+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Plans, anyone?

Default Halloween Plans, anyone?

Alright, it's a couple of weeks early, but there are no other major holidays until then and the really good ideas take time to set up. I'm trying to talk the hubby into buying me a white poodle for this year, but I don't think it'll happen.

Does anyone else have any awesome Halloween plans? Anything Rifty or in general?
    "Strive for perfection - settle for excellence."
    "Yes way, Ted!"

Nope
    But halloween isn't really that big of deal here in Sweden, mostly a couple of kids running around trick or treating, maybe some costume party, other than that it's not really anything -.-

No plans here either, as whilst it does seem to grow in popularity each year, its not even close to the holiday you have in the US.

Generally if we do get "Trick or Treaters" here at all they tend not to be in costume, but teenagers in hoodies and a scream mask, if they could even be bothered with that much.

No plans for myself. I will be taking my son trick or treating. He's going as Harry Potter :P

There is a possibility that we might make a surprise party for a relative in October into a costume party so she'll be even more clueless. Even if we do that, I'll be 8 months pregnant and i have NO clue what to go as.
    ~You are restricted only by your imagination~ Dona Kato

Ah, yes. The wonders of capitalist-conjured up jiggery pokery 'holidays'. Must feel great to be a part of such a fantastic, historically important cash cow for the man.

I'm taking both my kids out for an hour or two, My two year old is going as Muno from Yo Gabba Gabba and my five year old wants to be Disneys Ariel.
    Sure Halloween is just another over hyped reason to buy stuff, but who cares when you get to see your child smiling from ear to ear with excitement and a sugar high.

Everyone needs to have kids just once, Helps you appreciate all the things in life that you taking for granted.
    Coda Rocklift Bard
    It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.

I'm getting the bear traps and boiling oil rig out from storage. That'll show 'em.

Most people in Japan don't even know what Halloween is... Heck, Christmas is about as celebrated here as Saint Patrick's Day is in most western countries. In other words, I will be doing nothing different.

Quote Originally Posted by Michello View Post
    ... I'll be 8 months pregnant and i have NO clue what to go as.
    Me too! I figured I'd go as a nun or maybe a belly dancer... Anything really offensive, since sexy is mostly out.
    "Strive for perfection - settle for excellence."
    "Yes way, Ted!"

Yes. I'm going to sit here in my house and cry because I'm too old to get free candy.

EDIT: To the pregnant women, see if you can paint your stomach like this lady?

Want a Melee Mage? Support the Theurgist!

Quote Originally Posted by fern View Post
    Me too! I figured I'd go as a nun or maybe a belly dancer... Anything really offensive, since sexy is mostly out.
    haha! Those are funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanlo View Post
    Yes. I'm going to sit here in my house and cry because I'm too old to get free candy.

EDIT: To the pregnant women, see if you can paint your stomach like this lady?
    That's hilarious. Very creative, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ah, yes. The wonders of capitalist-conjured up jiggery pokery 'holidays'. Must feel great to be a part of such a fantastic, historically important cash cow for the man.
    Pfft, nothing to do with it... It originally started as Samhain (Sow-in), then, as Christianity spread into Celtic lands, Pope Boniface IV designated Nov. 1 as All Saint's Day, the next day was later designated All Soul's Day. These holidays were kept much in line with how the Celts already celebrated Samhain... That is, dressing up and having huge bonfires.

What do I plan to do? I'm staging a Zombie Apocalypse... 25 or so people already in on it... And even though it is September, there is still a lot of work to do!

the usual, try to get off work to take the kid trick or treating

To be a Telaran of course!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast