+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Teso

Default Teso

Has anyone beta tested TESO? What's the general feel of the game? I'm looking for something else to play as Rift has definitely passed its prime.

Ascendant

I think it's some time at the end of the month for The Elder Scrolls Online beta. I signed up myself and haven't heard back either way.

People (no OP, just in general) shouldn't hype it up too much though as you'll probably be disappointed, hasn't SWTOR or GW2 taught the internet any lessons.

The new video aint look very exciting to me

http://youtu.be/GqRfyfaY-Tg

Synergies seems like cool concept

Wannabe Mage Guide Writer
    6/6 Dragons
    A website for all your Rift needs
    www.riftscene.com

They already stated that it isn't going to be a first person type game, so to me, no interest, nothing new in it.
    PO-TA-TOES!

I'm in, it feels like a glorified 3 faction GW2 (just my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkerlotus View Post
    They already stated that it isn't going to be a first person type game, so to me, no interest, nothing new in it.
    Ill never really understand the hate behind this decision. A first person MMO? Plenty of people just zoom out in the original games anyway. Its still "action-y," still have to block, can dodge etc. Either way the most attractive part of Elder Scrolls has never been the FPS style, IMO. Its the open world exploration you have all over the place alongside the main storyline and the crazy customizations you have with your toon. So far they seem to be keeping that part. There may be differences (like not being able to murder an entire town for obvious reasons) but its still a good genre cross-over.

Not that im trying to hype it up or saying itll be a huge success ... just saying, it has its chance just like all the others, just like this game did.
    Last edited by Kayote; 04-01-2013 at 10:11 AM.

Last edited by minipara; 04-14-2013 at 11:44 PM.

The way they do 3rd person view is going to annoy the hell out of me for the first few weeks I bet.

I am really afraid to try new games too fast now.

I really regretted buying SWTOR, GW2, D3 (which isn't an MMO i guess) and the other games that were released in the past 2 years and each time, I came back to Rift after a few days or weeks.

I'll wait for the game to be released and see how the reviews go first.
    Pantz@Hailol
    Asia's best cleric

I've been a long time fan of the TES series and when I first heard about the MMO, everything inside me screamed NO, don't ruin our world, our lore, all that we have come to love about Tamriel...

However, after I let the news sink in for a bit, I also learned that they will stick to a time period that's more like "the Dark Ages", since not much is known about the Dawn Era or 2nd Era, I was a bit relieved. And after a while, I actually began to get excited about exploring areas I've never been to (Hammerfell, High Rock). At least I hope that I can explore all of Tamriel. Right now it sounds like some regions are faction restricted?

I think what drew me into the TES Universe was not just a huge, amazing, imaginative world, but all the Lore behind it. All those books that told of ages long past, of amazing inventions, recalled tales past down through the Eras... if you can have a history discussion about a game, then the story writers did something right here! ;)

Anyway, I sure hope that the makers of TES:O learn form amazing MMO's like Rift and GW2, to see what works and what players like.
    Last edited by Agrona77; 04-15-2013 at 07:01 AM.

Shadowlander

Is it true there aren't going to be any raids? The highest group content is 5-10 people?

Quote Originally Posted by Agrona77 View Post
    ...All those books that told of ages long past, of amazing inventions, recalled tales past down through the Eras...
    You read those!?

Ill admit, ive read a few, but dam! Only reason I even open some is for the free level up ... and thats only IF they sound like theyd level a skill I use (Thief=Sneak level).

You mustve spent half your playthrough in Skyrim just reading books at the Winterhold library, lol.
    Last edited by Kayote; 04-15-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsMaker View Post
    Is it true there aren't going to be any raids? The highest group content is 5-10 people?
    That is true, they confirmed it in their latest Q/A that was posted to their website.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    That is true, they confirmed it in their latest Q/A that was posted to their website.
    Not entirely true. They said they have plans for large group content, but they aren't ready to talk about them yet but it doesn't sound like they will be traditional raids. My guess is that they will be these "adventure zones" they have mentioned but haven't talked about. Basically like an open raid zone ala City of Aerus in DAOC or Darkness Falls. I'm down for that as long as it provides a challenge.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast