+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Defiance

RIFT Guide Writer

Default Defiance

I expected Defiance to face plant at launch. The reviews are coming out and it is what I expected. I also expect the same from Warface. I'm going to say that I'm 100% sure Warface will be launched without the polish just like Defiance. Do you feel Defiance was worth the money? I felt it should of been a beta release for like $20 on steam. I personally think that Trion is attempting to grow way to aggressively in the video game market. I feel they need to focus on Rift and make it much better.

What do you think?

Telaran

I'm more than happy so far with Defiance (to which I wonder where the reviews you seen are from, only 'bad' ones I've seen outside of forum rage is metacritic user reviews, which are likely just forum rage spillage). Money well spent for me at least, it's got no sub fee and the game plays great (I'm playing the PC version). The game seems far from face planting, with different studios working on each of the games, it's not taking developer focus either. Time will tell if it's over all a success or not though.

No idea why you'd think it should have been $20...

Ascendant

Beta was not fun at all. The game is not worth buying

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisN View Post
    I expected Defiance to face plant at launch. The reviews are coming out and it is what I expected. I also expect the same from Warface. I'm going to say that I'm 100% sure Warface will be launched without the polish just like Defiance. Do you feel Defiance was worth the money? I felt it should of been a beta release for like $20 on steam. I personally think that Trion is attempting to grow way to aggressively in the video game market. I feel they need to focus on Rift and make it much better.

What do you think?
    Ive seen plenty of great reviews from solid sources so... so far it seems to be one of those games that either you hate or you love. Which makes sense considering its design and game style.

As for Warface... you do realize its already released in Russia (and a few other places) right? Has been for a while. And every review and comment so far that ive seen on it has done nothing but praise it. And after the disaster that was CS:GO... i and many others have high hopes based upon gameplay footage and reviews seen so far.

Besides.. you cant exactly compare the 3 games since Trions involvement in each one was vastly different, and in addition each one is a very different style of game.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 04-02-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Played Defiance through some beta and alpha and now live.
    Love it so far, I have tons of fun, good action. It runs smooth and yes there are bugs, some more irritating then others, but all in all its not quite good.

It's not Rift, but at the same time it like a FPS(MMO) with some Rift elemets. It's something I can play a little on and off.

So yep, to me its money well spend
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

Plane Walker

I was cautious about buy this but with Rift being a little stale at the moment I dug deep held my breath and purchased it, Having not played any of the beta I was going on a few YouTube posts

What I got yesterday was pure bliss and well worth the cash, I had no lag, no disconnects, no quest bugs. Having played many mmo launches for me this was the best launch of a game I have been in and had a full 14 hrs yesterday with 1 DC for about 10mins

I can not believe reading through the issues post there were so many but it was launched across three platforms

The game reminded me of Halo and it's just so big a map I guess it's gonna be bigger in size than the whole of Rift and SL and the side quests and main story are fun and easy to follow

Downside but didn't ruin it for me

1.In game voice chat Is piss poor but will use ts,mumble,vent when in a guild
    2. PC Ui is bit poor, If you go to setting the game closes down (sure will fix in an update)
    3.Purchased in game credit 20 but took 24.99 again will get refund once addressed

Overall I was well happy with what I got yesterday considering it was launch day

If your a Cod,Battle field, Halo, Secret world fan then this is definitely what you been waiting for and worth a try, If you want Rift,Wow then don't bother wait for TESO

Well done Trion good launch for me anyway lol

I've been reading largely good things, actually.

But don't let that stop you.

It's the tie-in with the TV Show has me interested, otherwise i wouldn't look twice at Defiance, don't really like shooters

Been a big sci-fi fan though if they can work out the show affecting the game and vice versa then i'll certainly be buying

I think the TV series will hurt the game. From the previews I have seen it doesn't look all that good. Cast is also not that great.

sad i found this today, i played AO at launch and remember this well! i stuck with AO and loved it for a few years, they managed to pull it together, now it's Trions turn...

http://forums.defiance.com/showthrea...Anarchy-Online

i started to play EQ at RoK and loved it for years also, saw the greed set in to SOE and then the big outage... Trion seems to have some of the same growing pains now with Rift. i like the game and have a year sub but am starting to feel the backlash of Defiance on Rift.

Eh what? the Defiance launch on the PC was very good, finally relented and purchased and was able to log in fine, play for a few hours with no hiccups

Sure, the servers got taken down for updates but they were announced and planned, not like they kept crashing and going off line for hours, Sim City it was not

Now X-Box and PS3 had a few issues alright, down to Trion? or down to Sony and Microsoft? who knows, they're getting sorted, but that poster on the Defiance forum saying it was as bad as AO? just lulz

I heard something about Chat not working on release?
    Nope.

Plane Walker

Yeah In game voice chat is worse I have heard lol but can switch off and use ts

Game still getting better and better further in. Shame seems its only 4 man co-ops but they are made very well

Just hit ego lvl 400

Quote Originally Posted by sandmany View Post
    Yeah In game voice chat is worse I have heard lol but can switch off and use ts
    I honestly can not think of a game where in game voice chat was good. The closest ive seen is Counterstrike series... and even that was pretty crappy.

There is a reason mumble/ts/vent continue to be so important to gaming lol.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 04-04-2013 at 12:57 PM.

I'm surprised this game didn't suck, but is actually pretty fun. Best game acquisition in months, especially since I took a chance and bought it without knowing much about it. 8/10 from me, so far. 12,4 hours played in two days according to Steam. EGO level 122.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast