+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TERA-ble news

Default TERA-ble news

so just moments ago it was announced that TERA will be going free to play in early Febuary this year, I'm not entirely suprised by this... but at the same time I'm a bit sad, but I suppose in the modern day MMO market it was somewhat of an achivement they managed to survive for roughly 10 months on a subscription based model.

You can read more about it here

Free to play announcement Trailer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=G7vNGdE5Qx4

P.S Sorry for the title, I love bad puns!
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Just goes to show how well Trion has done.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

At least it's a playable F2P! Previous customers get to keep their character slots (new players will only get 2) and bank tabs. There don't really seem to be restrictions unlike other recently F2P games.

I heard that in Asia they'll be able to pay for the subscription via in-game currency, a la EvE. If that comes to the EU version too I might be tempted to look into it as a break-off-cause-bored game. I played the beta, wasn't thrilled by the character style or repetitive content, but it's suitable for 4AM insomnia.

Quote Originally Posted by Talila View Post
    I heard that in Asia they'll be able to pay for the subscription via in-game currency, a la EvE. .
    That was implemented a while ago, even in NA.

This game was never good enough for p2p, but will make a strong f2p game. I havent uninstalled it yet, so i may give it a go now that the pressure is off.

Honestly I was never able to get Tera installed and running.

Trion, even tho' all the griping and complaining Rift is a pretty good game from installation forward. If they would ever get the classes fixed completely where I'm not respeccing my warrior after every hotfix i just may resub come May. That's mostly due to people I've been running with.
    Beware the Penguin...

Trion > All

Wish Blizzard would do that same..Only way I'd go back part-time.

Now with the F2P, I guess it's going to do ok with all the BRs huehuehueing there

It seems almost impossible for an MMO to stay sub based these days; Trion have done exceptionally well
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

The main reason I will continue to stick by Trion's side is the fact that they actually care about their customers and their feedback.

I loved this game. Played for a while and have a max level priest.

When I played, there was zero PvP. It was a purely PvE game with the "murder" debuff being the only PvP. It was just a bad setup.

Awesome game, Great graphics, amazing instances, BAD BAD BAD PvP.

Maybe it's changed now, but I think it's just too late.

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    Now with the F2P, I guess it's going to do ok with all the BRs huehuehueing there
    Lol indeed, the BRs, pinoys and Russians (dunno if EU is still up and running) will be in full force.

I must admit when it was first announced I was really excited about Tera, but then the Ethusiam faded before beta hit.

Im thinking probably having it as my 'bit on the side' along with RIFT when this whole F2P thing hits, might be an enjoyable experience for a while =)
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Another game with great potential destroyed by its own developers horrible implementations and incompetence.

I knew this game was going down the hole when they decided to move forward with the games censoring despite the HUGE amount of players against it. Then they started selling content soon after its release ... no, just no. They got what they deserve. Brian Knox screwed up Aion, and as I suspected, screwed up TERA as well. Now I truly wont ever buy a game with his name on the credits for anything higher than "janitor."

During the beta events they had, I couldn't even make it through the tutorial. Bad controls, snooze fest, etc.

It just was not enjoyable at all to me, it felt like a clunky console game that had been ported over to PC and made multiplayer.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast