+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MMO Social Site - Create Character Profiles

Banned

Red face MMO Social Site - Create Character Profiles

Looking for Feedback

Take your Online MMO Character from any game and create Social profiles. Customize your profile however you like. Create or join various groups with customize pages along with look for news updates from various sources that PEEP updates to new titles, announcements etc.

Check out the site and see what you all think www.mmopeeps.com

The site requires zero personal information and its totally FREE to use! The hope is that this begins to change the way MMO community & gamers finally communicates with each other. Also main point is for us gamers to socialize behind our characters that so many of us pour months into and not have to feel one must meet with the normal social appearance that one must give for like sites like FACE BOOK etc. This will give everyone the ability to meet, share idea, share stories, etc without ever having to post Real Life photos or give away information that you would rather keep to yourself.

Wanted to share this with the Rift community as we been following Rifts for about 6 months, so we wanted to give this community a sneak peak at it first.

Rift Master

so i understand this right - its something like Facebook - just for my game character ? - sounds funny

Banned

Profile creation is based on previous MMO experience, Current Game, Playing Style, Current Game Playing, Your avatar can be IN Game Screen shot of your character / Or Own Artistic image etc..... Profiles can be fully customizable. Save all your personal videos, guild videos etc and much more as well.

Can meet MMO players from same area, chat, plan events, etc... !

Definitely into this idea...

I've lost touch with so many friends through the years, would be great to have one place for gamers to meet up. And this doesn't ask for any personal information either which is why most of them won't sign onto facebook!

.... Recruiting officer for The Watch

Signed up! ^^

Will this site disappear like Rift Clerics did? Thank you for sharing, but I think I'll hold off on signing up till I know it's more...solid.

Banned

Rift Clerics was hacked because a flaw in the word press. So we moved our efforts to developing this. Rift Clerics will be born again but along side this site now..... this is our main site and we will branch off to other stuff from within this social network.

We understand Kitty not a problem at all. In due time we hope to see you over at MMOPEEPS with us and other friends!

We also understand that some just don't like socializing which is fine as well but the cool thing is its a place for information we hope later on as well where one can find lots of information not only for upcoming games but the community that is following it etc.

Thumbs up

This is a nice idea, I mean people enjoy showing off their characters' stats and armor if the wow armory is anything to go by. Best of luck Femur.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by IDDQD View Post
    This is a nice idea, I mean people enjoy showing off their characters' stats and armor if the wow armory is anything to go by. Best of luck Femur.
    Great feedback and thank you for the good luck! Were just trying to improve on Communication with the gaming MMO society as a whole I know wishful thinking LOL!

However I am not real sure what you mean about showing off their character's. The character profile you create is basically your avatar if you will. The hope is people would grab the concept of bringing your Character that you might spent 2 years of real life playing and developing to as close to REAL LIFE as possible. These characters are US if you will. Really the only people that understand that is MMO players! I wouldn't say the site is to just show of your characters aka like armory etc. Its to socialize with the MMO society in a centralize location from various games to create community events, in game stuff, out of game stuff and much more building and growing lasting relationships that so many of us have created with these great games over the last 10+ years!

I guess maybe I need to define the message and show more of what the site is about on the site to help clear up any misunderstandings someone might have when just checking it out?
    Last edited by Femur; 09-14-2010 at 06:19 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty View Post
    Will this site disappear like Rift Clerics did? Thank you for sharing, but I think I'll hold off on signing up till I know it's more...solid.
    I was trying to reply to your PM but your inbox is full!

Quote Originally Posted by Femur View Post
    I was trying to reply to your PM but your inbox is full!
    Heh, sorry. Fixed :P

Banned

Great..... PM sent!

Site looks good and it sounds like a solid idea. Best of luck, Femur! I may just register.

Banned

Great... thanks for the great feedback. The more people the better. It wont be long and other people from various other MMOs might be stopping by and taking in on the social fun.

Ive wanted this for a long long time, lost touch with so many folks over the years.

To that end I have a suggestion. Right now the site seems good, but i'll be honest I dont see me using it as it stands right now.

If you were to change profiles so people could list their old character names they have used and the games they were used in, individually not on block of text but list each name then add a game for each name from a drop down menu, I would be very interested. Something that others can search for. Like search for 'Arrowguy' (bad bad example but you get me) in game everquest and it links you to that persons profile and you are able to get in touch with them, kinda like 'mmofriends reunited' type thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast