+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can my PC run Rift on Ultra?

Default Can my PC run Rift on Ultra?

Ive been wondering if my pc requires what is needed to run Rift in maximum quality.

Processor : Intel Core i7-2600CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
    Ram : 12GB
    NVIDIA GeForce GT 530

Soulwalker

No, your GPU is abysmal. If that's intended to be a gaming machine someone gave you some terrible advice, as you don't need more than a i5 and the GPU is generally far more important than the CPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzz View Post
    No, your GPU is abysmal. If that's intended to be a gaming machine someone gave you some terrible advice, as you don't need more than a i5 and the GPU is generally far more important than the CPU.
    So what should i do, to be able to play att ful capacity?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zyloqt View Post
    Basically just upgrade your GPU. Just google GPU benchmarks and make a decision from there based on your price range. As a suggestion, if you're looking for cost effectiveness I would suggest a 7870 or 660 TI though there may be better recently, they're starting to become a bit dated.

I get about mid 20s FPS on full settings with 1 7870 in a group enviroment, and high 40s-50 solo, so if your goal is 60fps on ultra you will probably want to aim a bit higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzz View Post
    Basically just upgrade your GPU. Just google GPU benchmarks and make a decision from there based on your price range. As a suggestion, if you're looking for cost effectiveness I would suggest a 7870 or 660 TI though there may be better recently, they're starting to become a bit dated.

I get about mid 20s FPS on full settings with 1 7870 in a group enviroment, and high 40s-50 solo, so if your goal is 60fps on ultra you will probably want to aim a bit higher.

I play on full settings with a 570GTX but I also have a very good processor. It's a little dated, but the QX9770 from a few years ago is still a monster. Under normal loads... full ultra with everything on = 45 fps or so. Of course, when you do a world boss I'm in low double or single frames like everyone else.

Shield of Telara

Not to be a butt munch . . .

Why, when people make these posts, do people not post what the resolution they want to run it at? That has a LOT to do with the answer to the question posed.

Rift Disciple

i run @ 1920 x 1080 with a overclocked gtx 670 and i cant raid on ultra as the fps dives whne 20 people's spell effects are going off everywhere.

i use custom settings with basically everything on except other peoples spell effects and get 30+fps in raid and 100+ fps running around in open world.

Yesterday instaled Rift on new rig (i5-3570k, gtx 670, 16 gb ram, ssd, 24 inches display) and i am stunned. Had no idea how beautiful Rift is.
    I've tested earlier today Volan event, had btw 20-25 fps on ultra settings (AA set on middle option, canot recall the name). GHRs with 2 full raids never droped below 20 fps. Everything looks smooth and amazing. After work will test it in conquest.
    Last edited by Mauzeer; 04-23-2013 at 08:19 AM.
    Evandro, Retired

RIFT Community Ambassador Laughter's Avatar

On a positive note you have enough RAM to feed a small town in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyloqt View Post
    you can get a GTX 650ti for around 150$, or go ATI and get something cheaper. But, obviously you get what you pay for
    ...∞...
    Nerva@Deepwood

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DammitBilly View Post
    i run @ 1920 x 1080 with a overclocked gtx 670 and i cant raid on ultra as the fps dives whne 20 people's spell effects are going off everywhere.

i use custom settings with basically everything on except other peoples spell effects and get 30+fps in raid and 100+ fps running around in open world.
    Im able to raid on Ultra with a GTX 670 though I built a computer just for gaming about 9 months ago.

Rift Chaser

yea that gt530 is worse than a 5 yr old gtx 280 card, always look at the last 2 numbers the higher the better for nvidia aka the 680 and 690s for the latest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzeer View Post
    Yesterday instaled Rift on new rig (i5-3570k, gtx 670, 16 gb ram, ssd, 24 inches display) and i am stunned. Had no idea how beautiful Rift is.
    I've tested earlier today Volan event, had btw 20-25 fps on ultra settings (AA set on middle option, canot recall the name). GHRs with 2 full raids never droped below 20 fps. Everything looks smooth and amazing. After work will test it in conquest.
    Tested cq yesterday evening and was very, very pleased. raid vs raid never droped below 20 fps, 30-ish vs 30-ish was at 15-18 fps, and ONCE it droped in single digit fps (7-8) was on fight 60+ vs 30-ish, along with heavy torrents spam. But it was still playable, with no ability lag.
    Last edited by Mauzeer; 04-24-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Evandro, Retired

When shopping for nVidia cards, here's all you need to know:

690:

6 = family/series of cards. The higher, the newer. USUALLY, this is a new chipset from model to model
    90 = model number. 60-90 = performance grade. 50 = midgrade. Less than 50 = DO NOT GAME WITH IT (you're literally slower than most on-board integrated GPUs. 20-30-40 model numbers are termed "multimedia" cards and are designed for watching internet videos and rendering graphics enriched webpages. Some people will argue that a x40 series card can play games. Well, I can hit a golf ball too but I absolutely can't play golf to save my ***.

Also, this performance identifier is almost universally true with nvidia cards. It's called plus one/minus two:

Example: Take a 570 GPU. It's faster than a 650. A 580 is faster than a 660. Now, an exception is with the late 400 series (460-70-80). The 500 series and 400 series are nearly identical due to a flaw in the 400 series' noise and thermal system. There's only 1 DIMM of difference between a 580 and a 480. The performance increase from a 480 to a 580 is less than that between a 580 and a 680.

Still, if you want bleeding edge performance, you can save money by getting a 660 which is on par with a 580's performance (and its 75 dollars cheaper). Likewise, you can get a 580 and perform between a 660 and a 670 for 150-200 dollars cheaper than a 670 or 680 (prices vary widely from vendor to vendor).

If all you care about is raw speed... this is a guide for that. However, as any GPU nerd will tell you, that first number makes games look a lot different at times. Plug in an old 300 series and compare it to a newer 600 series. Now, it won't look nearly as good on the older 300 series... and visual quality scales upwards with the better series (provides said image/game supports both). MOST PEOPLE can't tell the difference between a one-off comparison (580 vs 680). However, MOST PEOPLE can tell the difference between a two-off comparison (680 vs 480).

Thus, the minus one/plus two rule applies for visual quality as well.
    Last edited by Laeris; 04-27-2013 at 11:35 AM.

Eh, quick summary:

680 =

6 = the type of chipset/GPU architecture (how good the maximum image quality can be)
    80 = how much memory and other features are slapped onto the silicon board around that above GPU.

Suffixes tend to scale from GS >> Ti / GX >> GT / GTX / GX (there's some oddball suffixes like GX2 and what not on older cards).

Those are mainly marketing gimmicks.

A GS card is generally a budget card. A 570 GS might only have 1024 memory where an otherwise identical 570 GX might have 2024. Again... vendor marketing gimmick for people who don't know what all those numbers mean on the back side of the box.

If you don't know the difference... between 2 660s, a GX by the same manufacturer will always be better than a GS... and a GT or GX (GX/GT are the current favorite top end suffix for most vendors) will be the top of the line model. Now, again... from vendor to vendor these will vary. It's entirely possibly to find a 570 GX or GT from BFG that has less memory than a 570 GS from eVGA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast