+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: I have lost all faith.

Default I have lost all faith.

I have lost all faith and these are in short why~
    • The following post in the careers recruitment section,
    • The fact that both Scott Hartsman, Russ Brown and now even Hal Hanlin have left,
    • Reading the Glass Door Reviews of Redwood Shores Trion Offices (Where the RIFT Development Team Work)
    • How all that seems to be cared about is 'Milestones' and as cheesy as it sounds there is no 'heart' being put into the game, everything just seems to be extremley rushed
    • Most of Dusken and Brevane feels like 'empty space', there's no incentive to go back and do stuff, the Storylines are extremley streamlined so you just blitz through the zones with around 5-25 quests in each zone
    • Absolute disappointment when you hit Steppes of Infinity and Ashora
    http://trionworlds.com/en/careers/redwood-shores/?ID=SF754514124

Monetization PRODUCT MANAGER

The Trion Monetization team is looking for an analytical and technically skilled Product Manager to join our team. This role is responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring revenue maximization strategies within a AAA video game property.

RESPONSIBILITIES

•Work closely with game Producers and Marketing to understand game mechanics and monetization opportunities
    •Work closely with game Producers and Marketing to contribute to management of in-game economy, focusing on a balanced dual currency model
    •Work regularly with game Producers and Marketing to develop content release schedule and help to define release schedules for microtrans products
    •Manage in-game commerce channels, product management tools and launch related promotional activities in conjunction with Marketing
    •Analyze data and provide suggestions for optimizations to pricing and economy to Development, Marketing, and Monetization teams
    •Administer A/B tests to optimize monetization throughout the commerce experience
    •Act as a vocal customer to our analytics team to shape the game-specific data requirements to ensure the organization has the data required to make informed decisions
    •Work closely with Business Analysts to analyze customer behavior and purchase patterns to identify incremental revenue opportunities
    •Conduct analysis on the effectiveness of commerce tests and provide recommendations to senior management

REQUIREMENTS

•5+ years of professional experience in business analysis, web analytics, or comparable analytics position
    •3+ years of professional experience managing MMO, RTS, or FPS video game products
    •Solid understanding of game balance and dual currency game economies
    •2+ years of professional experience with Google Analytics, Adobe Omniture, or comparable web analytics platform
    •Ability to understand business objectives and analyze data to determine if those objectives were met
    •Strong Project Management skills
    •Strong communication and presentation abilities
    •Experience running A/B or multivariate tests on an online product
    •Highly proficient with Excel and Powerpoint
    •BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing, Mathematics, or Economics

PLUSES

•SQL, SAS, and SPSS a plus
    •MMO / RTS gamer with F2P experience
    •Experience with statistical analysis, forecasting, data mining, financial analysis, game theory, and customer/product segmentation

I've kept my points all extremley brief, feel free to pick at anything you don't understand and I'll Elaborate on them more.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Its a video game ! My God you make it sound like you are saying good bye to a long lost lover or some sort of spiritual/religious icon.

People come and people go. its the nature of the business. Hartsman always leaves when a game is at its pinnacle. He is smart that way. Next project he is on, will be the same deal. Two or three years and then he is on to greener pastures.

You don't like RIFT, try one its competitors, but you are going to have the same issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas79 View Post
    My God you make it sound like you are saying good bye to a long lost lover.
    Wait, you haven't made love to the original RIFT box?

Anyways, after wracking up countless hours, days, weeks and months in /played time, Believe it or not some people do get quite a strong attachment to the game due to all the time invested.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Where is the news that Hal Hanlin leaving coming from?
    Last edited by Techie Will; 03-04-2013 at 03:21 AM.

Since when rift is MMORTS, isn't it a job for End of Nations, which is supposed to be F2P MMORTS with microtrans?

Y U make drama on rift forums about them hiring people for completely another game huh?!
    Last edited by BadTouch; 03-04-2013 at 03:23 AM.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Where is the news that Hal Hanlin leaving coming from?
    Left* and I won't link it, but presuming you have the ability to use google you will be able to find it in a few moments, he now works for Zynga.

Quote Originally Posted by BadTouch View Post
    Since when rift is MMORTS, isn't it a job for End of Nations, which is supposed to be F2P MMORTS with microtrans?

Y U make drama on rift forums about them hiring people for completely another game huh?!
    Not to flame the fire but EoN is not developed at the Rift Redwood Studios location, its out of San Diego like Defiance. This posting is for Redwood that only develops rift and possibly ArcheAge

Quote Originally Posted by BadTouch View Post

It never mentions its for an MMORTS, so as the english optician slogan goes, you should of gone to specsavers, also if you Redwood Shores in Infamously known as being the location for RIFT.

Quote from Trion Official Site:
    Trion’s corporate headquarters, located in Redwood Shores, Calif., is home to the development team creating RIFT®, the new fantasy Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    Left* and I won't link it, but presuming you have the ability to use google you will be able to find it in a few moments, he now works for Zynga.
    Tried my best for a couple of minutes but still seeing nothing. It would have to be a very recent departure as he just made that dimensions contest video a couple of weeks back.

No results for "Hal Hanlin" Zynga even show up for the past month.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 03-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.

Making assertions and refusing to provide proof for said assertions is the mark of a troll, you know....
    As for the job posting, I fail to see why, regardless of the location, Trion would be seeking someone with FPS/RTS experience if they wanted someone for the Rift team. They have been open about having cash shops in their F2P games, while denying having plans to add one to Rift, so I don't see how it relates.
    If you have problems otherwise with Rift, then post constructive criticism like an intelligent person, or pick up your toys and go home.

Ascendant

The job posting could very well be for AA, it doesn't specify what game you would be working for so you can't just assume it's Rift.

Glass door reviews, ex employees. Not the most reliable source of opinion.

Everything else you state is subjective.

Why did you even post this? Can't you just move on rather than try and damage the game's image?

Whatever dudes. Free bagels once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Tried my best for a couple of minutes but still seeing nothing. It would have to be a very recent departure as he just made that dimensions contest video a couple of weeks back.

No results for "Hal Hanlin" Zynga even show up for the past month.
    Go look at his last Facebook comment.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    Whatever dudes. Free bagels once a week.
    Ain't nobody got time fo dat!

PLUSES

•SQL, SAS, and SPSS a plus
    •MMO / RTS gamer with F2P experience
    •Experience with statistical analysis, forecasting, data mining, financial analysis, game theory, and customer/product segmentation
    Here, MMO / RTS gamer, also they are not looking for a developer or any person for the developing team, but a product manager for the game they are going to publish, thus no need to have any connection to developing team.

Y u see what you want to see, and complain, seriously, use zem logic luke!
    Last edited by BadTouch; 03-04-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast