+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archeage Online full PvP?

Default Archeage Online full PvP?

Since the Trion site for this game is not yet operational, I'm hoping to find some answers here. Does anyone know how PvP functions in Archeage? All I could find was 2 year old speculation, nothing concrete. Maybe someone here has had better luck gleaning this info from the sordid mess that is the interwebs.

Will Archeage have PvE servers or is it just PvP and I need not worry about buying it at all?
    Whether the glass is half full or half empty, there is still only half there.

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Since the Trion site for this game is not yet operational, I'm hoping to find some answers here. Does anyone know how PvP functions in Archeage? All I could find was 2 year old speculation, nothing concrete. Maybe someone here has had better luck gleaning this info from the sordid mess that is the interwebs.

Will Archeage have PvE servers or is it just PvP and I need not worry about buying it at all?
    try the MMORPG forums for information.

However all servers will have PvP and in addition to normal PvP style action there is considerable incentive (designed that way) for ganking of people who do not want to PvP. Choke points for the delivery of harvested materials that work as traps for you to be ganked and the materials turned in by the ganker for reward. Land shortages that force people into fighting for plots that may become available due to tax forfeiture, sieges of player housing outside of the limited 'protected' zones etc.

So while it is a sandbox it is a sandbox built within a paint ball battle zone.
    Last edited by millie; 01-31-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

Ah, so basically just move on. Find another game. I have no interest in being ganked. Sucks that we can't find a decent pve sandbox mmo. When are game devs going to learn that not everyone wants to run around being ganked all the time?

Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    Ah, so basically just move on. Find another game. I have no interest in being ganked. Sucks that we can't find a decent pve sandbox mmo. When are game devs going to learn that not everyone wants to run around being ganked all the time?
    .... well probably because there are so many people out there who love to run around ganking everyone, and they make a lot of noise about how much fun PvP is. Being ganked is not fun, but you must know the gankers are chortling away particularly if you send them a tell or complain publicly in chat.
    There are eight species of Bear (Ursidae): Arctos, Americanus, Thibetanus, Maritimus, Helarctos, Melonleuca, Ornatus, Malayanus, Ursinus.
    Koalas are not one of them, not even close.

Oh, I understand that many people enjoy making other players miserable. I just hope that Trion implements a PvE server. It's a beautiful game and it would be a shame to be marketed for only one group of gamer and completely shut out another large part of the market.

Rift Chaser

Soon as I found out it was forced pvp like that crappy Aion I stopped following this game:P also from what I hear it has no proper raiding either, which is a shame since the game looks pretty good.

+ Reply to Thread