+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 1 Post By WormRunner

Thread: Anything is too vague, everything is too inclusive

Default Anything is too vague, everything is too inclusive

I really think that "anything" is too vague and unspecific; it's hard to do something about "anything" without more details. And "everything" is too broad; it's arguably specific, in that it specifies, well, everything... But that just means it specifies a bunch of things incorrectly.

(... because someone said people on these forums will complain "about anything and everything". CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

And the weather is too weathery.

and the fruitcake of the year award goes to .*drumroll*...the_real_seebs

kayne west: seebs i am really happy for you and i'll let you finish, but ghostcrawler is the biggest fruitcake of all time... OF ALL TIME!
    Last edited by Amethyriel; 01-25-2013 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I really think that "anything" is too vague and unspecific; it's hard to do something about "anything" without more details. And "everything" is too broad; it's arguably specific, in that it specifies, well, everything... But that just means it specifies a bunch of things incorrectly.

(... because someone said people on these forums will complain "about anything and everything". CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.)
    i'll put it to you this way. When you try to be everything everybody, you end up being nothing to nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Methadras View Post
    i'll put it to you this way. When you try to be everything everybody, you end up being nothing to nobody.
    While true, that is not all of the reason why Tabula Rasa sucked.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

Quote Originally Posted by Amethyriel View Post
    and the fruitcake of the year award goes to .*drumroll*...the_real_seebs

kayne west: seebs i am really happy for you and i'll let you finish, but ghostcrawler is the biggest fruitcake of all time... OF ALL TIME!
    I only found out about that thing because someone posted this lovely retelling of the Wrathgate event in WotLK using it.

Putress: Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?
    Kanye West: *bamfs in* Exuse me, I'm really happy for you, and I'ma let you finish, but Arthas had the best betrayal of all time. OF ALL TIME! *bamfs out*
    Arthas: Wut?
    Putress: Did you... no, nevermind, I've lost the mood, I'm going to go sulk in Undercity.

(Oversimplified; the original was much better, but was posted on the old forums, and thus deleted.)

That was the day I felt like it had not been a matter of painful stupidity to read the WoW forums.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Well i know you can be overwhelmed, and you can be underwhelmed....but can anyone just be whelmed?

Yet this porridge is just right.

+ Reply to Thread