+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: MMO Forums (in general)...

Default MMO Forums (in general)...

To be honest, it feels like every single MMO forum is simply a negative feedback posting area. The primary place to go and tell people "the game is dying", or "I'm quitting". Is there anyone who actually discusses positives on the MMO forums, in areas of them pertaining to the game in question? Or are these areas simply radiating with hopelessness, despair and complaints?

I think when people feel that a product they are paying for, isn't living up to expectations or hype..you're going to see some strong posts regarding that.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Seeing this is the best way to get to express your opinion to MMO staff I would not be surprised to see negative feedback.
    Account Cancelled 03/10/2013
    0 Months paid game time remaining.
    Bring the fun back into Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavafrost View Post
    To be honest, it feels like every single MMO forum is simply a negative feedback posting area. The primary place to go and tell people "the game is dying", or "I'm quitting". Is there anyone who actually discusses positives on the MMO forums, in areas of them pertaining to the game in question? Or are these areas simply radiating with hopelessness, despair and complaints?
    I see that with an active date of February 2013 and (at the time of writing) a post count of 8, you are exactly the kind of person you are complaining about. I.e., you create a post just to complain about complaining in MMO forums.

Are you actually for real with this?

Look at the older threads from RIft Chocolate here in the forum. There are a lot of "Thank you TRION!" or "Loving XY" Threads.

Its just true that Rift is getting sicker with every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    I see that with an active date of February 2013 and (at the time of writing) a post count of 8, you are exactly the kind of person you are complaining about. I.e., you create a post just to complain about complaining in MMO forums.

Are you actually for real with this?
    Well, I've been playing MMOs for more than a few years now. I'm newer to Rift (as is obvious). I was more of questioning here than complaining, and am sorry if it came off as a complaint rather than a question.

Well, I've been playing MMOs for more than a few years now. I'm newer to Rift (as is obvious). I was more of questioning here than complaining, and am sorry if it came off as a complaint rather than a question.
    You would have to be here for the golden age of rift. Chocolate rift is sorely missed.

Currently, the new direction for rift is quickly becoming it's down fall. I would love to see the subscription base for active players. Minus the ones like me who payed a year for the free expansion.

I bet there is a sharp decline.
    Last edited by Essala; 03-08-2013 at 03:36 PM.

For those of us who have been playing since beta..we have seen the drastic/not good changes that have happened to the game.

One glaring thing that stands out to me was the removal of the pvp souls. The pvp souls was a huge selling point of the game..and hyped heavily.

In fact, you can still see them on the Rift homepage.

http://www.riftgame.com/en/media/videos/

Look at the "build your class" videos.

Also, the pvp video.

It's amusing that they still have those videos up, considering none of that is in the game anymore..(the pvp souls)

So if a new person decides to check out the game, they're going to see all of that stuff and think it's in the game.

That's just one example of many, regarding the downhill slide of the game.
    Last edited by Misun; 03-08-2013 at 03:50 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

The reality is only a small percentage of any community is ever vocal (online or offline for that matter) - often times, if the game is working as you expect it to, you won't feel compelled to let anyone know (we'd love you to!). It's only when something interrupts your ability to enjoy the experience that those who post, do.

Therefore - actual, regular forum users are an even smaller slice of the pie. That's why it's important that we don't listen purely to forum feedback, as it's much easier to manipulate the perception of the forum community vs. the actual opinion of the in-game community.

All that said - we're more than happy to hear anyone's concerns, as long as they're presented in a clear & constructive way. (i.e. Why are you upset and how can we help?)

Cheers,
    Last edited by Elrar; 03-08-2013 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrar View Post
    The reality is only a small percentage of any community is ever vocal (online or offline for that matter) - often times, if the game is working as you expect it to, you won't feel compelled to let anyone know (we'd love you to!). It's only when something interrupts your ability to enjoy the experience that those who post, do.

Therefore - actual, regular forum users are an even smaller slice of the pie. That's why it's important that we don't listen purely to forum feedback, as it's much easier to manipulate the perception of the forum community vs. the actual opinion of the in-game community.

All that said - we're more than happy to hear anyone's concerns, as long as they're presented in a clear & constructive way. (i.e. Why are you upset and how can we help?)

Cheers,
    Check the chat channels in game as well. Trust me it's more then a "smaller slice of pie" then you said it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I think when people feel that a product they are paying for, isn't living up to expectations or hype..you're going to see some strong posts regarding that.
    Think the "paying for" part is the important bit. While I have gripes about games like Tera, Diablo III, and GW2, I don't have to pay to play them... beyond box sales, at least. I may still drop in on their boards from time to time to leave suggestions/feedback, but I also don't really expect it go anywhere because there's that vocal minority of gamers that simply love to berate and declare any game fine as is, no matter how horrible.

Rift has its own share of problems big and small right now. I hadn't thought much on cross-shard grouping, for example, but now that it's unintentionally happening and seemingly being embraced, I'm finding it funny one of the game's better recent features is actually an unintended side effect of another function. Still, the slip in what to expect from a casual player is a bit worrisome. Early SL reflected this through stuff like port costs. I'll still gripe to the bitter end about equalizing PvE rewards against Raids. The ticket cost of world event items is just the latest bit of, "What were they thinking...?" from a number of people.

Also, Elrar: Odds on ever seeing something like this? Can do a lot for figuring out that "slice of pie" aspect some forum-goers don't consider.
    Last edited by arus2001; 03-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.

I'd keep away from the forums if you want to enjoy the game. (I'm not kidding.)

However, if you're trying to get a sense of how people feel about a game, how successful it is, etc., then check the forums - just compare it with what you see from other sources (such as in the game itself) too. If people are unhappy, it's going to show inside the game and not just outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Essala View Post
    Check the chat channels in game as well. Trust me it's more then a "smaller slice of pie" then you said it was.
    The chat channels used to be really awesome. People were friendly, helpful..just all around nice folks.

Not so much now. I got called the "c word" in level 50 chat on Faeblight, because I asked about the carnival.

Chat is full of profanity, trolls, talk of sex, body parts, players abusing other players for asking for help or asking questions, etc.

It's like I'm playing WoW again.

When chat becomes a cesspool, I think it's a pretty good indicator of the health of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax1114 View Post
    I'd keep away from the forums if you want to enjoy the game. (I'm not kidding.)

However, if you're trying to get a sense of how people feel about a game, how successful it is, etc., then check the forums - just compare it with what you see from other sources (such as in the game itself) too. If people are unhappy, it's going to show inside the game and not just outside.
    What you're saying here (along with what Elrar said with pies) does make sense after thinking it over. Forum communities are typically smaller than the game communities, and are often the more vocal of the two.

That's all I really have to say, so take a free smile:

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    The chat channels used to be really awesome. People were friendly, helpful..just all around nice folks.

Not so much now. I got called the "c word" in level 50 chat on Faeblight, because I asked about the carnival.

Chat is full of profanity, trolls, talk of sex, body parts, players abusing other players for asking for help or asking questions, etc.

It's like I'm playing WoW again.

When chat becomes a cesspool, I think it's a pretty good indicator of the health of the game.
    This is the direct reason why you don't see me in-game anymore.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast