+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Good fellows on the subject of facial forrests

Rift Disciple

Default Good fellows on the subject of facial forrests

Gentlemen of the rift community I come bearing the question,what do the users of this site thing of the ultimate show of manliness with the growth and up keep of facial hair?

do you as gentlemen enjoy the feel of a beard?
    what style do you sport?
    do the ladies and lasses appreciate it?

and other manner of questions related.

I for one sport a lovely curled moustache and forked beard. I comb daily and wax my moustache with a sandlewood wax which treats me to a lovely smell throughout the day. my only pet peev is the when I enjoy a good ale it can get in the way.

anywho please contribute and any of the fairer sex have any comments feel free to mock or praise those few brave gents that let there face fuzz flow free!

Beards have the ability to turn a man into a badass man of gorgeous, but then there's men who just never ever get anything out of having a beard.
    I'd compare it to being a hat-person, or in this case, a never-hat-person: No matter how many different styles and hats you try on, you'll always look silly.

Ascendant

Currently, I'm beardless but I do grow it from time to time. Depends on my mood, sometimes I hate shaving, other times I hate trimming.
    When I do grow it I keep it close and trimmed.

I do tend to sport a 5 oclock shadow most days though just because I'm lazy about shaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Orakle View Post
    I for one sport a lovely curled moustache and forked beard. I comb daily and wax my moustache with a sandlewood wax which treats me to a lovely smell throughout the day. my only pet peev is the when I enjoy a good ale it can get in the way.

anywho please contribute and any of the fairer sex have any comments feel free to mock or praise those few brave gents that let there face fuzz flow free!
    Dude, I think you might need to re-evaluate your priorities.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

I've been a facial hair wearer for about 5 years now, since I entered my 20s... I feel I look silly without something below my lips, possibly because I feel I have an unattractive chin.

Currently sporting something similar to this fine chap: http://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/12/50/23/07/jd10.jpg

My beard keeps my face nice and toasty

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

Rift Disciple

Astounding!

Thought I will throw out what the brand of wax is;
    Captain Fawcett's moustache wax.

Keeping a stiff upper lip regardless...

And to the young gent that sounded put off by my appreciation and time spent on my face scrub I say balderdash!

Tis not any different from those that straighten and style there hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Salamol View Post
    ...I feel I look silly without something below my lips....
    Lol I swear reading lines like this convinces me I'm not really past a 14 year old mentality yet when I laugh outloud afterword.
    Last edited by Xenoheart; 03-30-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I personally wear a full beard & mustache from late fall to late spring, then just a goatee/mustache during the warmer months. Hard to justify a full face of hair during the heat of a Florida summer.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Not that I have really tried to grow a beard, but when I get lazy and don't shave for a couple of weeks I get sparse hair and a bald spot under my chin.

As for kissing a guy, so long as the hair is kinda soft, and not scratchy, then it's fine... But anything longer than an inch is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by meoka2368 View Post
    Not that I have really tried to grow a beard, but when I get lazy and don't shave for a couple of weeks I get sparse hair and a bald spot under my chin.

As for kissing a guy, so long as the hair is kinda soft, and not scratchy, then it's fine... But anything longer than an inch is weird.
    Women grow facial hair (non Mexicans)???
    Last edited by tteen6789; 03-31-2013 at 02:26 AM.

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

I can grow a full beard but it gives me bumps and its super itchy, which is why I shave regularly (have to shave every 2 days) since I have very sensitive skin. i can't shave with a razor since its literally like shaving with deaths toenail, I have to use a barbers shape up machine or t-blades to I can minimize the bumps.

Which is sad because people say I pull of beards fairly well and I can actually grow a full one where the stache and beard connects fully.

I used to rock a moustache but it became a chore to maintain and keep neat since the ends turn to curly cues naturally and I dun like that. Grows way too fast and I ain't got time to be trimming err day.

Quote Originally Posted by tteen6789 View Post
    Women grow facial hair (non Mexicans)???
    I'm not a woman.
    And you're comment is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I can grow a full beard but it gives me bumps and its super itchy, which is why I shave regularly (have to shave every 2 days) since I have very sensitive skin. i can't shave with a razor since its literally like shaving with deaths toenail, I have to use a barbers shape up machine or t-blades to I can minimize the bumps.

Which is sad because people say I pull of beards fairly well and I can actually grow a full one where the stache and beard connects fully.

I used to rock a moustache but it became a chore to maintain and keep neat since the ends turn to curly cues naturally and I dun like that. Grows way too fast and I ain't got time to be trimming err day.
    Eughe had a friend who had the same problem. I suggested using this along with a good shave gel... http://www.sephora.com/pre-shave-oil...,ci_sku=456517

just a little dab gets the job done, so the price is not that bad with how long the bottle lasts, and their bump issue was gone. We both had little choice on being baby smooth due to uniform regulations, it was, according to him, a life saver.

As for the OP. I have had the fortune (or misfortune depending on your point of view) of having female companions in the past and now a wife, all of whom do not like facial hair. heck my ex I am still best friends with, approved of the fact that I shave my legs during racing season (cleaning road rash, melted Lycra and road tar from hairy Italian legs HURTS!!!!!! after a crash). As a matter of fact she hated body hair on a guy period. My wife isn't hot on the idea BUT she gets the hygiene point so lets me slide from March till November lol.
    Last edited by Galibier; 03-31-2013 at 06:00 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I think facial beardness itches, I can't sleep well with one put on my front. I shave regularly, but when I don't I regret it. Speaking of, I should shave the tiny beardness I have grown right now! It itches!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast