Thread: What are you playing now?

1)d3
    2)angry birds
    3)rift
    4)waiting on gw2 and everquest next
    "Its better to look ugly and win rather than pretty and lose"-me
    "Fortune favors the Bold"-Virgil
    Rogosh of Forsaken-Rodcet Nife EQ, Karsa and Karsaorlong- WoW
    Rogosh 50 Bahmi formerly warrior of Citadel may they rest in piece.

1. Rift
    2. Various Final Fantasy's
    3. Alpha Testing a game I cant talk about.
    4. Beta Testing a Game I cant talk about.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

General of Telara SanguineDeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    1. Rift
    2. Various Final Fantasy's
    3. Alpha Testing a game I cant talk about.
    4. Beta Testing a Game I cant talk about.
    How is the final fantasy franchise? Any good worth looking into? And if so, which "episode" do you recommend as there are many lol

What I've been playing:
    • Starbase Orion (MOO2-like on iOS. Beautiful game.)
    • TSW.
    • Dungeon Master. Yes, really. I have a (legit, actually licensed) Amiga emulator, roms, and so on. And yes, I legitimately own DM and CSB.
    • Torchlight.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    How is the final fantasy franchise? Any good worth looking into? And if so, which "episode" do you recommend as there are many lol
    FF6 is my all time fav on the playstation, I think it was ff3 way back in the day on the super nintendo. FF7 has one of the best stories imo and I would give ff9 a shot to. I think its worth looking into I have them all across all paltforms lol. Final fantasy tactics can be a good one too, almost forgot about that one. If you dont mind outdated graphics start with ff6 then go 7, tactics, and then 9.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by SanguineDeath View Post
    Personally I love the franchise. I actually jumped in on X but went as far back as VII later because they came highly recommended. Out of the ones I've tried, here are some footnotes that might help:

Final Fantasy VII: Often quoted as the best Final Fantasy game ever and sometimes quoted as the best video game ever. It has a good story but keep in mind that the graphics are very outdated by this point, which takes away some of its charm since it won't have the "new and shiny" feeling it did when it first came out. Side-games like raising chocobos can also keep you fairly preoccupied. The bad guy is the most well-known for a reason and if you really love the lore of a game, you'll find some more recent films/Final Fantasy games that expand on this story and are all very entertaining in and of themselves. Aside from the graphics, a possible negative point is that you may have already had the major plot points spoiled for you given how popular FFVII references are on the Internet. If you choose not to play this game, I still recommend looking up Sephiroth's theme music; I believe it's called "One-Winged Angel".

Final Fantasy VIII: Good cast of characters in my opinion, but it's more of a love story than most other final fantasy games. A decent game to get but, again, the graphics are older, so that may or may not hurt your enjoyment of the game. Although I didn't care much for it personally, the card-battling mini-game was a big hit with my friends in this particular Final Fantasy.

Final Fantasy IX: My personal favorite as far as the story goes.This one has an all-around more upbeat feeling with some particularly memorable characters. It keeps bits of the card and chocobo mini-games from the previously mentioned two, so there are some decent time-wasting options in this game, as well. Again, the graphics will be a bit older.

Final Fantasy X: The most fun to play in my personal opinion, probably because it was my first Final Fantasy game. Greater emphasis on summons than in previous games, which I enjoyed, and as far as graphics go the game should still be recent enough that the characters at least don't look like blobs of playdough. Good story, though a bit confusing at times if you aren't paying attention. If I remember correctly, it has a volleyball-themed mini-game I found particularly annoying. There is also a Final Fantasy X:2, this game's direct sequel, and although I played and somewhat enjoyed it I cannot really recommend it. For Final Fantasy X, I was particularly fond of the environments and characters.

Final Fantasy XII: I never got far in this one. More than anything, it felt like a single-player MMO - something that took a huge amount of MMO grind and, for whatever reason, threw it into a single-player game. I would often hit snags where I could not progress due to being of too low a level, but I also could not go back and level up due to being stuck at a particular place in the story of the game. I recommend getting a second opinion on this one from someone who played it more fully.

Final Fantasy XIII: I have not had time to play this one yet, and have heard mixed reviews. The opinions of those around me seem to be that you have to wade through too many long stretches of mobs to reach too-small snippets of story, that the story itself is mildly interesting, and that "[the characters in the game] whine too much."

Whew, sorry for the super-long post! Hope that helps some. Anyway, things I'm playing now... let's see...
    1. Tera (Awful story, gorgeous graphics and fluid motion, absolutely love having fun combat in an MMO)
    2. The Secret World (Only a trial, but very interested to see adventure game elements returning)
    3. Dark Souls (Why do I torture myself so?)
    4. Bastion
    5. DCUO
    6. Mass Effect 3 (Beat this already actually, but recently. It was a good series.)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    What I've been playing:
    • Starbase Orion (MOO2-like on iOS. Beautiful game.)
    • TSW.
    • Dungeon Master. Yes, really. I have a (legit, actually licensed) Amiga emulator, roms, and so on. And yes, I legitimately own DM and CSB.
    • Torchlight.
    Even if it wasn't legit seebs, i wouldn't rat you out lol!

Shadowlander

• TSW
    • Rift
    • Bejeweled 3
    • Trying to decide which of the Steam Sale games I bought I should play next...
    Ishtarina (formerly Ishtari) / Katabtic
    The Empire - Faeblight
    Casual, laid back, and real life comes first. Let's have fun!

Ascendant

Rift - which I am a little frustrated with at teh moment

alpha testing and Beta testing of some game, have not been able to do as much as I would of lliked though

thinking of picking up The Secret World to tide me over till Storm Legion, but that is probably only because Rift is makeing me feel like smacking my head against a wall repeatedly lately - I really don't want to spend more money on a game I don't intend to play for more than a month or two

or maybe EQ2, I have not visited that franchise since the early days of the original

After the GW2 betas, nothing really compares anymore. I'm trying to keep busy with:

Rift: from time to time I go do a lolquest and derp around aimlessly.
    TSW: I play long enough to get annoyed with buggy quests and log out.
    Tera: Got to like 30-something and quit, enough mindless crap.
    D3: I pick it up from time to time...but three go arounds of the same crud is enough.
    Steam randomness: Whatever crap I have sitting in Steam.
    WoW: I'm actually downloading it again right now, fml. I'm only downloading to play arena, I need a PvP fix.
    Last edited by Plastique; 07-24-2012 at 08:20 PM. Reason: WoW comment

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

1.Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
    2. X3 Albion Prelude
    3.The Witcher 2
    4.Supreme Commander 2
    5.Europa Universalis 3
    6.Company Of Heroes

Im a armchair general kinda guy.

For any space nuts i highly recommend #2
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzvpfCrxL2Y

Turn the sound up. Its epic. And thats ingame play.
    Last edited by Synergis; 07-24-2012 at 11:02 PM.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Rift
    Mass Effect 3
    Wrath of Heroes
    Eve Online
    Blood and Glory (Cheap little MMO I play on my IPOD)
    Last edited by Stehna; 07-25-2012 at 12:15 PM.
    This is not the signature you are looking for, move along!

Quote Originally Posted by Stehna View Post
    Rift
    Mass Effect 3
    Wrath of Heroes
    Eve Online
    Blood and Glory (Cheap little MMO I play on my IPOD)
    Forgot Minecraft
    This is not the signature you are looking for, move along!

Ascendant

i play rift...

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    i play rift...
    I would go totally nuts playing ONLY one game. I need variety.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast