

Seriously, people are way too quick to assume the worst.
    TERA benefited from going f2p and is a good example of a successful transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Overeem View Post
    Sticking with Rift. It's infinitely better than WoW. Besides f2p could end up being great for the game, we'll have to wait and see. They definitely need to reward long term subscribers much better though.

Unfortunately, I opted for the 1-year sub deal with SL, so I am stuck (for which I hope to see better bonuses). I was getting pretty bored with Rift, doing the same old grind day in and day out, with little to break up the monotony, but I was steering clear of F2P games. :/ I'd like to know, too, what sub based games are there besides WoW? I will not be playing WoW to be sure.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Since I still have an active WoW account - no, I'm not going "back". But since the beginning of MoP I only play casually.

I will definitely stay with RIFT. I love this game, f2p or not. And I will happily play my monthly sub. ;]

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Overeem View Post

Going free to play has never been good for any other game and Rift will be no different and in fact they have already said they will be selling gear in the cash shop that's even worse then SWTOR.

As for sub only mmos the ones I know of is.

World of Warcraft, EVE Online,Darkfall Unholy Wars,Final Fantasy XI and also FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be sub only when it comes out soon.

As for upcoming games. We have ESO,Wildstar and Archeage. But after what Trion has done to Rift I am not so sure about Archeage anymore.

And to think when I first heard Trion would be publishing Archeage I was so happy well not anymore..
    Last edited by Lorel; 05-14-2013 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorel View Post
    Going free to play has never been good for any other game and Rift will be no different and in fact they have already said they will be selling gear in the cash shop that's even worse then SWTOR.

As for sub only mmos the ones I know of is.

World of Warcraft, EVE Online,Darkfall Unholy Wars,Final Fantasy XI and also FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be sub only when it comes out soon.

As for upcoming games. We have ESO,Wildstar and Archage. But after what Trion has done to Rift I am not so sure about Archage anymore.

And to think when I first heard Trion would be publishing Archeage I was so happy well not anymore..
    do you have any facts that back up how f2p games fail? people say it a lot, but don't give any facts. and until we know the payment plan for those games, anything else is just a guess.

My guild and I are not going anywhere. There isn't any options out there right now that's any better. And if things go birds up then we've a structure that allows us to be nomads (all internet-like) for a while until the right game pops up.
    Last edited by Talila; 05-14-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Rift Disciple

Going to have to personally wait to see what its like and what the community once its out is like. I've got a strong feeling that artefacts will crash badly, crafting gear over the top and currently the patron rewards seem a little lack luster.

On the subject of another mmo to move to I think Rift was the last one that has tsken my interest. If I don't enjoy it then that's me off mmo's for good.

Maybe I'll be more productive in the long run.... less happy but defiantly more productive if it is what I'm expecting the game to turn out

I'll be staying in Rift with a 'wait-and-see-how-it-plays-out' approach.
    However, as I have been doing already, I'll be checking out other MMOs and put out feelers.
    I've got some B2P games where I just play very, very casually (like GW2 and Defiance) as well as F2P game (Neverwinter). They are all played on a casual basis; usually leaving once I've finished with current content then coming back when new content arrives.

However since Rift is turning F2P, depending on what the new tier of raiding is like I might turn it down a notch and play on a casual basis - going in and out of the game every time there's a new content patch, and perhaps make a new MMO like WildStar/ArcheAge/etc my new 'main' MMO.

I'm not expecting much from WildStar's class system (compared to Rift's) and I don't fancy trying to put up with 39 other people in a raid, but it so far sounds like an enjoyable game that I'd be willing to try out for the right price.

The other option is to just play everything on a casual basis and then start concentrating on single-player games that I've neglected over the years due to lack of time.

Y'all should go play Guild Wars 2!

It's had 6 content releases in 2013 already and has sold over 3 million copies!

It has no sub fee, and a very non-intrusive cash shop!

If you've never tried it, you really should. And if you tried it once, log back in, so many quality of life improvements and content additions since!

Take a look at the recent content releases (view all releases or click previous at the top): https://www.guildwars2.com/en-gb/the...s/may-14-2013/

If Rift somehow just outright bombs for me, I have several MMOs I've been playing casually to some degree, that I'd transfer attention to (though whether I spend money is another thing):

-Guild Wars 2
    -The Secret World
    -The Old Republic
    -World of Warcraft
    -Neverwinter
    -Path of Exile

I also have these installed:

-Lord of the Rings Online
    -TERA
    -Guild Wars (all expansions)
    -Age of Conan
    -DC Universe Online
    -FFXIV:ARR (once its up, but I've done a bit of beta)
    -Star Trek Online
    -Warframe

The more P2W/SubOrBust games (Neverwinter, SWTOR, etc) I'm just playing to experience the good parts of. I'll basically 'shop around', and stick with whatever my boyfriend also likes (so maybe Path of Exile or The Secret World).

Ideally? Trion figures out this F2P and I don't have to leave. There's a couple central concerns though, and I'm waiting for the answers on those (subscriber benefits, selling weapons, how real money REX affects game economy Plat...).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast