+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat

Thread: RIP Rift Korea...

Ascendant

proofs that rift is NOT a generic asia grinder ^^

That's a bit disappointing but just shows it's 2-way traffic. Korean "grinders" don't have a happy life in the Western World either, wonder how it would have fared as a totally F2P model

Then again, wasn't it F2P from level's 1-49 there anyhow? Let's hope Archeage can overcome the Korean "grinder" label and Trion can do a good "Westernization" of it

I can't be the only one thinking "that was pretty ****ing fast"
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post
    I can't be the only one thinking "that was pretty ****ing fast"
    Yeah, it was. But I'm glad their getting out fast rather than have it drain the coffers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    That's a bit disappointing but just shows it's 2-way traffic. Korean "grinders" don't have a happy life in the Western World either, wonder how it would have fared as a totally F2P model

Then again, wasn't it F2P from level's 1-49 there anyhow? Let's hope Archeage can overcome the Korean "grinder" label and Trion can do a good "Westernization" of it
    It went F2P 1-49 in November according to http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ersy-in-china/

Whilst we're not really bothered in the west... it slightly concerns me that they'd just shut up shop. I would hate to have been a player there since launch and suddenly have all of my progress lost and deleted.

Wow I'm actually pretty shocked that it failed in Korea. There a reason to why it failed? But then again I'm sure in Asia there are more other MMOs out there than here in the USA.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

"big local titles such as Blade & Soul and Diablo III eroded the hype fairly quickly."

Diablo 3? Lolz.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Salamol View Post
    It went F2P 1-49 in November according to http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/11...ersy-in-china/

Whilst we're not really bothered in the west... it slightly concerns me that they'd just shut up shop. I would hate to have been a player there since launch and suddenly have all of my progress lost and deleted.
    Something else people need to understand. This is not necessarily a Rift decision. If their local distributor says "we are out" then there isn't a lot Trion can do.

So you add the simple cultural differences that made Korean style games flop in the west to new releases to The fact what happens is not 100% in Trion's control and you get a rather complicated picture.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

I'm glad they decided to pull out instead of rework the games subscription systems and make it a money pit and causing financial issues for the rest of Trion.
    PO-TA-TOES!

Blade and soul >>>>>>>>> rift. That's why lol

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

rip

/10char
    Wrek 9/9 2/4
    Retired

+ Reply to Thread