+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Friar Tuck
  • 2 Post By Redius

Thread: Vale. The careening pig.

Default Vale. The careening pig.

(I'm putting this here, because it seemed a bit too frivolous for General Discussion even tho it is Rift related).

Friends, who remembers the careening pig? I speak of the Ranger pet that used to fly through the air and bonk into things, come to a dead halt, embarrassedly dust itself off (I'm sure it did), then continue its charge to the target.

I am absolutely bereft that the pet pathing for the flying pig appears to have been fixed in the 12 months I've been away! My pig would frequently bonk into trees, fence posts - any inanimate object really - between him and the mob I was fighting. And I laughed like a drain every single time it happened I loved it! Now, alas, he keeps his charge quite low to the ground and relatively sedate.

A moment's silence for the wild, carefree, crash-helmet-wearing flying piggies of yesteryear...
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    (I'm putting this here, because it seemed a bit too frivolous for General Discussion even tho it is Rift related).

Friends, who remembers the careening pig? I speak of the Ranger pet that used to fly through the air and bonk into things, come to a dead halt, embarrassedly dust itself off (I'm sure it did), then continue its charge to the target.

I am absolutely bereft that the pet pathing for the flying pig appears to have been fixed in the 12 months I've been away! My pig would frequently bonk into trees, fence posts - any inanimate object really - between him and the mob I was fighting. And I laughed like a drain every single time it happened I loved it! Now, alas, he keeps his charge quite low to the ground and relatively sedate.

A moment's silence for the wild, carefree, crash-helmet-wearing flying piggies of yesteryear...
    If you had a video of this, I would gladly watch it.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

Agh! No!

All the things that I was told I could have "when pigs fly", and I didn't know to go claim them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

God speed, you magnificent son of a *****.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

If you had a video of this, I would gladly watch it.
    On the offchance, I googled and found one immortalised in an official promotional video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZRQE_m34Sw
    At about 1:41, the pig is standing nonchalantly in the centre of the arena, before launching itself sideways thru the air at a mob hidden behind one of the pillars.

It doesn't bonk into anything, but it made me nostalgic.

y u no Pouncing Pig, Trion?!
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

+ Reply to Thread