+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar
  • 2 Post By TehFrank

Thread: Catty in-game females (or males)! [STORY TIME]

Default Catty in-game females (or males)! [STORY TIME]

No name dropping (of players or Guilds) please. No trolling of any peoples as well.

Have you ever run into a catty female or male in-game? They're well known and then you walk in, and they're threatened and treat you rather rudely? What did they do? How did you handle it?

This thread is more about "sharing stories" rather than debating, but if you'd like to debate the topic, feel free as long as it's on topic and not rude.

I once joined a Guild and left literally an hour later because another girl in the Guild called me "trashy" and said I was bad for their image. I wasn't offended but I knew I'd have to deal with it my entire stay, so I just left to save the future drama. Since then I have joined several Guilds with incredibly friendly females. But that one encounter certainly puts me on edge when joining new Guilds in any game. :P
    Last edited by Parfaite; 12-19-2012 at 11:37 AM.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

I find this thread ironic considering your sig pic.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I find this thread ironic considering your sig pic.
    You know what I mean :P

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Prophet of Telara Shaidar Haran's Avatar

Angry and self-conscience people are always going to be rude, or as they would say it.."honest." Politeness is not taught anymore, but to be fair I was not there and there is always 2 sides to a story. Either way, celebrate your life, let others deal with their own issues.

My story:

I chose to swap to Silkweb for a bit and see how the shard was doing after my raiding guild broke. I joined a friendly raiding guild that advertised their memberbase as being all in the 30+ range, as a casual non raider, and joined their vent. First thing I hear is this guy just talking above and beyond everyone else, throwing insults and just doing the whole "Look at me and listen to me cause I am important over the internet" thing. Needless to say, he was ignored and I stayed in the guild for about another day.

There are few things you can actually do to a person over the internet. Real Life you have lots more options like slapping them or simply glaring at them or even crying to make them feel bad. I have no patience for truly immature people who are not happy with their lot in life and try to drag me down with them. An old saying I like to remember:

Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris - Mephistopheles in Dr. Faustus

translates

It is a comfort to the wretched to have companions in misery
    My Hand Reaches Far...

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    There's typically no warning for unexpected crashes.

Did someone say Nyancat?

=^.^= nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan nyan =^.^=

I rejoined a guild in Rift that I used to belong to in another game (no not WoW) and there was a girl in the guild who, for whatever reason, just had to make it know every five minutes that she was a chic. (lame imo) but finally one day one of the other guildies who knew me from way back, made a comment that I was a fem too, and all of a sudden shiz got weird lol, and she tried to go all alphaFem on me

You see, I don't advertise my gender, and since I pretty much pvp exclusively, I guess she assumed I was a d00d.

Anyway, since I went way back with said guild, I asked the GL to make me an officer, and I kicked her. he offered to do it, but I felt she would love me more if it came from me lawl.
    Jennacide 60 Rogue Chilastra 60 Warrior Ksenia 60 Mage JulezRulez 60 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread