+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: For Archage give us 1 server with faction PvP instead of FFA PvP Trion

  1. #1
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,000

    Default For Archage give us 1 server with faction PvP instead of FFA PvP Trion

    For once I would like a nice sandbox MMO with faction PvP instead of FFA PvP.
    Well Trion World is making some changes to Archeage for the western version. Well how about one of those changes is to have a server with 3 faction PvP ruleset rather than FFA like the other servers? I would play on that server rather than others. I like Faction PvP in any PvP game I play.

    Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

  2. #2
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    I disagree. Sure we can both have different opinions, but since I am always right, you can treat

    my opinion as fact.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  3. #3
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    The game is not even a true sandbox, its much more analogous to a sandpark.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  4. #4
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    The game is not even a true sandbox, its much more analogous to a sandpark.
    well no game is full sandbox really unless its like Second Life in which players can do their own coding and modding.

    Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

  5. #5
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Not going to play it.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  6. #6
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    well no game is full sandbox really unless its like Second Life in which players can do their own coding and modding.
    The first 30 levels are strait themepark linear questing. There is a bit more freedom at endgame, but until that point it may aswell be WoW, just nowhere near as good. I will say the quests (even translating from Korean) are better than Rifts.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  7. #7
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    Not going to play it.
    cause of this idea or what?
    having a server with faction pvp ruleset makes it optional not to play on that server and play on FFA normal servers.

    people that like FFA can play on those regular servers. But I know lots more western MMO gamers avoid FFA MMOs for that ruleset alone. Having a Faction ruleset PvP server would make things fun for both groups of MMO consumers without effecting the other.

    Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

  8. #8
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    The first 30 levels are strait themepark linear questing. There is a bit more freedom at endgame, but until that point it may aswell be WoW, just nowhere near as good. I will say the quests (even translating from Korean) are better than Rifts.
    People call Skyrim a Sandbox. It basically the same thing as being a max level character in Rift.
    You have the freedom to go anywhere in Rift as a max level, and the freedom to do anything as a max level in Rift. nobody calls Rift a Sandbox. same thing in Skyrim.

    reality is, no game is full sandbox unless it allows coding like Second Life. PC version of Skyrim allows that. Although the console version is more popular selling and doesnt allow modding.

    Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara FoxMaiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    The first 30 levels are strait themepark linear questing. There is a bit more freedom at endgame, but until that point it may aswell be WoW, just nowhere near as good. I will say the quests (even translating from Korean) are better than Rifts.
    And with that, your bias is shown, but whatever.

    I agree with the OP that the game needs to have a pve server. Look at how horrible Aion did with its forced pvp after level 20 on all servers. Players like choices, and forcing pvp down your customers throats is not a good selling point.

    I like to have the option for pvp, because sometimes I am in the mood for it, I don't like having to deal with it all the time because the developers have a misguided idea that ffa pvp is just misunderstood and really isnt that bad.
    :: Ceileigh Amberlight - Dwarf Engineer :: Nimhue Amberlight - Dwarf Druid :: Faeblight ::


  10. #10
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    People call Skyrim a Sandbox. It basically the same thing as being a max level character in Rift.
    You have the freedom to go anywhere in Rift as a max level, and the freedom to do anything as a max level in Rift. nobody calls Rift a Sandbox. same thing in Skyrim.

    reality is, no game is full sandbox unless it allows coding like Second Life. PC version of Skyrim allows that. Although the console version is more popular selling and doesnt allow modding.
    Skyrim is a sandbox because past the initial tutorial you can completely skip the storyline and do as you please and still be part of the world. You still have valid character choices to make without going where the game leads you. You do not in Rift. You have the choice to grind or quest, and that is it effectively.

    Quote Originally Posted by FoxMaiden View Post
    And with that, your bias is shown, but whatever.

    I agree with the OP that the game needs to have a pve server. Look at how horrible Aion did with its forced pvp after level 20 on all servers. Players like choices, and forcing pvp down your customers throats is not a good selling point.
    LOL what bias?

    I like to have the option for pvp, because sometimes I am in the mood for it, I don't like having to deal with it all the time because the developers have a misguided idea that ffa pvp is just misunderstood and really isnt that bad.
    I am not arguing that the choice should not be offered at all. Merely attempting to correct op and his ignorant viewpoint of the game. During the Korean beta we were not offered a pve server, and honestly with how the game is designed and balanced currently its hard to say if Trion will even be offered the chance to make the changes needed for pve.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  11. #11
    Ascendant tro44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    Skyrim is a sandbox because past the initial tutorial you can completely skip the storyline and do as you please and still be part of the world. You still have valid character choices to make without going where the game leads you. You do not in Rift. You have the choice to grind or quest, and that is it effectively.
    In Rift you also dont have to follow a story. Hey even in GW2 and WoW you can totally skip story and do whatever the heck you want to. nobody forces you to do it, but its always there. just like in Skyrim, the story is always there. Everything built into the game by the developers has a story behind it, the same way as MMO like Rift and WoW and GW2. Only the PC version of Skyrim allows to change things because of modding. Console version which is the most selling version, does not allow this, hence its not a Sandbox at all. in Skyrim you have what choices, that are not also choices in Rift?



    Quote Originally Posted by livnthedream View Post
    I am not arguing that the choice should not be offered at all. Merely attempting to correct op and his ignorant viewpoint of the game. During the Korean beta we were not offered a pve server, and honestly with how the game is designed and balanced currently its hard to say if Trion will even be offered the chance to make the changes needed for pve.
    Well again, most MMO gamers dont like FFA. Most Sandbox MMO rarely step outside the FFA PvP box set by UO. And when they do, usually its because the game has no PvP at all.
    I like PvP, but I dont like FFA PvP. not liking FFA PvP is not the same as not liking PvP at all. I rather play Faction PvP than to play FFA PvP like Darkfall. Because it always leads to something worst down the road when buttholes ruin the game for others. just look at early Darkfall for this.
    Having a server with different PvP rulesets gives players the option to play how they like. this brings more players into the game, rather than forcing FFA PvP down the throat of everybody thats interesting in a Sandbox experience.

    Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

  12. #12
    Ascendant hardy83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Why is this on the Rift forums? Please lock this or move it to off-topic.
    Wait until there's an official NA ArchAge website to make suggestions.
    Last edited by hardy83; 01-24-2013 at 08:48 PM.

  13. #13
    General of Telara livnthedream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    In Rift you also dont have to follow a story. Hey even in GW2 and WoW you can totally skip story and do whatever the heck you want to. nobody forces you to do it, but its always there. just like in Skyrim, the story is always there. Everything built into the game by the developers has a story behind it, the same way as MMO like Rift and WoW and GW2. Only the PC version of Skyrim allows to change things because of modding. Console version which is the most selling version, does not allow this, hence its not a Sandbox at all. in Skyrim you have what choices, that are not also choices in Rift?
    You can effectively play just a crafter/trader pc in Skyrim, which is not a realistic choice in pretty much any themepark. That is part of the freedom you have access to as a solo based game, with semi-effective scaling content. You can still make effective marks on the world without questing/grinding and leveling up. That traditionally is what makes the difference between a sandbox and a themepark. There is really only one way to play Rift, go kill monsters. You do not have to kill anything past the tutorial in Skyrim to have a meaningful experience. There is a reason why Archage is said to have a 30 level tutorial afterall.

    Well again, most MMO gamers dont like FFA. Most Sandbox MMO rarely step outside the FFA PvP box set by UO. And when they do, usually its because the game has no PvP at all.
    I like PvP, but I dont like FFA PvP. not liking FFA PvP is not the same as not liking PvP at all. I rather play Faction PvP than to play FFA PvP like Darkfall. Because it always leads to something worst down the road when buttholes ruin the game for others. just look at early Darkfall for this.
    Having a server with different PvP rulesets gives players the option to play how they like. this brings more players into the game, rather than forcing FFA PvP down the throat of everybody thats interesting in a Sandbox experience.
    So? "Most players" have shown pretty conclusively that they do not like sandbox games either. The two stand outs in the industry are WoW and EvE, and compare the size of those playerbases! The point is, whatever playerbase they have aimed the existing game at may or may not include what you want it to be. In its current state it does not cater to you, and they have no responsibility to cater to you, no matter how much the tiny populace that visits forums begs/whines/threatens for it. Whether Trion is going to be given the power to develop those things is something we flat do not know at this point.
    "I did battle with ignorance today, and ignorance won."

  14. #14
    Rift Master nacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    678

    Default

    Yes, nothing says "sandbox" like artificially forcing allegiances among players.

    Factions were a mistake from the very beginning.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tro44 View Post
    cause of this idea or what?
    having a server with faction pvp ruleset makes it optional not to play on that server and play on FFA normal servers.

    people that like FFA can play on those regular servers. But I know lots more western MMO gamers avoid FFA MMOs for that ruleset alone. Having a Faction ruleset PvP server would make things fun for both groups of MMO consumers without effecting the other.
    Until this game's pvp is fixed, there's no way I'm going to spend more money on another trion game.

    That's why I'm not going to play it.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts