+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Team Fortress 2

Default Team Fortress 2

Figured I would start a thread about TF2 seeing as it seems to be a popular response to the "what are you currently doing/playing whilst waiting for Rift" type threads.

Figured it might be fun to find out which servers people frequent, favourite game type, class etc, and maybe even get a group going on steam if this thread proves popular enough, as it could be fun to have some games with fellow Rifters.

Personal preference is Payload games, and can most often be found playing Pyro. Server wise I don't have any specific favourites atm.

**edit** Group created, if anyone is interested in getting together for some games then by all means drop an invite request on it

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RiftersTF2
    Last edited by Slacka; 09-13-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Oh yay for TF2.
    Havn't played it in a while tho.. Should fire it up sometime and try to get the new weapons for the Engineer.
    I also enjoy the PL maps mostly, as I almost always play Demoman, it's pretty easy to get some kills. I only play public.
    Usually play on Pelipurrki server, located in Finland. Or sometimes you'll find me on either Trells, or Lokalen(But often just since i'm the queue to Pelipurkki)

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Oh yay for TF2.
    Havn't played it in a while tho.. Should fire it up sometime and try to get the new weapons for the Engineer.
    I also enjoy the PL maps mostly, as I almost always play Demoman, it's pretty easy to get some kills. I only play public.
    Usually play on Pelipurrki server, located in Finland. Or sometimes you'll find me on either Trells, or Lokalen(But often just since i'm the queue to Pelipurkki)
    Same for me, play on public only, and even though i play a lot i suck rather badly, so im one of those easy kills :P

Have been playing on a quite nice 24/7 payload server tonight (Free Frag Network), only thing im not so much of a fan of is the fact its a 36 player server (have found it can be a bit hard to get on the 24 player payload servers), which can sometimes feel a bit overcrowded...

mmmrrrrr tf2 <3 ;D

I've been playing it in leagues such as Etf2l, Esl etc I usually played scout or heavy and was kinda good, but got no time to play it anymore, it took too much from my life (5 days a week league matches, and friendly matches which was 3-5h a day..).

I play it from time to time but nothing serious anymore ;e
    ;e

Lol I had TF2 for about year... or even more, and still dont have time to fire it up and start playing... Main reason is because there are WAY too many achievements to collect... And I know I wont enjoy the game untill I collect them all... But yeah, I might give it a go if this proves popular.. I am ALWAYS playing a sniper, or equivelant. So I am one of those people who everyone hates... And I decided to play sniper on TF2 because of this!
    I don't need to "Get a life."! I'm a Gamer! I have loads of Lifes! - - - Necromancy - happiness is an army of unstoppable, loyal, killing machines.

Last edited by Onybic; 09-14-2010 at 04:34 AM.
    ;e

Quote Originally Posted by Elladar View Post
    Lol I had TF2 for about year... or even more, and still dont have time to fire it up and start playing... Main reason is because there are WAY too many achievements to collect... And I know I wont enjoy the game untill I collect them all... But yeah, I might give it a go if this proves popular.. I am ALWAYS playing a sniper, or equivelant. So I am one of those people who everyone hates... And I decided to play sniper on TF2 because of this!
    Tbh you just need to get in there and start playing, personally I have racked up 80 or so of the achievements so far, a lot of which were without even trying, as a lot of them are about accumulating a set number of certain types of kills, damage, etc, which will come with time played, whether you are making specific effort on that achievement or not, and others are just about doing random or silly things.

Happy to join with anyone that is up for some games anyway, can either request an invite to that steam group, or I don't mind pm's either here or on steam (am easy enough to find, as I am leader of the group in the first post ) if anyone wants to play some games without being added.

+ Reply to Thread