+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Blowing Off Steam!

Rift Disciple

Default Blowing Off Steam!

Often we have aggravating situations when we play. When this happens, we need to blow off steam.

Tell us your story of what happened in order to blow off steam. Also, feel free to comment, but please don't insult the posters.

Did you get ninja'ed?
    Did you DC at a critical time?
    Did something else bad happen?

Tell us what happened. It might help to get this aggravation off your chest.

Gone through soooooooo many artifact lures trying to get [Queen's Gambit Page 5] and camping the AH for a few weeks. It is the last artifact I need for the last SL puzzle I have not yet completed. Why don't you exist? WHY?! I can't even hold all the artifacts in my bags now when my auctions come up canceled. I have so many dang artifacts up there from going after this one, including 21+ from the puzzle set.

Terrible wf's usually result in me furiously brushing my cat while chain smoking on the porch.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Rift Disciple

It was Superbowl Sunday and I was grouped in an instance.
    Shortly after a boss fight began, one guy says, "I have to go afk. I'm watching the Superbowl. I'm moving to a safe place now."

I have no problem with people watching TV while grouped. I do it all the time, but I put the game first, especially during a boss fight.

We won the fight, but the group split up right after that.

I KEEP GETTING PULLED IN AND KILLED IN CONQUEST.

EVERYBODY RUNS WHEN I TRY TO BUFF.

I GET SILENCED AND STUNNED WHEN I USE VIRTUOSO.

NEVER GET A B-REZ AS RAID BARD.

MY GIRLFRIEND IS PREGNANT.
    Last edited by Delmlord; 02-23-2013 at 07:54 PM.
    Rehashed, reskinned content =/= Exciting new content
    Retired from Rift thanks to Square E getting their stuff together

Quote Originally Posted by Delmlord View Post

Welcome to hell, endless sleepless nights and diapers await you >.>
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Plane Walker

I have a game with trolls that are trolling by keeping a "I'm superior" mindset while being polite chatting to them. Game is over when the name calling starts and I get a kick out of victory over keeping it civil. Pro tip, keep in mind that what they say is an opinion and they're an idiot in your eyes, you're just proving them wrong nonchalantly while keeping a good mood.. Usually you're spot on at the idiot part and have a fun time feeling superior.

Oh, and bluntly state you won (again, politely) when the name calling starts and shine like a super nova next to a hunk of turd.
    No one can make you feel like an idiot except yourself. By this I mean smart up or shut up.

At the end of 2011, my (then) current guild merged with another guild that we thought would help us get into raiding. One of the officers in said guild was really nice -- she even made me a piece of armour for free.

Then one day she turned NASTY. She would poke fun at me without reason, yet start beating me whenever I did the same to her. She didn't keep her promises, continued making unkind jokes, and slowly caused our guild to fall apart.

We eventually transferred to Seastone, and she and some of her friends left the guild. I took a break from the game over spring and summer to play lotro again, and didn't return to Rift until Storm Legion.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, when I was just starting to get into conquest. I was just exiting the Nightfall base, when I saw a single enemy pc run by in the distance. I wondered, who could that be?

I clicked on the player....and immediately, a flood of unhappy memories washed over me. It was her. My heart skipped a beat; then, deciding it needed to make up for lost time, began beating so fast I'm surprised it didn't come out of my chest like a chestburster.

I did some research, and found out that not only is this woman back for Storm Legion, but she brought two of her lackeys back with her. And, to top it off, all three of them have joined one of the world's top pvp/pve progression guilds, and are easily breezing through content that my current guild is struggling with. Be still my beating fists.

As if that weren't enough, a few days after that, I saw her in my cq team. She was following the zerg around, but didn't dps the extractors. I inspected her, and found that she was wearing all pve gear, including two orange pieces.

The final blow came about a week ago, when I found myself in Karthan Ridge with her. She and I were on the same team. Give her some credit -- at least this time she was wearing all pvp gear, and keeping us healed.

There's my soul-crushing story for the day!
    Last edited by Berethron; 02-24-2013 at 03:46 PM.
    If you're going F2P, please do it right. Don't go back on your word.

Rift Disciple

Berethron, I'm sorry to hear that this happened.
    You said that she began being nice, and later turned mean and hateful.
    Maybe something happened in her life that caused problems, and made her angry and hateful.
    She began being nice. Maybe she became nice again.

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

I hate Steam as well. I used it once when I first learned about it and decided to play DDO a bit. Ultimately, I did not like it so I blew it off as well.

My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

A truck driver would have told you to tarp your load.

But now you're this
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

That is moment, dad of 3 here and wouldn't have it any other way. Stop watching what media says you should behave like, having kids is one of the best things ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Terrible wf's usually result in me furiously brushing my cat while chain smoking on the porch.
    I used to do this. Cat fur is surprisingly flammable.

I got into a great speed TOTDQ group, and then BSOD, and thousands of bad blocks on the HDD.

Now I gotta order a new drive and wait while I can't play rift... :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    I used to do this. Cat fur is surprisingly flammable.
    Oh gosh, tell me nothing bad happened to the poor cat. Smoking is just all around a bad idea, any who does should try to quit. I say this for your own benefit too...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast