+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FFXIV To Launch Tomorrow

Default FFXIV To Launch Tomorrow

I, like many others here, play pretty much any MMO I can get my hands on. Tomorrow is the release of FFXIV yet all things related seem quiet on the internet (the Japanese sites I check are a little more active but not as much as I would have expected from a game made by a development Goliath like Square Enix). I was also playing the open beta. As always, I expect a visually stunning game with brilliant lore and story telling that suffers from countless drawbacks (mostly a clunky UI, content updates that prolong game time through almost entirely grinding, and poor control) along with the worst community team completely uninterested with player feedback I have ever seen. Never the less, I will be there at launch, giving the game a chance. Even if it is horrible, I will go back to it every few months to see if fatal flaws have been fixed.

Eh, I tried the beta for a few days, posted my thoughts in the other thread.

Unless they overhauled the game, I don't expect this game to fair well in the West. It does have some amazing trailers, I'm sure many a player will buy it just because the trailers were fancy >< lol.

I just returned my copy not even 15 minutes ago.

*EDIT* Yeah I'm just kidding... I never bought it...lol... That and I realize it is still basically today...haha

Not anything I am the least bit interested in... I liked FF3 and 7 but they had a time and place.

way too boring, static and CONSOLE friendly for my taste
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Quote Originally Posted by Vell View Post
    I, like many others here, play pretty much any MMO I can get my hands on. Tomorrow is the release of FFXIV yet all things related seem quiet on the internet (the Japanese sites I check are a little more active but not as much as I would have expected from a game made by a development Goliath like Square Enix). I was also playing the open beta. As always, I expect a visually stunning game with brilliant lore and story telling that suffers from countless drawbacks (mostly a clunky UI, content updates that prolong game time through almost entirely grinding, and poor control) along with the worst community team completely uninterested with player feedback I have ever seen. Never the less, I will be there at launch, giving the game a chance. Even if it is horrible, I will go back to it every few months to see if fatal flaws have been fixed.
    My game should arrive tomorrow. I will play it. I get 30 days free after all. But I'm like you - play pretty much any MMO that interests me up to a point that it doesn't.

Plane Touched

I bought a ce copy and am wondering if I actually have to go in and return it to get my money back or do I just not pick it up and they won't charge me. The CE copy is in store pick up.
    That game is terrible imo. it is for console. The controls are a TOTAL game breaker. I thought it would be alright to pass the time but I couldn't deal with it at all. I won't bash it too hard here but the game isn't for PC or the american market at all.

I watched Kitty play the Open beta Definitly not a game for me.

i canceled my order after beta 3, basicly stating that theres no hardware mouse and surplus xp system pushed me away
    But But it worked in Dev!

Shadowlander

Hoping to get my CE box tomorrow. Oddly though, got an email from GS listing the CE and that it was 8 days early play. They finished it with delivery guaranteed on Sept 30.

Ummm, yeah. At least I ordered from a store. But getting late into a game with an early start is just par for the course. After all, I live in Canada, where games usually arrive later then the USA.

And yes, I too, like to play MMOs. Presently playing LoTRO and having fun there.

After hearing the collective moans of 10+ guild members that were in beta, I can testify that this game is a piece of **** and should not be played by humans who value their intelligence.

Well hey, one less game Rift has to worry about. Now lets just find out how fraud SWTOR is then we'll be GTG *nod*

#retiredBear #teamBBCs #puffForeverMad

Quote Originally Posted by Raive View Post
    Well hey, one less game Rift has to worry about. Now lets just find out how fraud SWTOR is then we'll be GTG *nod*
    Don't forget TERA. The "hard core" PvP game with no art direction that is marketing to skill kidz and yet SOMEHOW they are adding care bear limitations to the game to avoid ganking. A drop-down 'non-consensual duel challenge' is the only way to kill a player in the open world. Yeah.

And SW:TOR... People keep saying BioWare are godz of gaming and if anyone can make a good MMO they can. I beg to differ. Making an MMO is so different to making a single player game it's not even comparable in broad terms. They have just as much to prove as Trion... Yet, they are making some perceived bad design decisions for a game that has a fifth of a 500 staff company working on it for only 5 years. It's gonna blow hard.

In comparison with FunCom and The Secret World, it will have been 12 years in production and 7 years of actual development at the time of release with the entire 350 man work force of the company just working on that one game.

I would compare to Trion, but Trion do not have official staff numbers out.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/shunti Stream for anyone interested

I think you'll regret buying it though, I didn't like it at all, but make up your own mind, he plays 24/7.

I tried the open beta and it the UI was difficult for me to manage smoothly. The game mechanics are not obvious so for people new to it its going to take some training with people who are.

It is pretty though, I wish them the best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast