Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: SWTOR announces first expansion: Rise of The Hutt Cartel

Default SWTOR announces first expansion: Rise of The Hutt Cartel

So SWTOR has recently announced a new expansion coming in spring next year: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I know your probably wondering what goodies bioware has in store and it looks like in terms of content they are really living upto their extremley low expectations, so I bet your all on the egde of your seats wondering all the awesome features THIS expansion has to offer:
    • Increased Level Cap to 55!
    • 1 New Planet (Zone) : Makeb
    • A Voice-acted cinematic story

and the best part?!?!? All of this amazing content can be yours for just $20 for non-exisiting subscribers!

Read more about this awesome new expansion here

/End Sarcaysm

I believe the standard RIFT hotfix has more content
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Looks pretty amazing tbh.
    I often find Rift lacks value for money.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    ~Said No One Ever.
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

Looks pretty amazing tbh.
    The Farce is strong with you young Padawan Primal

Rift Disciple

Can't believe the game is still alive

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post
    So SWTOR has recently announced a new expansion coming in spring next year: Rise of the Hutt Cartel, I know your probably wondering what goodies bioware has in store and it looks like in terms of content they are really living upto their extremley low expectations, so I bet your all on the egde of your seats wondering all the awesome features THIS expansion has to offer:

and the best part?!?!? All of this amazing content can be yours for just $20 for non-exisiting subscribers!

/End Sarcaysm

Worst game ever i dont think its possible to do any worse with that great of an IP. Star wars fans will buy blood soaked Luke Skywalker underwear on ebay for 100k but wont pay to livein the craptastic star wars universe bioware created for 15 bucks a month.

Not only that the game iseven a burden on the best computers wastes so much memory an takes so much resources to run. I can literally redraw each zone by hand for as long as it takes to load between zones.
    Last edited by Scarybadlady; 12-19-2012 at 10:16 AM.
    ...In for a penny in for a pound...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Scarybadlady View Post
    Not only that the game iseven a burden on the best computers wastes so much memory an takes so much resources to run. I can literally redraw each zone by hand for as long as it takes to load between zones.
    I'll have to disagree on that comment. The actual game runs times again better than Rift for me.

Ascendant

lol, Rift has tossed more in the design trash bin than that expansion has.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Toransparkwing View Post

/End Sarcaysm

You, ahem, conveniently left out the final bullet point:
    • Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

Glad to see Rift is still champion by lunatics and liars.
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick827 View Post
    You, ahem, conveniently left out the final bullet point:
    • Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features!

Glad to see Rift is still champion by lunatics and liars.

What they mean is:
    • Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features that will be placed on our cartel coin store for you to purchase because we've already given a full press release and an investor's call on this topic and this is the entirety of the features list. Everything else included will be standard fare bug fixes, optimizations, and cash shop items. May your wallet be with us!

The thing that makes me smile at night is the fact that all of the SWTOR fanbois are playing a Disney game now.

=D

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    What they mean is:
    • Stay tuned for more information coming soon - Over the next few months we will reveal more exciting new features that will be placed on our cartel coin store for you to purchase because we've already given a full press release and an investor's call on this topic and this is the entirety of the features list. Everything else included will be standard fare bug fixes, optimizations, and cash shop items. May your wallet be with us!
    The OP was blatantly spreading misinformation. Do you have anything to refute this or are you just going to mindlessly bash the game instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    The thing that makes me smile at night is the fact that all of the SWTOR fanbois are playing a Disney game now.

=D
    Mindlessly bash it is, then.
    <Have access to Photoshop?>---No---[Use very old guild signature that no one will understand]

Blatantly spreading misinformation?
    That's a bit over the top, he listed everything that was announced, what else can he mention?
    Nope.

Rift Disciple

Blatantly spreading misinformation?
    That's a bit over the top, he listed everything that was announced, what else can he mention?
    He listed everything that was announced and stated that was all that the expansion would include despite knowing that not everything has been announced yet. The tone of his post makes his intentions obvious.

There was a time when we only knew two or three things about Storm Legion. Would it be fair if someone had said that the expansion would only increase the level cap and add a new island, "and the best part?!?!? All of this amazing content can be yours for just $39.99?" No, because that would be absurd.
    Last edited by Maverick827; 12-20-2012 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick827 View Post
    There was a time when we only knew two or three things about Storm Legion. Would it be fair if someone had said that the expansion would only increase the level cap and add a new island, "and the best part?!?!? All of this amazing content can be yours for just $39.99?" No, because that would be absurd.
    http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/

This page was released with the initial reveal of the Storm Legion expansion =), which mentions:
    • Two huge new continents - Tripling the size of the exisiting world
    • Epic Stories
    • New Capital City - Tempest bay
    • 10 More levels through to 60
    • 4 More Souls
    • 7 New Dungeons
    • 3 Raids
    • 1 Chronicle
    • Hunt RIFTS
    • Volan
    • Dimensions
    • Grandmaster Crafting
    • Capes
    • New Puzzles, Artifact Collections, titles and much more

Nothing was mentioned about pricing upon annoucment, but when I read this page I was throwing money at the screen already as I'm sure we all were, nice try tho =)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast