+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: World of Dumbcraft

Rift Chaser

Default World of Dumbcraft

From the patch notes for a certain other game:

To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.

Could it get any more dumb???

Link?
    But hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha if true
    Even free cost too much now

Rift Chaser

You want the link, you got the link (full patch notes)

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...es-january-30/

maybe if at the 10th try the raid couldnt kill the boss.Boss will suicide
    Last edited by simpa1988; 02-02-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

And people thought removing fall damage was dumbing down the game.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    maybe if at the 10th try the raid couldnt kill the boss.Boss will suicide
    Not these scrubs again! /wrist...

Prophet of Telara

Why not just give the kids loot when they log in ?

Rift Chaser

Yes WOW appears to be catering to the ultra casual player, but don't laugh too hard look what has happened here.
    • You no longer need to wait and/or earn your souls, you get every one of them at character creation
    • Holding your breath has been substantially increased
    • No falling Damage
    • Cross faction grouping
    • Cross faction players can now be in the same guild
    • You can buy items (admittedly limited) directly from Trion such as the Tiger Mount
    I submit that Rift is being dumbed down as well.
    Last edited by Wylf; 02-03-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Wylf View Post
    Yes WOW appears to be catering to the ultra casual player, but don't laugh too hard look what has happened here.
    • You no longer need to wait and/or earn your souls, you get every one of them at character creation
    • No falling Damage
    • Cross faction grouping
    • You can buy items (admittedly limited) directly from Trion such as the Tiger Mount
    Agree with your points apart from cross-faction. I dont view that as dumbing down, just a shrinking player base.

Plane Walker

• No falling Damage
    • Cross faction grouping
    I was sad to see the quests go.

Underwater breathing..was never really an issue for me either way.

Falling damage..it being removed dumbed down traveling.

Cross faction players blahblah..really didn't change gameplay at all..just gave us more people to group and raid with.

Buying a mount..meh. If it were the only way to get a mount, I'd be upset. If it were the fastest mount, I'd be upset. It's a mount like any other..just a different skin attached to it..so 'meh'.

The only real difference in playability you've noted is falling damaged. It's a mistake on Trion's part, I agree with you..the rest of your 'points', if I can call them that, are you just trying to find things to complain about.

• No falling Damage
    • Cross faction grouping
    All of these are changes that makes the game more fun, for me at least

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post
    From the patch notes for a certain other game:

To encourage Raid Finder groups to persevere, each time an Raid Finder group wipes on a boss fight all players in the group receives a stacking buff that increases health, damage dealt, and healing done by 5% (up to a maximum of 10 stacks). This buff is cleared once the boss has been killed.

Could it get any more dumb???
    I think something like that change is better than outright nerfing the content, just look at all the people unhappy about the crucia nerfs - before that it was laethys and akylios

you have no choice now, you do the nerfed version and will never have the option to do the original fights

an optional stacking buff mechanic nerfs the encounters for those who need the extra help without nerfing the encounter for those who don't

the nerfs are going to come anyway so why not do it in a way that allows people to choose

/flamesuit on

Rift Chaser

Jebasi asked “are you just trying to find things to complain about”

My short answer is no, in fact I did not have to think about my post, it just came out. I started playing Rift during the original Beta. I enjoyed it, and found that it was challenging at times even at the lower levels. I had to leave for personal reasons but when I came back I was surprised, not that there were changes (of course i expected that), but that the game was so much easier. I should have mentioned that the beginning area is SO easy, it is almost a joke. I am sure there are many other nerfs I could think of if I just wanted to complain. I was simply trying to point out that before we toss stones at WOW, let’s be sure Rift is not heading in the same direction. But to address a couple of comments about my original post;
    I will back off the cross player grouping comment, I read the comments and agree with y’all.

My problem with buying a mount is not only is it too easy but also that it appears to be a Toe in the Water towards FTP.

Standing alone individually, swimming, falling, & no quest for souls seem harmless enough, but collectively I suggest it is clearly a dumbing down of the game.

Cross Faction Guilds, smacks’ of eating your cake and having it too. You don’t have to make a choice as to which side you are going to align with. Sure many, if not most of us, play toons on both sides, somehow though it seems too easy and feels as though it is part of the dumbing down problem.
    It will be interesting to see if future updates of the game continue along these same lines.

Ascendant

This will do nothing to help LFR in WoW. The mechanics for LFR in MoP have been neutered compared to the normal versions. The first boss in the LFR tier is three (or fours) dofs who on normal would wipe your raid but on LFR they can be grouped up by ONE tank and then the rest of the raid stacked and cleave them down. The only way people fail at LFR is if they have no clue what they are doing and if a increased throughput buff fixes that then the mechanics are pointless and it's not raiding.

To be a raid you need co-ordination and a proper raid leader not a (usually clueless) guy who ticked a box. LFR is WoW is deeply flawed and I hope Trion ignore suggestions to bring such a system to RIFT as it's doomed to fail.

If you want a laugh loof for LFR Elegon and see more than half the raid fall through the floor once it disappears.

Gawd, what a genre. It started out one way and now has changed so much. Each month it just seems to get more and more pathetic.

My guess is that corporate involvement has forced their hands (most developers) to create games that appeal to the widest audience possible, but at the cost of being progressively more 'blah' and unchallenging (in the corporate world they call that 'accessible').

Stick a fork in the Pile of Sh*t called MMO.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast