+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Saeleth

Thread: One fee, multiple Trion games?

Default One fee, multiple Trion games?

Has there been any word on any sort of blanket sub that Trion might do for Rift, Defiance DLC and ArcheAge? It would be great, I would gladly sign on for something like that. Despite my complaining Trion at least stands behind their games and pumps out regular updates.
    Vanilla Rift (Cleared) - ToDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5 - GA 1/4

Signed

Sounds very good and I think there would be nice synergy effects for all games.

Depends. I don't care about Defiance and ArcheAge is more than a year away still. If I can pick and choose that'd be nice as well.

Well I think it could be great if they have 2 options: An individual sub basis or a blanket sub for players. That way players who only like one or two of the games can play, and people who want to do all of them can also.

Make it happen Trion!

If they couldn't make something like that happen (Where ofc you buy the individual games still) I'd like to see them cut the subscriptions in half if you for example choose to subscribe to another Trion game.
    So, for example people could sub to Rift at it's current rate, but if they sub to say Archeage too they could get 50% off the subscription rates for both games.

That way it becomes a bit more feasible for people on a not so happy economy (like me) to play two games at once - I would get sad if I had to choose between Rift and another game, tbh.
    And it also keeps the costumers with Trion, instead of them wandering over to another company.
    Last edited by Talila; 03-15-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    If they couldn't make something like that happen (Where ofc you buy the individual games still) I'd like to see them cut the subscriptions in half if you for example choose to subscribe to another Trion game.
    So, for example people could sub to Rift at it's current rate, but if they sub to say Archeage too they could get 50% off the subscription rates for both games.

That way it becomes a bit more feasible for people on a not so happy economy (like me) to play two games at once - I would get sad if I had to choose between Rift and another game, tbh.
    And it also keeps the costumers with Trion, instead of them wandering over to another company.
    I'm thinking that is a bit of an unreasonable request. Your request simply asks them to let you play one game for free. If you're paying 15 for rift and, say, 10 for another game, you're asking them to let you pay between 12.50 and 17.50 for both. While a blanket sub may sound nice, not all of TRION'S portfolio will have sub-based games.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeleth View Post
    Well I think it could be great if they have 2 options: An individual sub basis or a blanket sub for players. That way players who only like one or two of the games can play, and people who want to do all of them can also.

Make it happen Trion!
    SOE did something like this with Station Access.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

This honestly is too good of an idea for them not to offer and I'd be surprised if we don't see something like this in the near future (aka when ArcheAge hits)

+ Reply to Thread