+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kayote
  • 1 Post By Redcruxs

Thread: States that stay warm all year around?

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Default States that stay warm all year around?

So warm is classified as 68 degrees Fahrenheit, by my definition or who does NOT own a snowblower/snow shovel??
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

I have never seen snow in my life :P

Hurray Florida.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Yup, FL. South FL to be exact. Had only about 4 days that would even be remotely considered cold this "winter " (if you can call it that) so far. Even then a thin jacket on top of the usual clothes was more than enough. Not that Id recommend this swamp to anyone but.... /shrug
    Last edited by Kayote; 02-01-2013 at 06:49 AM.

Let me tell you a story about rust.....

Guess where I live?
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Hawaii

Roughly speaking, there are two seasons: from November through April the climate is cooler and more humid, with daily high temperatures of about 81F and lows of 65F at night. More rain falls during the cooler season, but there are also many lovely sunny days. From June through October the climate is warmer and drier with daily high temperatures of about 84F and lows of 70F at night. Most people divide the year into two climate periods - the Dry Season and the Humid Season.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Florida's four seasons are tourist season, lovebug season, hurricane season, and summer.
    Beep Beep Ima Jeep@Deepwood http://http://beepbeep.guildlaunch.com
    Asaomar Lv 60 Rogue Tank[Main]-Miniderps Lv 60 Cleric Tank[Alt]-Shederps Lv 60 Mage[Alt]
    Boss Kill videos | My Live Stream
    All T1 Content ClearedGrim Awakening 4/4, Infinity Gate 2/3, Planebreaker Bastion 3/5

Ascendant

Texas has a pretty consistent temperature (see: drought) but without the temperature loss of being in the desert.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

having been born and growing up in florida, now living in louisiana, I can tell you for sure louisiana or florida are where you want to be.

Louisiana seasons: Nice but rainy(flooding) -> Hot1 -> HOLY **** I'M MELTING -> Hot2

Central Florida seasons: Chilly(60 min.) -> hot -> HOTTER -> nice

South Florida seasons: Hot -> SURFACE OF THE SUN (only 2 seasons)

EDIT: actually I take it back, florida and louisiana only have one season (74 deg F) because I stay inside all the time. Its too hot to go outside
    Last edited by Redcruxs; 02-05-2013 at 09:05 AM.

Plane Touched

Fort Lauderdale Florida here

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    having been born and growing up in florida, now living in louisiana, I can tell you for sure louisiana or florida are where you want to be.

Louisiana seasons: Nice but rainy(flooding) -> Hot1 -> HOLY **** I'M MELTING -> Hot2

Central Florida seasons: Chilly(60 min.) -> hot -> HOTTER -> nice

South Florida seasons: Hot -> SURFACE OF THE SUN (only 2 seasons)

EDIT: actually I take it back, florida and louisiana only have one season (74 deg F) because I stay inside all the time. Its too hot to go outside

lol

According to currentresults
    http://www.currentresults.com/Weathe...st-weather.php

these states have the 'best' weather taking into account temperatures between 63 and 86 degree avg highs for seven or more months of the year, dry weather, and mainly clear skies.
    1. California (mainly Socal for warm/dry)
    2. Hawaii (Honolulu)
    3. Texas (Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Del Rio, Victoria)
    4. Arizona (Tuscon- but its really hot in summer)
    5. Florida (is really warm, but more wet than usual- it says Key West is very good on sun/rain though)
    6. Georgia
    7. South Carolina
    8. Delaware
    9. North Carolina
    10. Louisiana

Of course its kind of subjective though, although I guess it may be what most ppl consider good weather. Personally I love rain, storms, and cool air though :P
    Last edited by Inixia; 02-05-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Ideally, you would be looking for an inland tropical region with plenty of rivers surrounded on all sides by mountains within about 30 degrees of the equator. Oceans bring odd weather. Mountains help prevent high and low pressure systems from crossing. Humidity slows temperature change and rivers help to cool off an otherwise too high temperature tropical region. Seasons are more pronounced the further you get from the path of the sun which is why 30 degrees is the furthest north/south you'll want to go. Now... find a place that matches that description and I'll be the first to move there

Much of the northern Amazon, parts of Central America and Africa, and some of the southern Indonesian islands are about as close as you'll get to finding that "perfect" location and they're definitely good starting points for an epic search.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

Or just move Down Under. It's pretty amazing.
    Nope.

+ Reply to Thread