+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Earthrise

Default Earthrise

Anyone here following the mmo Earthrise?

Caught my attention a while ago and looks very promising, more so to me than Old Republic. Following it a little closer these days because of the announcement that they will definately be a subscription based game and not f2p or item shop based. Exactly the info I was waiting on confirmation of before I got my hopes up too much.

I dont normally get into sci fi mmo games but this has everything I usually look for. Its subscription based, is a real rpg with rpg mechanics, has crafting that appears to not be an afterthought, and well, the whole package just looks great overall.

EDIT

Nice overview of the game found here in a recent article:
    http://www.massively.com/2010/09/17/...-of-earthrise/
    Last edited by Kuldorn; 09-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

I too am interested in it, but I remain cautiously skeptical as well. But from all the information it looks like it could be a great scifi game.
    Crowl - Bahmi Justicar/Shaman/Purifier Tank
    Aramon Alshan 32 Riftstalker/34 Nightblade PVP setup
    Sunrest RP-PVP
    Foe's Watch

I have an eye on that one too, after seeing the Combat of Xsyon, i get completly focus on earthrise :P

I took a peek at this one just the other day. I'm not big on sci-fi games, but it doesn't look awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Grovak View Post
    I took a peek at this one just the other day. I'm not big on sci-fi games, but it doesn't look awful.
    Same here, heard about it the other day, and today went to check it out. Seems good. Plus I am a fan of Sci-Fi. SO will keep an eye on the game. However The best Sci-Fi single player game to play is Spore... Loads of fun.
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

I've been kindof following it for a while. It seems to have many features that people are demanding here, such as a very extensive crafting system and more depth due to the sandbox style.

It is the same Bulgarian dev studio that are developing ER that will appearently be developing Fallout MMO as well. Have to say, there haven't been alot of info coming out of ER, but we will see how it turns out

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    I've been kindof following it for a while. It seems to have many features that people are demanding here, such as a very extensive crafting system and more depth due to the sandbox style.

It is the same Bulgarian dev studio that are developing ER that will appearently be developing Fallout MMO as well. Have to say, there haven't been alot of info coming out of ER, but we will see how it turns out
    Oh I didnt know that at all, probably because ive not really been following the title anywhere near as closely as I am Rift. The only screens ive seen of the fallout mmo look very underwhelming to say the least though, like its done by a whole other company, looks nothing like as polished as Earthrise does or even in the same kind of style as it looks a bit cartoony (of course yes its super early in FOmmo lifespan).

I'll definately be watching Earthrise though over the coming months.

The skill tree system (as opposed to levels) seems a lot like SWG.

What made me leave SWG was that I ran out of skill points to spend and could no longer improve my character. I found that to be worse than reaching a level cap.

As I've gotton older and more experienced in the MMO genre, sandbox features have been getting more interesting to me - on paper. I'm drawn to EVE, I've tried Darkfall and Fallen Earth and loved those. Usually, my interest drop due to time factors since I am really competitive. DF has flaws but in essence I couldn't take the macroing - if macroing is possible the game has failed, especially for a newnie. I have to say I loved everything in the DF beta except the UI and the knowledge of the need of macroing (or need of unemployment).

Earthrise is another chance to be an early member of a sandbox game and it is extremely interesting on paper. With a 90% probability in my mind, it will have severe flaws that make me feel that my time is completely wasted, but I am still following it since it has somewhat similar investment-reward as Rift. Swtor and gw, I know I won't play those because of personal interest but ER has 1 one chance.

Quote Originally Posted by charlionfire View Post
    As I've gotton older and more experienced in the MMO genre, sandbox features have been getting more interesting to me - on paper. I'm drawn to EVE, I've tried Darkfall and Fallen Earth and loved those. Usually, my interest drop due to time factors since I am really competitive. DF has flaws but in essence I couldn't take the macroing - if macroing is possible the game has failed, especially for a newnie. I have to say I loved everything in the DF beta except the UI and the knowledge of the need of macroing (or need of unemployment).

Earthrise is another chance to be an early member of a sandbox game and it is extremely interesting on paper. With a 90% probability in my mind, it will have severe flaws that make me feel that my time is completely wasted, but I am still following it since it has somewhat similar investment-reward as Rift. Swtor and gw, I know I won't play those because of personal interest but ER has 1 one chance.
    Ive become the same actually, with regard to sandbox playstyle being a preferred choice these days. Problem is there really isnt a premier title that is sandbox unfortunately. I would have loved Rift to be that title but its not to be sadly, I will just enjoy Rift for what it is.

I may give fallen earth a try for a little while, as something to do. Ive gone kinda very casual in my current mmo in anticipation of a potential Rift beta invite, as I really want to devote as much free time as I can to that if I can get in, but in the meantime I think i'll have a look at Fallen Earth.

EDIT
    Found a nice new interview about the game Earthrise going into some nice details here:
    http://www.massively.com/2010/09/17/...-of-earthrise/
    Last edited by Kuldorn; 09-17-2010 at 11:33 PM.

I'm adding it to the list of things to keep an eye on.

Thanks for the post. Earthrise wasn't on my watch list but i think I'll add it. It looks like a promising game.

"Words May Dazzle, But Actions Will Tell"

My biggest concern is the lack of a cap on skills. This lead to a huge problem in Darkfall. The devs in that game are still trying to figure out how to easily integrate new players. The vets who were there from the start are so far ahead and will continue to be ahead of the new players. Ultimately new players give up and leave realizing that they will never be able to beat these long term vets. The devs have started to increase the skill gains to new players and decrease the skill gains to vets. It has made for a lot of unhappy players.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    My biggest concern is the lack of a cap on skills. This lead to a huge problem in Darkfall. The devs in that game are still trying to figure out how to easily integrate new players. The vets who were there from the start are so far ahead and will continue to be ahead of the new players. Ultimately new players give up and leave realizing that they will never be able to beat these long term vets. The devs have started to increase the skill gains to new players and decrease the skill gains to vets. It has made for a lot of unhappy players.
    Yes this was my biggest gripe when trying out DF just recently. Awesome game, but I felt like I would never catch up, and adding to that, I felt I had to afk-macro to get anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Toughluck View Post
    Hmm I hope they rethink this posture. Especially after seeing it fail (in a way) on another game. SOunds great when you start out, but like you say, it completely disregards people who dont start at launch, a bad move. Everything else about this game mostly sounds great, would be a shame to see it fail because of one mechanic.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast