+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Deleting and Moving On

Default Deleting and Moving On

Do any of you ever just feel like deleting all of your toons and moving on to other things? Essentially making a clean break from Trion: Rift and leaving it all behind?

I'm not saying that I'm deleting my toons but lately (the last couple of months) I've been struggling to find a connection to the game. Storm Legion is horrible in my honest opinion - the dungeons are atrocious as are the raids, plus many of the changes they've made to distinguish Storm Legion from Rift are really <!>ing stupid.

For instance, at level 50 suddenly all the crafting materials that were relevent and necessary have no place of any kind in Storm Legion. You still get these materials here and there as you play but they're completely useless. Plus when it comes to the new crafting you need absurd amounts of multiple materials and have to pay through out your >!< for the vendor mats to make ^!^. Seriously, WT<!>?

Add to this that no one, NO ONE, runs ANY of the old dungeons or raids anymore. There are WAY too many different currencies that are completely useless as they do not buy ANYTHING ingame that high leveled players need. Port pricing is idiotic especially within zones. And the zones themselves seem like they were put together by unpaid interns who were more interested in having the work experience to put on their resumes than to actually create a new world that matched or surpassed the old one.

Again, I'm not saying that I'm going to delete all my toons, I guess I'd rather they sit dormant until the game goes free to play and then I have toons already waiting for me then. I'm just curious if anyone else has been feeling/ thinking the same thing, too.

If you are, please post a response. I'd like to know your feelings/ thoughts.

Thank you.
    If you're feeling down maybe one of these links will cheer you up. Only one way to know for certain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noneMROp_E8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdtm1Ezu3ro

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

All the old crafted gear were way easy to obtain anyways; the new ones aren't all that bad either considering you have 10 levels worth of time to get the materials for them and to make money. The expansion raised the level cap so of course the old end game content becomes stagnant. You can get gear that are upgrades within a few levels after 50. In game currency has been streamlined quite a bit and I don't fumble over it like I used to. I don't really see what your gripes with the games are.

I can get where you are coming from, it is feeling more like a grindy grind than it used to be. But I am just returning to work after a 6 yr hiatus due to a near death experience and putting myself back together, so I am playing less an less all the time, even though I am subbed up till feb 2014.

Many of the guild I was in have just stopped playing, a once full friends list seems perma grey, and whilst we still have 7 or 8 on at times, it just feels annoying at times, as most of them have left due to what they felt after a week was just a grind on SL release... that and the decisions Trion made on several things on class, materials, mining nodes, nerfing fishing after certain groups had abused it etc etc.

That said, I still like Rift, just not as much as I once did, it is going to take a back seat and be more than casually casual for me from now on.

Like you said, I agree on the crafting, that got totally stupid and was handled bad, the materials are just silly.

Warriors were handled badly to, luckily I am an altaholic and had 10 50s at SL release, so wasnt that effected.

All in all, I would never delete my alts to move on, heck, I still have all my WoW alts even though I havent played in some time, used to do a month here and there for a break and friends once in a while, but havent bothered with MoP so probably wont be going back there... but still wont delete them... just in case... you know, they actually go back to what it used to be before it got kiddiefied so much, I know, it's hoping for a lot, but maybe hehe.

So, no, don't delete them, you never know if you will be back, some friends might give it a go, you might come and play with them, you might just have wanted a break, you might just be to busy, but unless Trion goes down or WW3 happens and they get nuked or EMP'd then they will always be there should you want to come back. I for one think that Trion will get there, yes they have made more than a few bad calls with SL, but they will claw it back once they have got Defiance out of the door, which I think is one of the problems they are experiencing at the moment.
    Last edited by Kelvenaru; 01-15-2013 at 12:11 PM.

I've played a lot of MMOs, dating back to the 1990s. The only game I ever deleted all my characters when I left was World of Warcraft (deleted four level 85 characters in top PvP and raid gear).

Most MMOs simply change and either you like the change or you don't. There's always a chance you'll reconsider or find that you miss the community and want to give it another try.

For me, World of Warcraft was a game I would never return to. The community was simply too infested with bad apples to enjoy. I rarely spoke at all in the game, but the level of tolerance for bad behavior you had to develop was not worth the fee.

Ive never deleted my characters. Even if i know i will never play them again, i still invested time into them and would not have the heart to do it.

There are times where games are being migrated and i make sure my characters gets migrated as well. I put time into it and would rather it stay in limbo forever, than to lose it.

I think if you decide to go, you should delete all your toons otherwise you won't be able to make a clean break and it'll be too easy to keep coming back.

I still have all of my game saves from my N64 (I worked hard on Banjoo and Kazooie!) as well as floppy disks from personal data from the late 90s.

I'd never delete anything (or character) that I spent a large amount of time working on.

Ascendant

you forgot to mention that rift will go f2p soon!

People complain to complain sometimes.

I won't be deleting, and I'm subbed til May 2014, but if I don't get suddenly enthused about something in the next year (that's a lot of time!), I may be moving on.

That's several patches of waiting, so it's fine. I do my dailies and questing and dungeons and such, when I can :P

Ascendant

I will never, ever delete a character ever again. That's too much time invested.
    Regardless of what happens, people will always be unhappy. Be thankful for what you have and always be constructive.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Poster View Post
    good or the best
    This quote offers insight into why there are so many perceived balance issues. To some, it doesn't matter how good something is; if it isn't the best, it isn't worth using.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Carnalpleasure View Post
    People complain to complain sometimes.
    and post just to post, often.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    All the old crafted gear were way easy to obtain anyways; the new ones aren't all that bad either considering you have 10 levels worth of time to get the materials for them and to make money. The expansion raised the level cap so of course the old end game content becomes stagnant. You can get gear that are upgrades within a few levels after 50. In game currency has been streamlined quite a bit and I don't fumble over it like I used to. I don't really see what your gripes with the games are.
    Old crafted gear, if you mean the lvl 50 epics, were certainly NOT way too easy to craft. Perhaps they became easy to obtain (AH) towards the release of SL.

If you don't see what the OP gripes are, then try reading again.
    If you don't agree with the gripes then that's different, but not what you said.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    you forgot to mention that rift will go f2p soon!
    Unfortunately it won't be. Rift is doing well enough as it is to make you wait a few more years for F2P.

Have a nice wait.
    \

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Woftam View Post
    Old crafted gear, if you mean the lvl 50 epics, were certainly NOT way too easy to craft. Perhaps they became easy to obtain (AH) towards the release of SL.

If you don't see what the OP gripes are, then try reading again.
    If you don't agree with the gripes then that's different, but not what you said.
    LvL 50 epics were easy to craft. I would spend 10 plat and have 1 piece crafted for me (yes with augment). I would not say that crafting at level 50 is an issue for Storm Legion as that game is 51-60... not 50.
    \

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast