+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: You have never been in a guild like this.

Default You have never been in a guild like this.

There is a lot of guild out there. A lot of much larger guilds. A lot of much more active guilds. But you will never find a guild like this, anywhere, ever.

We're a family, a very casual one at that. As things are the guild is a big part of all of our lives, has been for over a decade for some of us. So much so, that some of us put have it displayed on their flesh.

These tatoos are not finished, the bottom one has just been started.

We realize that this is not appealing to everyone and that a lot of you will have some strong reactions to these photos. Please take into account the feelings of the person on the photo before you post.

People on the photos are adults.

Thank you all & see you on the fields of Telara ;)
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 01-11-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!
    Recruiting Thread - Website

If the above links will not work for any reason here are the link to the photos:
    http://www.blamebot.com/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;pic=111

http://www.gunbad.com/GW2/albums/use...4/IMAG0219.jpg

Let me try linking from my blog instead:
    http://www.blamebot.com/gallery/1_11_01_13_1_18_22.jpeg
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 01-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
    Sinister Savant is a no stress PvE & leveling guild on Hailol. Everyone is welcome, join us today!

Hmm well I can't get the photos to show up, anyone has any ideas what I can do?

Photo #1 - http://www.blamebot.com/index.php?ac...a=view;pic=111
    Photo #2 - http://www.blamebot.com/index.php?ac...a=view;pic=112

I was going to just edit my previous post but by the time i figured it all out 5 minutes were up and apparently I can't edit my posts after 5 minutes.
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 01-11-2013 at 11:20 AM.

photo's in the first post are showing up for me, it takes a minute for the forums to process them.

cool tatoo's, I've been in a guild where I would have tatoo'd the logo on myself (if we actually had a cool logo, we didn't)

But i'm not sure if you are making a comment with your post or just showing them to us, either way, cool.

Shadowlander

inb4 the guild gets disbanded tomorrow

No statement, just thought this was a pretty cool thing.

Our guild has been around for a very long time, well over a decade. People change, some stay the same, but the guild goes on. As long as there is at least one of us alive Gunbad exists ;) I have been in this guild since the beginning. It's mostly adults.
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 01-11-2013 at 01:03 PM.

I think this is nuts. I belong to a lot of organizations and some for much longer than your guild has been together. I would never tat my body noting such.

That said, folks are free to be as odd as they please. If this makes you happy then go forth and be merry.

Btw, if this was a disguised guild recruitment thread then I think it failed. Not sure many would be willing to match your level of devotion.

My stray thoughts from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    Last edited by Haceldama; 01-11-2013 at 01:58 PM.

Huh, that's some dedication.
    Is there a story behind the name or did you just like how it sounded?

I'm still "in" my guild that I joined in '99 in Ultima Online, but alas I can't convince them to play Rift instead of that other game.

I think the tattoo artist should be shot. There is no flow to that tat and the colors already look faded, the outline is way thick and so is the name font it just looks messed up. I hope the first one is not finished yet as well.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    I think the tattoo artist should be shot. There is no flow to that tat and the colors already look faded, the outline is way thick and so is the name font it just looks messed up. I hope the first one is not finished yet as well.
    agreed ive seen alot of crap ink jobs, but this takes the cake

Is there a story behind the name or did you just like how it sounded?
    We used to switch names in each game, coming up with whatever matched the lore and settled on this in Warhammer Online where it was made into a dungeon. Many of us are fans of Games Workshop as well.

Mount Gunbad is a mountain near the Badlands riddled with caves, mines and ancient tunnels, currently infested with Night Goblins. These mines are a major source of Brightstone (Kh. Brynduraz), a rare metal needed by the Dwarfs to forge the mighty weapons known as Doomstrikers. In WAR, Mount Gunbad serves as a mid to high level PvE Dungeon for players to explore and defeat the adversaries within.
    Btw, if this was a disguised guild recruitment thread then I think it failed.
    Just something we wanted to share with people outside of our guild. Didn't expect you to take it as such.

Prophet of Telara

Something to show the Grandchildren one day eh ?

Soulwalker

Default I know that arm!

Hey I know that arm!! Clarification, that's that same tattoo on me Crypt- Z isnt a tattoo lover.

Anywhoo's...Gunbad. Been here close to two years now; its far more than a guild to me, these folks are family. Sure we have our come-and-goers, but there are many I'd trust my kid with.

And since I am one of those tattoo lovers anyways, even if Gunbad disbanded (which isn't gonna happen), I would still love my tattoo. It will always remind me of the awesome people I love, the fun (and often drunk) times we've had together, and the great (and terrible) games we've played together.

And ya the eye still needs a bit of touching up.

Well you are super brave to post these Ani. It's hard to explain to people why, all they see is a guild, our group is so much more. But I guess that kinda starts to just sound weird, so I duno.

I see this tatoo as a symbol of our friendships not a symbol of the guild itself.

Either way, grts I am next!
    Last edited by LastPrussian; 01-11-2013 at 03:45 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Lol, well yes the bottom pic we had to stop because his next appt. actually showed up on time! So those lines are just rough lines of the major features for next time. The top pic is the day after it was done. It looks different now, I should post a newer picture. I'm not sure how flowy a large black triangle can really be...wasn't going for flowy; Mission Accomplished! Lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast