+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Astro A40 - Does anyone own these?

Default Astro A40 - Does anyone own these?

In short im looking for a new headset my G930 keeps buggin out on me.

Does anyone own them?
    How do they feel after hours on your head?
    Sound quality?
    Is the mic quality good?

Price is not an issue on my end i just want a great set since I wear them a few hours a day

http://www.astrogaming.com/a40-audio...-astro-edition
    Last edited by daphat79; 02-06-2013 at 09:31 AM.

I have a pair of A50s, the wireless version of A40, they have pretty good sound quality and support 7.1 dolby.

Do upgrade the firmware asap though. There are annoying beeps when the set is low on battery (A50)

Also if you get white noise, adjust the volume wheel on the A50 itself, not sure if applicable to A40

I have pretty big ears and I find them pretty comfortable though I have no idea how to adjust the height of the pads, probably using a screwdriver.

Though the earpads are not leather like the 930, they are cool and my ears don't sweat.

Overall I feel they are an upgrade over the 930.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    I have a pair of A50s, the wireless version of A40, they have pretty good sound quality and support 7.1 dolby.

Do upgrade the firmware asap though. There are annoying beeps when the set is low on battery (A50)

Also if you get white noise, adjust the volume wheel on the A50 itself, not sure if applicable to A40

I have pretty big ears and I find them pretty comfortable though I have no idea how to adjust the height of the pads, probably using a screwdriver.

Though the earpads are not leather like the 930, they are cool and my ears don't sweat.

Overall I feel they are an upgrade over the 930.
    Thanks for the replay..

Anyone else with some input?

Im trying to stay away from wireless.

I can't speak for the Astro A40's, but I've always been impressed by the Plantronics headsets, particularly the Gamecom series -- I'm currently using a 777 which is discontinued... but I do hear good things about the 780.

Comfortable, good quality sound and mic. Sennheiser is probably still the go-to brand for ultimate quality... and high pricing. But for about $80, the Gamecom stuff is great. I can wear them all day.
    Abbess, Petals of Mariel-Taun
    Avatar provided kindly by Cakuu! <3

Gifted these to the boyfriend the jesusmas before last and he adores them. I steal them from time to time for console play -- ridiculously comfortable after hours, sound quality is amazing. A40 does have the wired tentacles which makes it sort of irritating when you switch it between PC and console, but doable.

The control for the mic seems to bug out with XBOX voice sometimes where it won't mute correctly, but seems not to do it on PC (I also think they may have fixed this with newer models). You can toggle voice and game independently with the mixer. You can opt to use boom or in line mic, but there's really no reason to use anything other than boom (just mentioned if you get them and people think you've fallen down a well.)

Just don't run over a wire with the vacuum cleaner (not me :P) or you'll be shelling out for overpriced items only sold by Astro.

Quote Originally Posted by Annalea View Post
    Sennheiser is probably still the go-to brand for ultimate quality... and high pricing.

Recovering Rogue, gone Cleric (to summate, a masochist)

+ Reply to Thread