+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirror's Edge, frustrating game.

Default Mirror's Edge, frustrating game.

I got Mirror's Edge from 20 euro which was pretty cheap.

The first chapter was amazing and fun, the city looks great, the graphics and animations are so good.

Then you get into the second chapter and the puzzles become increasingly difficult. You often miss a ledge because you don't see it, you keep dying more and more.

The third chapter introduces a lot of cops and people who shoot at you, while trying to solve puzzles, while trying to find ledges and while trying to avoid falling to your death....not exactly fun.

Every chapter after that is more difficult and becomes more frustrating, I ended up dying 30 times on a single puzzle. A boss in chapter 7 who won't die, a ledge you can't find, a jump you keep missing.

All the fun you had in chapter 1 pretty soon turns into frustration and disgust for the game. I ended up suiciding my character off a building ^-^, because that was more fun!

It's a game that's been out a while but I like to write what I think of games that got some good reviews and end up being not so good. It ends up on Google and other people get to see it and find they're not alone.

Did anyone else play this game, what did you think?

i've played it and loved it, buggy game (EA doh) but still lots of fun, parkour with a twist
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1282&dateline=1279040  725

Champion

Might take a look at it, personally I prefer games with a challenge to this might be up my street! :P

I have it ... only played beginning thus far. Haven't really had time to play it since. Really enjoyed what I played though. Needed walkthrough instructions on some areas.

I really enjoyed Mirrors Edge, always nice to experience new gameplay opportunities that differ from killing things (even though the option to kill / KO is still there). I sure hope they bring out a 2nd game.

I found Mirror's Edge to be rather enjoyable experience, although there was a lot of flaws such as the very linear design and the amount of potential sudden death moments. But I suppose it was easy to forgive a lot to a game that tried to do things different from anything else on the market and combined it with a briliant use of lines and colors to create an unique visual look.

However, the downside in my opinion was that the game was almost a constant chain of scripted events to keep the player moving. While that was fun the first time around, since you didn't know what exactly was coming up next and had to react to the situation, it also pretty much killed the replay value since next time around you would already know exactly what happens and how you need to handle everything.

I loved Mirrors Edge, but I didn't really find it that hard, if I remember correctly.
    It was pretty short and fast to play through.
    Another thing that I didn't thought it would be like before I played it, was that you're so bound to the actual "course" and there's no free run-around-whereever-you-want in the game, which bummed me out.
    But anyways, thought the game was really great, would defo buy a sequel if it was made.

Another game I really enjoyed was Portal, and Portal 2 is soon here and it looks really promising.

+ Reply to Thread